U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM

12,729 posts, read 3,436,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Exactly.
No, not 'Exactly'.

In fact, not at all.

It doesn't sound as though you read any post on the thread except the post you replied to.

Rep. Crenshaw didn't imply that any of his friends couldn't pass a background check.

That 'couldn't pass a background check' is all in AOC's head....her ignorant assumption.

Quote:
Speaking as someone who deals in tragedies - I cannot imagine being dumb enough to loan a gun to ANYONE. Should ANYTHING untoward happen; you could be on the hook as well.

Nope. Just dumb.
Just because you don't trust your friends enough doesn't mean Rep. Crenshaw shouldn't.

You don't know any of his friends, nor the depth of their relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

1,593 posts, read 1,390,039 times
Default Let's see if see gets re-elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

To show how little voters care about politicians.

Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM

2,871 posts, read 4,560,642 times
haha!!! I don't know why anyone would expect anything less from her. She's an idiot.

Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

20,202 posts, read 14,949,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Starting to really like Crenshaw!
American Hero vs. American hating Leftist? Hmm. who should I believe

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
American Hero vs. American hating Leftist? Hmm. who should I believe
And she can't claim he lacks education, life experience, or overcoming adversity.

His mother died of cancer when he was ten. He lost an eye serving our country. He was born in Scotland (to Americans). He went to high school in South America (Columbia). He made it through the training and became, and served as, a Navy SEAL. And he earned a Masters from Harvard.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

20,202 posts, read 14,949,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
And she can't claim he lacks education, life experience, or overcoming adversity.

His mother died of cancer when he was ten. He lost an eye serving our country. He was born in Scotland (to Americans). He went to high school in South America (Columbia). He made it through the training and became, and served as, a Navy SEAL. And he earned a Masters from Harvard.

Harvard, a Seal, worldly. Sounds like Presidential material to me
To our ever increasing Leftist Democrats he just an Evil Republican.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

1,248 posts, read 224,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What is the problem with what AOC said, you agree that the weapons should not be loaned out, people who fail background checks are likely to have abused their spouse or have a violent criminal record. If your application of the word likely is, one of the top reasons why people fail the background check. If I told you here are the statistically top 10 reasons why people fail a NICS, and domestic abuse conviction or restraining order due to domestic violence are literally 1 and 3 on the list, wouldn't the statement "likely to have committed domestic abuse" seem reasonable.
I think she takes a leap assuming that because he lends his gun to a friend its because that friend cant pass a background check, although being that texas does not have any waiting periods, his friends could have just bought one just as easily.
Issue is the assumption that the person would Fail a background check. The instant the assumption was made that the person must be a danger to others or a criminal the message AOC was delivering was lost. You have to make several assumptions to get to that point and skip over several plausible reasons why someone would not own a gun, but feel like they need one temporarily.

I think we agree with the sentiment as I think it’s nuts to give someone your registered gun to use with no training. But there is a way to deliver that message of concern without coming across as just a big city liberal on and on and on. If AOC wants to go beyond NYC politics she will need to learn how to deliver a message better, that’s all.

It would also help if politicians on both sides stop using Twitter to blurt our a comment without thinking every five min. These guys need to slow down and think about what they are putting out there. Including the Tweeter in Chief Trump.

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

7,544 posts, read 4,306,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm a little confused about this. Did Crenshaw say he lent guns to folks who cannot pass background checks? I'm not sure he stated that.
No, he did not say that.
They lie.

Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM

9,837 posts, read 7,449,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Issue is the assumption that the person would Fail a background check. The instant the assumption was made that the person must be a danger to others or a criminal the message AOC was delivering was lost. You have to make several assumptions to get to that point and skip over several plausible reasons why someone would not own a gun, but feel like they need one temporarily.

I think we agree with the sentiment as I think it’s nuts to give someone your registered gun to use with no training. But there is a way to deliver that message of concern without coming across as just a big city liberal on and on and on. If AOC wants to go beyond NYC politics she will need to learn how to deliver a message better, that’s all.

It would also help if politicians on both sides stop using Twitter to blurt our a comment without thinking every five min. These guys need to slow down and think about what they are putting out there. Including the Tweeter in Chief Trump.
well said!

Old Today, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Harvard, a Seal, worldly. Sounds like Presidential material to me
To our ever increasing Leftist Democrats he just an Evil Republican.
If he ever did decide to run for President, there might be another brouhaha over the meaning of ‘natural born citizen’ but, off the top of my head re my knowledge about him, there wouldn’t be a problem. Ted Cruz was deemed eligible. When Cruz was born outside the U.S. he had one American parent, and my under standing is that both of Crenshaw’s parents are Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies