Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 06:55 PM

6,526 posts, read 6,675,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Surprised any of the coup supporters are still mentioning Mueller's name.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/26...tigation-sham/
Yup....very concise article that lays out in simple language what a fraud the Russia, Russia nonsense was/is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 06:56 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,095,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Please

"With universal background checks, I wouldn’t be able to let my friends borrow my handgun when they travel alone like this."

You should not be able to just borrow someone's gun. Snowflakes can get their own guns with their own background check.
she managed to take a readily objectionable quote from him and **** up free ice cream by going loco on it.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:57 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,479,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
This. AOC may have given a 'dingbat response', but the dingbattery started off with Crenshaw implying he lends out his guns to folk who can't pass background checks.
I'm a little confused about this. Did Crenshaw say he lent guns to folks who cannot pass background checks? I'm not sure he stated that.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:11 AM

32,902 posts, read 12,161,503 times
Quote:
Please

"With universal background checks, I wouldn’t be able to let my friends borrow my handgun when they travel alone like this."

You should not be able to just borrow someone's gun. Snowflakes can get their own guns with their own background check.
That's your opinion. Fortunately you have one vote plus any influence you can muster in your spare time.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Both are stupid and part of the reason this country will fall behind Asian countries this century. The story that Crenshaw and AOC were talking about had nothing to do with loaning guns. Both perverted the story and took it from a "Self-Defense and personal gun ownership question" to a "Gun Control" conversation. Crenshaw nor AOC got it right.

1) Crenshaw, I wouldn't give a gun to a friend that is licensed to me. It is irresponsible to just hand a gun to someone without any training, and I as the owner am responsible per the law for providing that gun if used illegally. At best you can offer a ride to the gun store, even give the cash for one (buy as a gift if generous), but giving it to someone is stupid unless your willing to take the risk and I just wont do it. A used gun is not that expensive and if it means that much to you, personally train them too.

2) AOC, what the heck are talking about? It is clear you don't understand what its like to live in areas outside of NYC and rural areas or large sprawling cities like Houston with longer than expected police response times in certain areas (not a dig at cops, rural areas are hard to cover quickly sometimes).

I'm not impressed with either of them.
Which media market do you live in ?

Old 09-06-2019, 06:15 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,463,872 times
Quote:
Please

Constitution says otherwise.

You must really dispise freedom.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
From your link:

I would never lend out my Dad's Officer's Colt even to my best friend. It takes time out on the range to become competent with a weapon.
What you would do re your best friend is irrelevant re Rep. Crenshaw and his friends.

Your best friend isn't one of his friends.

Quote:
A gun in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it can be worse than useless.
Just because your best friend doesn't know how to use a gun, doesn't mean that is true of Rep. Crenshaw's friends. He's a retired Navy SEAL, and his district is close to mine. It's not a stretch that most of his friends might be comfortable with guns. Obviously, when he's in the DC area he has to abide by whatever regulations might apply that might not apply in Texas, and there is no indication that Rep. Crenshaw would fail to do that.

Quote:
If a woman (or ANYONE) feels the need to travel with a handgun, she'll go down to her local gun dealer and buy one and then put in the time required to use it well should the need arise.If someone doesn't want to make an effort to be a responsible gun owner, then buy bear spray. That stuff works like a charm.
Just because someone doesn't currently own a handgun doesn't mean he/she isn't proficient in the use of one.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
This.

“You are a member of Congress. Why are you ‘lending’ guns to people unsupervised who can’t pass a basic background check? "

No ****, Sherlock.
Except there's no indication that any of Rep. Crenshaw's friends can't bass a background check. That is just AOC's ignorant assumption.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
She is referring to people who would fail a basic background check.
The pertinent parties in the Tweet she was replying to were Rep. Crenshaw's friends. Why (in a Tweet reply) make the ignorant assumption that any of Rep. Crenshaw's friends wouldn't be able to pass a background check ?

Old 09-06-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What is the problem with what AOC said, you agree that the weapons should not be loaned out, people who fail background checks are likely to have abused their spouse or have a violent criminal record. If your application of the word likely is, one of the top reasons why people fail the background check. If I told you here are the statistically top 10 reasons why people fail a NICS, and domestic abuse conviction or restraining order due to domestic violence are literally 1 and 3 on the list, wouldn't the statement "likely to have committed domestic abuse" seem reasonable.
I think she takes a leap assuming that because he lends his gun to a friend its because that friend cant pass a background check, although being that texas does not have any waiting periods, his friends could have just bought one just as easily.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies