U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:43 AM

27,200 posts, read 11,432,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Read the article. Evidence existed, some of which Jones was caught destroying.
Again you didn't read it and offered no explanation. Read it yourself

Quote:
Next deflection?
Holding you accountable while you deflected for time so you could have someone explain that article to youperhaps.

lol The best part about your comments when responding to me is that you still haven't read the article. Your responses are completely incorrect. You are saying something that didn't happen in this recent ruling, according to that article anyway.

I'll explain it to you in a bit. I want to laugh first.

Go ahead and read the article and THEN tell us what it is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:46 AM

2,205 posts, read 466,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Again you didn't read it and offered no explanation. Read it yourself

Holding you accountable while you deflected for time so you could have someone explain that article to youperhaps.

lol The best part about your comments when responding to me is that you still haven't read the article. Your responses are completely incorrect. You are saying something that didn't happen in this recent ruling, according to that article anyway.

I'll explain it to you in a bit. I want to laugh first.
If there’s anything you right-wingers are good at, it’s projection.

Provide evidence that Jones did not commit said act. I’ll wait.

Old Today, 01:48 AM

Quote:
If there’s anything you right-wingers are good at, it’s projection.
read much?

Quote:
Provide evidence that Jones did not commit said act. I’ll wait.
lol This isn't about that. That you continue on this course is laughable.

You had your chance.

The article clearly states
"Infowars’ efforts to delete content relevant to his case had hampered his ability to respond to Infowars’ motion to dismiss,"

This was about discovery. lol

another for you

"Lawyers for Infowars argued that because defendants had appeared in court regarding their motion to dismiss, they were not required to comply with the discovery process,"

get it yet? It's about discovery and not about whether he enticed anyone. lmao You never read the article yet commented. ah well

Old Today, 01:54 AM

2,205 posts, read 466,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You had your chance.

The article clearly staees
"Infowars’ efforts to delete content relevant to his case had hampered his ability to respond to Infowars’ motion to dismiss,"

This was about discovery. lol

another for you

"Lawyers for Infowars argued that because defendants had appeared in court regarding their motion to dismiss, they were not required to comply with the discovery process,"

get it yet? lmao You never read the article yet commented. ah well
You're funny.

Jones filed an appeal on the grounds that the cases was frivolous, and subsequently destroyed evidence in an attempt to weaken Heslin’s response. The Judge agreed that the evidence was relevant to the case, and that the lawsuit was not frivolous, as evidence existed proving so.

Quote:
However, the judge hearing the case agreed with Heslin that Infowars’ efforts to delete content relevant to his case had hampered his ability to respond to Infowars’ motion to dismiss...
Where’s your evidence that proves Jones didn’t commit said act; I’m still waiting, and you keep deflecting.

Old Today, 01:59 AM

1,960 posts, read 3,828,400 times
It is a procedural ruling, but important nonetheless since one defense Jones tried to assert was based on a Texas law aimed at discouraging frivolous lawsuits. The discovery abuses sound pretty bad, though, and certainly won't help Jones' case in the next stage.

I am glad the court ruled Jones had to pay for all the costs related to the appeal. The article indicates Jones' defense was evading discovery and not willing to address the merits of the claim. When you see that, you have to think they know the merits of their defense are pretty weak. The elements of defamation crtainly seem to be present here.

Old Today, 02:09 AM

5,546 posts, read 3,118,371 times
As mentioned before, the harassment visited upon these families by Alex Jones's sycophants is despicable. They've been forced to move several times due to death threats. They can't visit their own children's graves without being followed. Some have committed suicide. It's terrible.

All so that Alex Jones could make a buck peddling his hoax theories.

Old Today, 02:16 AM

1,960 posts, read 3,828,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
As mentioned before, the harassment visited upon these families by Alex Jones's sycophants is despicable. They've been forced to move several times due to death threats. They can't visit their own children's graves without being followed. Some have committed suicide. It's terrible.

All so that Alex Jones could make a buck peddling his hoax theories.
I completely agree, and if he is found liable I am sure (I certainly hope) that figures into the damages.

Old Today, 02:47 AM

Quote:
You're funny.
You're lost.

Quote:
Jones filed an appeal on the grounds that the cases was frivolous, and subsequently destroyed evidence in an attempt to weaken Heslin’s response. The Judge agreed that the evidence was relevant to the case, and that the lawsuit was not frivolous, as evidence existed proving so.
Agreed. Which is about discovery and has nothing to do with the lawsuit. It's about Jones wanting a dismissal in order to not pay lawyers fees. Again this particular case was about discovery and not about the actual merits of whether Jones slandered.

Quote:
Where’s your evidence that proves Jones didn’t commit said act; I’m still waiting, and you keep deflecting.
Quit deflecting. Our discussion is not about that and the only reason you are bring it up is to save face. I'm still waiting. Admit it, you were wrong.

Old Today, 02:53 AM

2,789 posts, read 1,999,094 times
Whatever happens with Alex Jones, he will never feel the pain he helped cause to these parents.
All due to the almighty buck. I hope he loses his shirt.

Old Today, 03:28 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,842,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
He should have to pay. I hope he learned something from this, but probably not.

Having said that, CNN should have to pay for wasting the American people's time with the fake Russia crap, and trying to start a race war. They shouldn't not even be allowed on the air. Disgusting for what passes for news these days. Our mass media puppet masters are nothing more than a freak show, and outright propaganda at best. Alex Jones fits right in with that hot mess of perpetual disinformation.
Trump got help from Russia and there was nothing fake about it. You did read the Mueller report didn`t you? You want CNN to give you money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies