Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 08:24 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times

Advertisements

"If you want to know who is truly oppressing you, look to who you can't speak against"

Free speech is and was a good most people cannot afford. But the price you pay depends on who you are and where you stand on the socio economic ladder of things. For example a generic wage slave bringing up the word "unions" in a casual plant conversation will pay steep price as of 2019, and a plant engineer playing with that word around a cooler will be ignored. But there are some things we can't speak against that transcend our income, education and class, no matter who you are you'll pay the price if you spin those things the wrong way. What is your list? My list is rather short.

1. Anything questioning NPR narrative on all things women, racial and sexual minorities will give you headache no matter who you are.

And I am not exactly a rightwinger, yet I find those levels of suppression and forced conformity disturbing.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
No one oppresses me. I speak my mind.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:27 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
"If you want to know who is truly oppressing you, look to who you can't speak against"

Free speech is and was a good most people cannot afford. But the price you pay depends on who you are and where you stand on the socio economic ladder of things. For example a generic wage slave bringing up the word "unions" in a casual plant conversation will pay steep price as of 2019, and a plant engineer playing with that word around a cooler will be ignored. But there are some things we can't speak against that transcend our income, education and class, no matter who you are you'll pay the price if you spin those things the wrong way. What is your list? My list is rather short.

1. Anything questioning NPR narrative on all things women, racial and sexual minorities will give you headache no matter who you are.

And I am not exactly a rightwinger, yet I find those levels of suppression and forced conformity disturbing.
Well then if that was really the case non-whites and Jews are. That was easy lol.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:30 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post

.... all things women, racial and sexual minorities will give you headache....

Yet another thread about white straight male victimhood ^^^

Old 09-02-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No one oppresses me. I speak my mind.
On CD forums? That is a definite option if your mind speaks along the accepted (by who knows whom) lines, anything else - you pay the price. Sure, they do not drag you to Siberia but they'll make sure that some career/job disturbing/ending events will encourage you to think twice the next time (or sign up with CD, but even here there is a price to pay for typing this or that).

Old 09-02-2019, 08:37 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
The two party stranglehold upon our policitical system is oppressing me. Libertarianism speaks to the majority of my ideals yet they are withheld from the major presidential debates.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:44 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
All of those 18 wheelers that clog up the Cross Bronx Expressway.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Yet another thread about white straight male victimhood ^^^
If it is so silly and insignificant why use draconian measures to silence it and shift conversations to the margin? White straight female victimhood is everywhere, it is in your face, you cannot escape it, and yet it's 100% ok with males of all colors. I haven't heard any male demanding blood no matter how outlandish or insane this or that feminist claim is.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
The two party stranglehold upon our policitical system is oppressing me. Libertarianism speaks to the majority of my ideals yet they are withheld from the major presidential debates.
And yet you can type, yell, scream how stupid republicans or democrats are all day long, nobody cares.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:48 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Antifa threatens and oppresses middle of the road people from both parties in Portland, OR.

They need to be rounded up and contained fast. There is no upside to their existence. They are almost at the point of being a domestic terrorist organization.

Saddest part about people in this group is that they are relatively young folk and have been brainwashed by the education system that is currently in place. America has no one else to blame but itself for gross misdirection these sad individuals are following. I hate their existence, but realize at the same time they are victims of the ultra liberal brainwashing schemes orchestrated and played on by people much higher on the food chain (George Soros).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies