U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2019, 12:33 PM
 
18,100 posts, read 20,111,147 times
Reputation: 7654

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The denialist movement is the religion.

The sad thing is they are denying science to protect the fossil fuel industry, which itself no longer denies the science.
I could give a rats arse about the fossil fuel companies... I just don't like fake science....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-06-2019, 01:08 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ☀️ ♥ 🍁 ♥ ☀️
7,759 posts, read 6,904,984 times
Reputation: 15540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And Yet we’re going to spend trillions and lower our standard of living over a hoax!

Quote:


.... realclearenergy.com is reporting that there has been “no increase in average temperatures in the continental United States over the last 14 years”,.....
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...ata-locations/

Okie dokie then. So who is realclearenergy.com and what are their credentials and credibility and where did they get their information from?

And what does any of this stuff about heat monitoring stations in USA have to do with GLOBAL warming?
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 01:39 PM
 
25,502 posts, read 12,494,728 times
Reputation: 11002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
It's painful watching people pretend that they are climate experts because they read denier blogs.

I mean, the obvious counter to this is that it has no bearing whatsoever on satellite atmospheric data, which continue to show higher and higher temperatures across the board. Also, a meteorologist is not a climate expert. They have some similarities, but are actually very different fields of study. Also, a good, science-based study on land-based temperatures could easily take into account any potential inaccurate thermometer calibrations. This guy seems clueless.

The illiterate thugs are going to kill us all.
So you read pro AGW stuff and now you claim you are so much smarter than anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
31,312 posts, read 32,197,223 times
Reputation: 12817
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I could give a rats arse about the fossil fuel companies... I just don't like fake science....
Really? Do you have the expertise to decide which science is fake and which is genuine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-06-2019, 05:38 PM
 
1,705 posts, read 378,874 times
Reputation: 1797
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Denying science is not rational.
Denying public evidence because you don't like the outcome is typical for a leftist, AtlJussieSmollett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2019, 03:53 PM
 
6,027 posts, read 3,256,038 times
Reputation: 3512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Denying public evidence because you don't like the outcome is typical for a leftist, AtlJussieSmollett.
Was this public evidence peer reviewed? And it doesn’t count of the reviewer has a degree in ‘Google Search’..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2019, 06:33 AM
 
20,072 posts, read 12,624,022 times
Reputation: 11249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Interesting. I don't believe you. I think we smack our heads too much. Yes.
That is fine if you don't believe me, as it is the truth and having some random person doubt me is of little concern. Having formal training in bench science is quite helpful, as one can dissect the methods and statistics of a publication. Novices (even in science) read the abstract and maybe the discussion section of a paper and assume it was a "good study". Laymen (like the AGW crowd) don't have a clue as to what constitutes a valid scientific publication.


I find it odd that people think being a physician (and one has done quite a bit of research) is remarkable and something that is hard to believe. There are like 800,000 docs in the country, so it is not like we are rare. I don't know the percentage who have conducted bench research and published, but I assume it is probably 1/10th that number.


All it takes is hard work and a ton of time. My daughter is experiencing the same thing as a third year medical student. My brother, sister, sister in law, and brother in law all went through the same thing as well, so she has people to commiserate with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2019, 07:01 AM
 
10,576 posts, read 7,101,922 times
Reputation: 4393
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And Yet we’re going to spend trillions and lower our standard of living over a hoax!







https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...ata-locations/
Sounds like someone trying to get out of a speeding ticket by going to court and challenging the accuracy of radar guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:59 AM
 
691 posts, read 198,877 times
Reputation: 621

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-CxkCtSnLU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Long Island
34,664 posts, read 14,536,595 times
Reputation: 7466
I just knew this would be from Anthony Watt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top