U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM

12,700 posts, read 3,430,313 times

Advertisements

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/09...ide-nyc-815622
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM

20,196 posts, read 14,945,678 times
AOC in all her brilliant said:

"The people you’re giving a gun to have likely abused their spouse or have a violent criminal record"

Maybe in her family "likely abused their spouse"

Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM

5,529 posts, read 3,118,371 times
Is that Solidus Snake? Or Big Boss?

Old Yesterday, 01:14 AM

12,700 posts, read 3,430,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

"The people you’re giving a gun to have likely abused their spouse or have a violent criminal record"

And 'the people', in the context of that Twitter exchange, are Rep. Crenshaw's friends.

Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM

15,125 posts, read 12,518,842 times
She’s so retarded.

Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM

12,908 posts, read 14,179,189 times
We don't need any more reminders of this woman's intellectual deficit. If Biden selected her as his running mate, I think America would, collectively, lose it's mind over the hourly gaffes and moronic statements.

Trump is not perfect, but you usually have a good idea of what he is trying to say. He also has the media machine hounding him relentlessly. So any stupid thing he does or says is going to be reported on extensively. Biden can get away with saying the stupidest of things, and it's treated like it's as normal as the sun rising in the morning. AOC fills our world with laughter every time she opens her mouth and speaks, but no one bats an eye. But heaven forbid Trump misspell something when he tweets.

One thing you should all take into consideration... Trump has no handlers. But people like AOC have handles, and tons of money coming their way to control their image, what they say, how they come across to the American public... And look at how much stupid stuff still escapes the filters. Democrats really have a dilemma on their hands with the freak show candidates that are rising up. AOC won't be the last. She will inspire even more idiotic democrats to take political action. And America will react by rejecting the democratic party in it's entirety, for spawning such a mess.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

5,338 posts, read 1,057,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

She should have said ""The people you’re giving a gun to could range from law-abiding citizens to people who have likely abused their spouse or have a violent criminal record".

Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM

13,245 posts, read 10,186,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Please

"With universal background checks, I wouldn’t be able to let my friends borrow my handgun when they travel alone like this."

You should not be able to just borrow someone's gun. Snowflakes can get their own guns with their own background check.

Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM

1,241 posts, read 222,865 times
Both are stupid and part of the reason this country will fall behind Asian countries this century. The story that Crenshaw and AOC were talking about had nothing to do with loaning guns. Both perverted the story and took it from a "Self-Defense and personal gun ownership question" to a "Gun Control" conversation. Crenshaw nor AOC got it right.

1) Crenshaw, I wouldn't give a gun to a friend that is licensed to me. It is irresponsible to just hand a gun to someone without any training, and I as the owner am responsible per the law for providing that gun if used illegally. At best you can offer a ride to the gun store, even give the cash for one (buy as a gift if generous), but giving it to someone is stupid unless your willing to take the risk and I just wont do it. A used gun is not that expensive and if it means that much to you, personally train them too.

2) AOC, what the heck are talking about? It is clear you don't understand what its like to live in areas outside of NYC and rural areas or large sprawling cities like Houston with longer than expected police response times in certain areas (not a dig at cops, rural areas are hard to cover quickly sometimes).

I'm not impressed with either of them.

Last edited by Daryl_G; Yesterday at 10:35 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM

4,906 posts, read 4,473,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
From your link:

Quote:
Responding to a story about a woman defending herself with a gun from five robbers, Crenshaw tweeted, “Situations like this story are why we protect the 2nd Amendment. Side note: With universal background checks, I wouldn’t be able to let my friends borrow my handgun when they travel alone like this. We would make felons out of people just for defending themselves.”

— Dan Crenshaw (@DanCrenshawTX) September 4, 2019

AOC then stepped in and made a truly bizarre statement which made it clear that she is totally disconnected from reality and has some sort of leftist filter that words go through before they reach her brain.

“You are a member of Congress. Why are you ‘lending’ guns to people unsupervised who can’t pass a basic background check? The people you’re giving a gun to have likely abused their spouse or have a violent criminal record, & you may not know it. Why on earth would you do that?” she tweeted to Crenshaw.
I would never lend out my Dad's Officer's Colt even to my best friend. It takes time out on the range to become competent with a weapon. A gun in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it can be worse than useless. If a woman (or ANYONE) feels the need to travel with a handgun, she'll go down to her local gun dealer and buy one and then put in the time required to use it well should the need arise.

If someone doesn't want to make an effort to be a responsible gun owner, then buy bear spray. That stuff works like a charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies