Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 08:23 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
To allow people to separate into fully independent and autonomous jurisdictions. In theory we could turn the 50 states into 50 nations or more, not that is my proposal.
Oh my.

Old 09-03-2019, 08:26 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
https://tippahnews.com/2019/09/01/no...gious-beliefs/

So just how far does religious belief go when it comes to the laws of this country?

Venue owner found out that the couple were not of the same race and denied rental of the venue citing her "Christian race, er Christian beliefs".

I was saying that when businesses were told that they could use "religious belief" to refuse service to gays that it would open the door to racists to do the same. Seems that I was right. Either religious belief trumps any and all laws or it doesn't.
no different than a bakery or a restaurant. Wasn't that a hoot when Sarah Sanders was refused service at a restaurant .... got her good huh ?

Old 09-03-2019, 08:29 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
To allow people to separate into fully independent and autonomous jurisdictions. In theory we could turn the 50 states into 50 nations or more, not that is my proposal.

I would even settle for removals of illegal aliens and real enforcement and to end mass, global immigration. Let the population melt into the "melting pot" for several decades maybe several 100 years. Some groups are never going to melt, that's long obvious.
In thr future, there’s gonna be someone with this mindset, except it’s gonna be how we have too many immigrants from Titan invading Mars and destroying Martian culture..

Old 09-03-2019, 09:58 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Most of America wasn't even segregated at all before the 1960s, and where it was it was often soft, such as services provided in a different section.

The point is diversity, forced association and scapegoating has gone way too far and the only viable solution long term is allowing full separation.
That's a bold face lie and you know it.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/rap-legen...215655030.html

Rap legend and "black influencer" Luther Campbell questions Kamala's marriage to a white man, and wants to make sure she is a "real sister".

Old 09-03-2019, 11:15 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Uh, no. It doesn't work that way.
What doesn't work that way? If you walk into my business and I tell you to leave you have to leave. There is no questions about that.

As for the rest of your post no fooling, you are the second person that is trying to argue my opinion of the law is wrong because it doesn't adhere to the law. LOL

Old 09-03-2019, 11:44 PM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:

I would even settle for removals of illegal aliens and real enforcement and to end mass, global immigration. Let the population melt into the "melting pot" for several decades maybe several 100 years. Some groups are never going to melt, that's long obvious.

Oh, oh my... Let it well out.

Cal-horrors a man and woman want to get married- oh the humanity!!!

Old 09-03-2019, 11:53 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
You weren't aware of the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Sure and what does that have to with my criticism of the law? Once again you are trying to ague my criticism of the law is wrong because it does not adhere to the law.

Quote:
If you really do run a store, as you claim

I don't own a store, I was using it as example. I did however run a business with over 500 customers that I would see once or twice or year. Not many minorities but that was the demographics, some openly gay customers and I'm sure many that weren't open about it. My only concern was the color green.

I'm a live and let live kind of guy. I personally would not do business with anyone that was denying service to someone because of their race, sexuality or whatever.

None of that will change my opinion that a business should be able to discriminate against anyone for any reason with the exception of critical services like utilities.

Quote:
You cannot order someone out of your store because of their race.
I would not need to give someone a reason.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:59 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
As for the rest of your post no fooling, you are the second person that is trying to argue my opinion of the law is wrong because it doesn't adhere to the law. LOL
Maybe if more than one person has commented about your words - perhaps your interpretation is wrong. Did you ever consider that, as opposed to being obstinate?

The law is pretty much crystal clear about public accommodations. I hope that you aren't a lawyer.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:01 AM

19,746 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Sure and what does that have to with my criticism of the law? Once again you are trying to ague my criticism of the law is wrong because it does not adhere to the law.

I don't own a store, I was using it as example. I did however run a business with over 500 customers that I would see once or twice or year. Not many minorities but that was the demographics, some openly gay customers and I'm sure many that weren't open about it. My only concern was the color green.

I'm a live and let live kind of guy. I personally would not do business with anyone that was denying service to someone because of their race, sexuality or whatever.

None of that will change my opinion that a business should be able to discriminate against anyone for any reason with the exception of critical services like utilities.

I would not need to give someone a reason.
Yeah well you can't. A landlord cannot deny someone due to race or other reasons. A bank may not. A taxi may not. A pubic business may not.

Quote:
https://civilrights.uslegal.com/disc...accommodation/

The Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination or segregation in places of public accommodation. Generally, places of public accommodation are businesses or buildings that are open or offer services to the general public. These facilities can be publicly or privately owned and operated. Federal, state and local governments own and operate facilities such as courthouses, jails, hospitals, parks, and other places. They also provide services, programs, or activities including transportation systems and welfare programs. Privately-owned businesses and facilities offer certain goods or services to the public. Food, lodging, gasoline, and entertainment also come under the definition of places of public accommodation.

Section 2000a of Title 42, Chapter 21 of the U.S. Code (42 USC 21) prohibits discrimination or segregation in places of public accommodation. Under this provision, all persons are entitled to full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation without any discrimination or segregation based on race, color, religion, or national origin. Many private establishments serving the public are considered places of public accommodation. Such private places include:

inns, hotels, motels, or other organizations that provide accommodation to temporary visitors
restaurants, cafeterias, lunchrooms, lunch counters, soda fountains, or other facilities providing food for consumption
motion picture houses, theaters, concert halls, sports arenas, stadiums or other places of exhibition or entertainment
So yeah- wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies