Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 05:01 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,483,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
The fact that 30'000+ people are killed each year by a gun is shameful, that's the issue that everybody seems desperately trying to 'avoid', 30'000 is a LOT of people, in EVERY other first world country on the planet a statistic like that would drive the government in to action, the people would demand some action, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of peoples lives affected here, burying your head in the sand and shouting second amendment isn't going to solve this problem (and yes its a BIG problem) how can people be so bloody stupid! if you are happy for the US to be compared with Iraq or Afghanistan then I really don't know what to say.
Name one person who was killed by a gun without a human making the decision to aim the gun and pull the trigger.

Last edited by lifeexplorer; 09-05-2019 at 05:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 05:41 AM

14,813 posts, read 11,922,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Name one person who was killed by a gun without a human making the decision to aim the gun and pull the trigger.
And the relevance of this is.................what exactly? Does the fact that guns are inanimate objects change the fact that 30'000+ is a shamefully huge number of people losing their lives because they have been shot?? Or are you still just trying to hide from this fact? Lets get back to the actual question here - why does the US have a MASSIVE amount of people shot to death compared to other first world countries? Or are we seriously supposed to compare the US with places such as Afghanistan and Iraq!? The answer is 'bleedin obvious' to everybody on this planet except it seems 'some' Americans themselves! I don't think that 'some' people in the US are really that stupid - I think its more to do with the brainwashing they suffer from childhood about 'freedom' and 'amendments' and all that bollox!

Old 09-05-2019, 05:48 AM

34,149 posts, read 18,417,650 times
Quote:
And the relevance of this is.................what exactly? Does the fact that guns are inanimate objects change the fact that 30'000+ is a shamefully huge number of people losing their lives because they have been shot?? Or are you still just trying to hide from this fact? Lets get back to the actual question here - why does the US have a MASSIVE amount of people shot to death compared to other first world countries? Or are we seriously supposed to compare the US with places such as Afghanistan and Iraq!? The answer is 'bleedin obvious' to everybody on this planet except it seems 'some' Americans themselves! I don't think that 'some' people in the US are really that stupid - I think its more to do with the brainwashing they suffer from childhood about 'freedom' and 'amendments' and all that bollox!
That 30,000 number is misleading as 16,000 of them are SUICIDES, the rest are inner city Black on Black murder mostly committed by previously convicted FELONS. Yet you continue to ignore those fact purely to disarm the Law Abiding because you irrationally just don't like guns. We are not giving into your scheme.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:50 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,938,221 times
I don't drink or use alcohol.

Alcohol does no one any good and serves no good purpose and kills thousands yearly. Thus it should be banned 100%.

Because I have no use for alcohol and it kills thousands, I believe I should take away your right to use it.

Correct?

Old 09-05-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I don't drink or use alcohol.

Alcohol does no one any good and serves no good purpose and kills thousands yearly. Thus it should be banned 100%.

Because I have no use for alcohol and it kills thousands, I believe I should take away your right to use it.

Correct?
What the feck has alcohol got to do with anything! Now lets talk about the subject matter here...guns - perhaps you can tell me why the US has a MASSIVELY higher percentage of gun deaths than any other first world country on the planet, cmon what say you? Why is it such a HUGE difference................what do you think the reason is, have a think, its really not that hard.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:57 AM

15,048 posts, read 10,015,741 times
sex, guns, and alcohol.... this thread sounds like a party that one gets a medal for surviving.

One thing the premise of the thread has ignored is that vehicular deaths involving drunk driving have steadily declined since the 1920s in part due to education, regulation, vehicle safety standards, and stiffer fines/penalties. So in essence this thread is an argument for regulation of guns via gun control.

Also, Walmart is a private business. They can decide to sell whatever they want.... criticism of that is anti-business which is also counter to the conservative platform.

If your discussion/debate stance is built solely on an analogy, it is weak and not worth really discussing. The originator is not putting forth effort in the opening and is essentially trolling. One's argument should stand on its own at least initially.

Last edited by usayit; 09-05-2019 at 06:08 AM..

Old 09-05-2019, 06:39 AM

46,178 posts, read 26,897,828 times
Quote:
The fact that 30'000+ people are killed each year by a gun is shameful, that's the issue that everybody seems desperately trying to 'avoid', 30'000 is a LOT of people, in EVERY other first world country on the planet a statistic like that would drive the government in to action, the people would demand some action, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of peoples lives affected here, burying your head in the sand and shouting second amendment isn't going to solve this problem (and yes its a BIG problem) how can people be so bloody stupid! if you are happy for the US to be compared with Iraq or Afghanistan then I really don't know what to say.

More than half are suicides.....so, no it would not drive anything....

Yes, bloody stupid is correct, what laws would have stopped the killing of those 11 children killed in drive by shootings in 2 months in St. Louis? Be specific....

Again, bloody stupid is trying to regulate something that does (taken your 30K) number and dividing it by the amount of actual killing it does is complete stupidity....

.03% are killed by the mean old nasty rifle....yes, you head is in the sand....

Old 09-05-2019, 06:41 AM

46,178 posts, read 26,897,828 times
Quote:

Quote:
And the relevance of this is.................what exactly?

^^^what a non-answer.....

Old 09-05-2019, 06:54 AM

11,410 posts, read 7,745,221 times
Quote:
Every small child who unintentionally killed themselves or another while playing with a gun.

Or do you contend two year olds know how to aim and intentionally pull the trigger??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3032060002

Old 09-05-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
^^^what a non-answer.....
I'm not the one with the 'non-answers'....my question - why does the US have 60 times more gun deaths than any other first world nation? Instead of actually answering the question people talk about booze, cars, suicide, race, stars in the feckin sky - you name it people speak about anything BUT the answer to the question, the reason why they do is as obvious as the answer itself really. Its a bit like arguing with a North Korean about Kim jon un (or whatever he's called), they are too 'blinded' by years of brainwashing to make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies