Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 12:55 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,407,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because the WH won't answer questions.

We know that the WH claimed that Trump was getting hourly updates.
We know that there were 13 updates between the 29th and the 1st.
We know that Trump was using a map from the 29th.

Was he sleeping through those hourly meetings?
Was he doodling with his sharpie?
Was he eating hamburders?

No clue, but we do know that he wasn't paying attention to the updates or he wouldn't be using a 3 day old projection.
Well, first the WH cant answer a question no one has asked.

We have no idea what was included in the hourly briefings. Many of them probably had little to do with the specific storm track and were about other things like fuel, evacuation plans, communications with the governors, etc. You're assuming every time there was an official update on the storm track they trotted a map into Trump. I kind of doubt that myself.

Sorry but if I had a media outlet and you were a reporter, I would have to fire you.

Because you nor I can still not say why Trump reported outdated info relative to AL.

All we have is his explanation that the last map he saw showed possible strong wind in AL.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:55 PM

46,880 posts, read 25,845,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
As of today, no one has reported on how/why that happened.
No one asked how come the president claimed the noise from wind turbines cause cancer - when everybody knows it's nonsense - either. Because it's not remotely interesting.

If the dotard could man up and say "I appear to have been misinformed", we'd be looking at a moment of integrity. Instead we're stuck with this 4-day tantrum.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times
Quote:
Well, first the WH cant answer a question no one has asked.

We have no idea what was included in the hourly briefings. Many of them probably had little to do with the specific storm track and were about other things like fuel, evacuation plans, communications with the governors, etc. You're assuming every time there was an official update on the storm track they trotted a map into Trump. I kind of doubt that myself.

Sorry but if I had a media outlet and you were a reporter, I would have to fire you.

Because you nor I can still not say why Trump reported outdated info relative to AL.

All we have is his explanation that the last map he saw showed possible strong wind in AL.
Not only outdated, but 3 day old. I'm sure that he was updated on a major storms trajectory more than once every THREE days.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:58 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,192,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's like I said in an earlier post that someone tried to say was all wrong - even though it was not.

They have several tracts that they think the hurricane will go along - the reason that they have so many of them is because they can't accurately predict that far out. They know about a day or 2 before, that's it, and even then, sometimes they are wrong.

I know good and well about these predictions and tracts because my first year in South Florida was 2005 - the year of Katrina, Rita, and Wilma. I'd never been in a hurricane before, so I definitely paid attention to the news. You quickly learn about the media's "cone of death" reporting - and how they hype everything up, even after the hurricane is over. They'll find the one downed palm tree, or the one big puddle in the middle of the road and set up their shot to try to convince everyone that everywhere looks like that. And they have the audacity to talk about Trump on this? These liars have been out there for years trying to scare the carp out of everyone when it comes to hurricanes - they have NOTHING to say.

As for the NWS - they have multiple tracts that the storm could take - and one of the tracts definitely led right into Alabama. Someone said earlier, "That was just a corner of the storm". No! That was just the time that the storm would arrive there. As if the storm would arrive there at that time and then just die, right then and there. That's not how it works.

The complete imbecilic posts on this thread reveal that too many people have no clue what they are talking about, but they then turn around and call the POTUS an idiot - the irony of calling POTUS an idiot when their posts reveal just how dumb they are, themselves, is delicious.

So they changed tactics and then said, 'but that was days after the update' - because they believe that POTUS has nothing else to do but sit there and watch hurricane coverage? He was advised at one point. At the point that he was advised, the NWS had the hurricane on a tract that could very much affect Alabama.

Now here's what these fools are doing:

The hurricane did not go on that tract that the NWS predicted - suddenly it's "Trump's an idiot".

IF the hurricane had indeed gone on that tract and Trump was not proactive towards Alabama, JUST. IN. CASE. you can bet these same mouth breathers would have been on here slamming him for that, because, "He should have known. The NWS predicted that would be one of the tracts that the storm could take. (Fill in stupid nicknames here.)"

The fact is, whatever briefing Trump got, it was when he was told the tract could be heading towards Florida and into Alabama.

I guess when people don't have a life, and sit and stare at their computer all day long, they expect that everyone else does the same, including the POTUS. As if the POTUS doesn't have a hundred other things to do, as well.

I wish one of these clown shoes would know what it's like to be a president - of anything, really. Even a company, so that they could see that people in those positions don't have all the free time that they do to armchair forecast.
No life? Look at all this diatribe defending the nonsense of Trump, lol.

Old 09-06-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
How come Trump did not say, my bad, I stand corrected because I was going off an older model on his first tweet?
Already explained why imo.

He's at war with the Press and they attacked him reporting what happened with slants and ridicule to make him look bad rather than just having misspoken or been misinformed.

When attacked he attacks back.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:03 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times
Quote:

He's at war with the Press and they attacked him reporting what happened with slants and ridicule to make him look bad rather than just having misspoken or been misinformed.

And rather than just saying "I was misinformed, or mistaken" he has been ranting on twitter for nearly a week now, and altering old projection maps to try to justify is error.
An adult would have said oops, I made a mistake, or laugh it off and move on.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:10 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,945,928 times
Quote:

No, he is setting himself up to be attacked intentionally by feeding them.
He is the source of the controversy.
If he said, my bad or nothing at all, they have no ammo.

Reminds me of lessons I learned in school, ignore the gossip and rumors because you will just feed the sources and give them what they want.

Now me, including millions more know about this today because of him going mental over this.

Last edited by J746NEW; 09-06-2019 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 01:11 PM

8,342 posts, read 4,326,545 times
It's pretty obvious Trump's mental status is declining and he is not fit for the office he holds. He simply does not behave rationally.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not only outdated, but 3 day old. I'm sure that he was updated on a major storms trajectory more than once every THREE days.
According to the Coast Guard Rear Admiral who was briefing him, there were NHC maps showing possibility of tropical storm force winds in AL until Sept 2.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:22 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,599,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
How come Trump did not say, my bad, I stand corrected because I was going off an older model on his first tweet?
That was too easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies