Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 06:56 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times

Advertisements

In all honesty, has Trump ever admitted a mistake?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:57 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Good comparison, although I suspect not for the reason you would like.

Let's compare and contrast, shall we?
  • Did then-candidate Obama spend days doubling down and insisting to the press that ther were, in fact, 57 states? I'd say no.
  • Did then-candidate Obama release a video where he presented a map of the US with 7 states added in sharpie? Again, no.
  • Did then-candidate Obama have his press secretary scour the media for a mistake on the number of states, and call it out on Twitter? Waddaya know, that's yet another no.

See what happens when grown up men make mistakes? They acknowledge and move on. (You guys haven't moved on, obviously.)

But it IS fun to watch presumed adults bring up a 10-year old admitted gaffe to argue that it's totes unfair to keep focusing on their guy's 3 day old unacknowledged, yet obvious, mess-up.
Trump followers are as juvenile as he is

Old 09-05-2019, 07:06 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Admitting a mistake is childish, refusing to is - not?
No, CNN's snark back at the white house was childish.

In any case, they were apparently wrong as we now have a statement from a US Coast Guard Rear Admiral that he briefed Trump and Trump was not mistaken that there was the potential for tropical force winds in AL.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:08 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
In times like this I really, really do miss inauguration-crowd-size Spicey.

Good times.

Where did the years go?
Just think we missed his and Sara’s interpretation of why a line is a line is not a line...in the sand...

Trump called in a Fox reporter to argue his case...
One purple line on a map and that is justification for not making a real apology...
He. Just. Can’t. Do. It: Apologize

Old 09-05-2019, 07:09 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Is he the guy who drew the fake circle on Trump's hurricane map?
I doubt it.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say I don't believe a US Coast Guard Officer would put his reputation on the line just to defend Trump especially regarding something which in the scheme of things doesn't matter because there was no impact to anyone one way or the other.

I happen to know quite a few Coasties. That's not how they operate.

You on the other hand can believe whatever you want or whatever the Leftist controlled media tells you to believe.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:12 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Trump followers are as juvenile as he is
Don’t blame age for this...
My 7 yr old grandson knows when he makes a mistake and can own up to it and take whatever punishment might come—
Maybe nothing but a tickle fight—
Maybe go to his room
Maybe loss of privilege

Trump isn’t doing this because he is a juvenile —
He is doing it because he is a malignant narcissist
And LYING is one of the immutable aspects of malignant narcissism...
Narcissists also cannot be wrong—
Do anything to avoid it and won’t apologize...

Let’s just call it what it is—a psychosis in action...

Old 09-05-2019, 07:13 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No, CNN's snark back at the white house was childish..
Mommy! They're fighting back!

Old 09-05-2019, 07:22 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4EApcmiss

This is from Fox News, so it's not just CNN.
Even Fox news is getting tired of Trump's constant lies.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:40 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
57 States in the u.s., just saying ...
Quote:
Good comparison, although I suspect not for the reason you would like.

Let's compare and contrast, shall we?
  • Did then-candidate Obama spend days doubling down and insisting to the press that ther were, in fact, 57 states? I'd say no.
  • Did then-candidate Obama release a video where he presented a map of the US with 7 states added in sharpie? Again, no.
  • Did then-candidate Obama have his press secretary scour the media for a mistake on the number of states, and call it out on Twitter? Waddaya know, that's yet another no.

See what happens when grown up men make mistakes? They acknowledge and move on. (You guys haven't moved on, obviously.)

But it IS fun to watch presumed adults bring up a 10-year old admitted gaffe to argue that it's totes unfair to keep focusing on their guy's 3 day old unacknowledged, yet obvious, mess-up.
You'll get no argument from me, Trump is a dfuass, but ...
Quote:
simple mistake -- many Presidents before have made the same
again, just saying ... Obama made several more, that is just the one that popped in the moment. Incidentally, guess what country has 57 States ...

And we can do the same for most any POTUS in history ... The problem is, when looking that the fool hearted blunders, we are not looking at ? that which is more important, their governorship.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:41 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
57 States in the u.s., just saying ...
Corrected right away, not yapping about it for 5 days trying to justify it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies