U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:26 AM

12,362 posts, read 4,217,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
"Made to retire"? Who is forced into retirement anymore? Has to be a minority, I would think. My company doesn't have a mandatory retirement age, as an example.
Most countries have a mandatory retirement age, especially in the case of public servants.

It's usually between 65 and 67.

You wouldn't see a General in his 70's in most modern countries, so why should the leader of a country be in their 70's.

Undemocratic countries such as the Soviet Union used to wheel their old leaders out to watch the May Day parades, and it was a rather pathetic sight even back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:31 AM

8,972 posts, read 10,996,794 times
Blood vessel breaking in an eye isn't uncommon and hardly much to discuss. LOL. T's whole face looks like a hot tamale many days, now that is more worrying.

Old Today, 09:38 AM

9,452 posts, read 8,116,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Most countries have a mandatory retirement age, especially in the case of public servants.

It's usually between 65 and 67.

You wouldn't see a General in his 70's in most modern countries, so why should you see the leader of a country.

Well, we're not talking about "most countries", we're talking about the USA.

Mandatory retirement ages for military officers increase with rank. If you think about the difference in physical requirements between military officers and the POTUS, with regards to effectively performing their job, you'll see why this is not an apt comparison. Add to that the built-in "hiring process" every 4 years for a President and mandatory retirement becomes even less important.

Now, if you want to talk about mandatory retirement age for lifetime appointees and positions without term limits, I'm with you there.

Old Today, 09:43 AM

29,011 posts, read 15,728,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Really? Fake news from the Washington Examiner?
Video not enough for you?

Old Today, 09:52 AM
Status: "beware: jokes about biden are against the TOS" (set 15 days ago)

1,009 posts, read 187,437 times
demonic

Old Today, 09:56 AM

21,842 posts, read 11,283,848 times
High blood pressure or blood thinners... looks like Biden isn't doing too well in the health department.

Old Today, 11:05 AM

842 posts, read 409,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Sad, but happens to all of us eventually.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hillary reconsider a run now that Biden's mind is starting to deteriorate. Otherwise it's all unelectable progressives who want to take your healthcare away.
I guess you haven’t seen recent recent photos of HRC.

Old Today, 11:19 AM

3,001 posts, read 971,400 times
So did this eye issue happen during the show? All vids I've seen so far only start with his eye looking like that. I've not seen any footage of the same show where it's not like that.

The guy's going to croak any day now. For that reason I'm sure all the female demolibs running for president will try and at least be his running mate after being eliminated from the pool. Because when he croaks, that will make them automatically the first female President in American history. Hillary is getting the knee pads ready for when she begs him to choose her as his running mate.

Old Today, 11:53 AM

3,323 posts, read 2,129,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
So did this eye issue happen during the show? All vids I've seen so far only start with his eye looking like that. I've not seen any footage of the same show where it's not like that.

The guy's going to croak any day now. For that reason I'm sure all the female demolibs running for president will try and at least be his running mate after being eliminated from the pool. Because when he croaks, that will make them automatically the first female President in American history. Hillary is getting the knee pads ready for when she begs him to choose her as his running mate.

The Clintons may have Biden arkancided if this keeps up.

Old Today, 11:55 AM

2,326 posts, read 881,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He had 2 brain aneurysms when he was a Senator. If he's the Democrat pick, better look very carefully at his running mate.
He will have hillary, or Kamala as his running mate. Then if he gets elected, they will take him out under the 25th amendment, or he resigns due to health so hillary or kamala will be president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies