Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 12:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sadly, the views of this business is most likely shared by many folk on this website and throughout this country. As much as interracial relationships have become more frequent and 'accepted,' many still do not approve.

I love the woman's quote though:

“From the moment I posted the video, I didn’t expect it to grow as big as it did,” she told The Root. “My only intentions were to warn my own community and surrounding areas.”

Is there anything more fake and annoying than when someone posts something inflammatory on social media and then claims afterwards that they didn't know it would go viral? Come on now, give me a break. You KNEW it would go viral. These days, if anyone perceives a slight, then the first thing they do is to vent on social media and hope it goes 'viral' to shame the business or person.

Anyhow, sorry to disappoint some but race IS protected by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. A public venue cannot discriminate based on race, and religion is absolutely no excuse in this case.
Yes, but those liberals don't openly flaunt their racism, they usually mask it in soft bigotry like "black people need help" which translates to "black people must get help due to their inferiority".

I look forward to the day liberals are less racist.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Did you look at the twitter feed of the person who posted this video on which the article was based?

https://twitter.com/Khyla1013/status...81854651977731

this video came from facebook post seen by the person who posted it. It didn't happen to the person who posted the video on twitter.
What does any of that matter ?????? You arent disputing the story itself.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, but those liberals don't openly flaunt their racism, they usually mask it in soft bigotry like "black people need help" which translates to "black people must get help due to their inferiority".

I look forward to the day liberals are less racist.
Either stats matter or they dont.

Conservatives cant talk about wealth inequality in major cities just to thrown it in liberals faces, and then call it soft bigotry when liberals mention the exact same stats.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sadly, the views of this business is most likely shared by many folk on this website and throughout this country. As much as interracial relationships have become more frequent and 'accepted,' many still do not approve.

I love the woman's quote though:

“From the moment I posted the video, I didn’t expect it to grow as big as it did,” she told The Root. “My only intentions were to warn my own community and surrounding areas.”

Is there anything more fake and annoying than when someone posts something inflammatory on social media and then claims afterwards that they didn't know it would go viral? Come on now, give me a break. You KNEW it would go viral. These days, if anyone perceives a slight, then the first thing they do is to vent on social media and hope it goes 'viral' to shame the business or person.

Anyhow, sorry to disappoint some but race IS protected by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. A public venue cannot discriminate based on race, and religion is absolutely no excuse in this case
While that is true in a legal sense, it's not really discriminating against someone based on race if two people of any same race marrying is accommodated. It's discrimination in marriage.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964, for better or worse, still violates the constitution. The supreme court had already ruled it is unconstitutional to compel private acts. Then a later supreme court made up the fiction of a private "public accommodation" and the fiction that the commerce clause that had been in the constitution all along had a brand new meaning that compelled private acts of private property owners. Then the courts have ignored the 1st amendment and dismissed religious beliefs or creeds it doesn't agree with.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:31 PM

108 posts, read 42,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
https://tippahnews.com/2019/09/01/no...gious-beliefs/

So just how far does religious belief go when it comes to the laws of this country?

Venue owner found out that the couple were not of the same race and denied rental of the venue citing her "Christian race, er Christian beliefs".

I was saying that when businesses were told that they could use "religious belief" to refuse service to gays that it would open the door to racists to do the same. Seems that I was right. Either religious belief trumps any and all laws or it doesn't.
Private business AND Mississippi has religious freedom laws. Good for them for standing up for themselves and these whiners who want their 15 minutes of fame should spend their time looking for a different venue.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:33 PM

BTW, racist kooks who own a business that is not an essential service should be allowed to be as racist or homophobic as they choose.

I'd prefer to avoid patronizing such businesses, so allowing tgem to publicly display their hatred makes it very easy for everyone to avoid.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:35 PM

108 posts, read 42,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
First they just wanted to deny the gays; now it's the blacks too.

"Mixed race" - what bigoted tripe.
No its not racist against blacks its not going to use THEIR property to do weddings for homosexual "couples" or mixed couples...so could be hispanic and white or black and white or black and asian etc etc etc. If 2 black folks wanted to get married they would do it.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:39 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
We all knew this was coming.

Surprised it took so long.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
We all knew this was coming.

Surprised it took so long.
Wow, you actually predicted someone was goingvto do something racist?

Can you also tell us if there will be a shark attack somewhere in the future?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:52 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
https://tippahnews.com/2019/09/01/no...gious-beliefs/

So just how far does religious belief go when it comes to the laws of this country?

Venue owner found out that the couple were not of the same race and denied rental of the venue citing her "Christian race, er Christian beliefs".

I was saying that when businesses were told that they could use "religious belief" to refuse service to gays that it would open the door to racists to do the same. Seems that I was right. Either religious belief trumps any and all laws or it doesn't.
From my perspective this is sad. However the hosting venue is a private business. My best bet is for the bride and groom to be to take their dollars and find another venue that wont mind hosting mixed race couples. It would be best for bride and groom to take their money else where. That's what I would do and leave a bad review while I'm at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies