Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2019, 06:26 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Only the flavored ones apparently.
what the heck do the unflavored ones taste like?

maybe they could make ones that taste like broccoli to deter the kiddos.
Unflavored ones have no taste at all. I guess this is to keep kids away from them and if it works that's fine, but anyone with half a brain can flavor their own e-cig juice with very little effort or expense. The flavorings are USDA approved food flavorings this will give you an idea of what's available: https://www.lorannoils.com/flavor-fo...1-7-ounce-size

My best friend kicked cigarettes with e-cigs, that was about 10 years ago, long before Juul and the fancy devices were available, most flavorings were tobacco, i.e. Marlboro or Newport but she didn't like that so she bought the basics made her own e-juice and flavored it herself. Her favorite was "cappuccino" Overtime she used less and less nicotine until she quit altogether. It was remarkable because she was one of those people who I figured would be smoking while she was on oxygen if she lived that long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
vaping has been medically found to be just as bad or worse than real cigarettes
That's just not true. https://www.theguardian.com/society/...health-england

Old 09-11-2019, 06:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually all americans should be concerned with ALL violence, and the mental issues associated with

a guy gets cut off in traffic..road rage ensues ..takes a tire iron to the guy who cut him off....should we ban vehicles..or tire irons

the issue is not guns...it is the mental health of americans and their tendency towards violence
One of the bests posts I have read in a while.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
There is basically no oversight so some kind of tainted supply is probably the most likely case.
Yes, most have been linked to black market THC vape cartridges which have been found to have vitamin-D acetate in them. Only one case has been linked to vape cartridges bought at licensed dispensaries.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/heal...ral-labs-show/

Old 09-11-2019, 06:41 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
I think the cause of the recent deaths is probably due to ingredients that are assumed to be benign. Vapor is essentially aresolised vegetable glycerin, which is probably harming the lungs in some type of way from over use.

Since it's widely believed to be totally harmless, people are overdoing it.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
Me reading 70% of your posts on this thread. But ok, I expected the percentage to be even higher.

1. It is not smoking. It is vaping. Smoking implies a combustible product. Nothing is combustible in vaping.

2. It is not tobacco. What you probably think by that is nicotine. However, you can vape e-liquid without any nicotine if you choose so. By the way that is exactly what I am doing while writing this.

3. Vaping itself has caused 0 deaths so far. What caused these 6 deaths was street THC with with who knows what else mixed in.

4. You will never hear the end of your overlords lying about it, of course, because killing the vaping industry is the best way to keep big tobacco, big pharma and big tax satisfied. The fact that vaping is saving many smokers doesn't matter to them.
Health officials have said there is not one type.....where are you reading it was all THC that killed.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:46 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Vaping is probably safer than smoking, but still bad for you.
Just read the vita e or something is what is causing so much damage to the lungs - it’s a new fad n something is very wrong /

Old 09-11-2019, 06:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Just read the vita e or something is what is causing so much damage to the lungs - it’s a new fad n something is very wrong /
That is one theory that the Vitamin E oil used to 'thicken' the vape....is causing the damage.

But nothing has been proven.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:09 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
If you want to vape and wind up killing yourself , well it is your choice..if it is that enjoyable and you don't mind dying from it take that chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies