U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 12:37 PM

7,782 posts, read 4,436,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is such and a grievous sin , Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.
That was actually for mob violence and gang rape of unwelcome visitors. And a lack of charity. The angels were sent there to begin with because Lot's daughter was giving bread to the poor and sentenced to death for it.
https://www.reconstructingjudaism.or...m-and-gomorrah
Which is more consistent with the rest of the Bible? Destroying a city because of its treatment of the poor and outsiders? Or because of 'homosexuality'?

The corruption of the religious right is so obvious. They harp on every sin except for their own greed. Which Jesus was quite vocal about. He spoke more about money/greed than any other topic.

No thoughts on the rest of the post?

Last edited by notnamed; 09-09-2019 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 12:43 PM

30,953 posts, read 15,909,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongobongo View Post
It's more a matter of can't be fixed than needing to be fixed.
I'd argue both.

Yes, it can't be "fixed", but it also doesn't need to be "fixed".

"Fixing" something implies there is a problem, and I don't personally find any problems with people being homosexual. If they are happy with themselves and their lives, I think that's terrific.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:16 PM

21,860 posts, read 11,300,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd argue both.

Yes, it can't be "fixed", but it also doesn't need to be "fixed".

"Fixing" something implies there is a problem, and I don't personally find any problems with people being homosexual. If they are happy with themselves and their lives, I think that's terrific.
They will never be happy. They follow Satan.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:20 PM

21,860 posts, read 11,300,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
That was actually for mob violence and gang rape of unwelcome visitors. And a lack of charity. The angels were sent there to begin with because Lot's daughter was giving bread to the poor and sentenced to death for it.
https://www.reconstructingjudaism.or...m-and-gomorrah
Which is more consistent with the rest of the Bible? Destroying a city because of its treatment of the poor and outsiders? Or because of 'homosexuality'?

The corruption of the religious right is so obvious. They harp on every sin except for their own greed. Which Jesus was quite vocal about. He spoke more about money/greed than any other topic.

No thoughts on the rest of the post?
It is unatural. Sodomy is named for the vile lust that the Sodomites were engaged in. It was evil and the thoughts of them were continuously evil.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:22 PM

7,782 posts, read 4,436,796 times
Quote:
It is unatural. Sodomy is named for the vile lust that the Sodomites were engaged in. It was evil and the thoughts of them were continuously evil.
It's obvious you'll just discard any counter point. So I'll just urge you to do some more Bible study.

Check out Ezekiel 16:49
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
KJV
Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
ESV
Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.
NLT
Sodom’s sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door.

Last edited by notnamed; 09-09-2019 at 02:39 PM..

Old 09-09-2019, 01:43 PM

3,341 posts, read 1,915,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Nor should we condemn someone who is gay but doesn't want to be. Methods of "conversion therapy" may not be effective now but that doesn't mean they won't be in the future, especially when the genetics and hormonal influences are worked out. And it may well become possible to prevent people from being born with the tendency to become gay.
You can't choose who you're attracted to. Believe me I would have already done it if that was the case. The only choice you really have is to act on it or not but the desire will always be there.
They shouldn't be ashamed to be gay though. In general it doesn't change anything. You just simply are attracted to a person of the same gender. There's only two ways that I can see why they'd have a problem with it: they're bullied or they want children. The former it's not about you being gay it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the person bullying so any sort of difference they can use to build themselves up they will. If they want children then there are ways. Sure it makes having children of your own DNA more difficult but it's not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
There is no god and your fantasy doesn’t control my life. End of story.
I'm an agnostic theist so I don't entirely agree with you but yeah. My eyes glazeth over. They lost me at the word sin.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:11 PM

30,953 posts, read 15,909,882 times
Quote:
They will never be happy. They follow Satan.
Other than Paul very briefly touching on homosexuality in Romans, I don't think homosexuality is really covered much in the NT.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:40 PM

13,250 posts, read 13,672,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No, I support freedom.

Do you believe the government should allocate who should be your friend in order to ensure you are not discriminating?

If not, which races are you personally trying to avoid?
What? I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here. My point is that if you think gays shouldn't be discriminated against, why do you think it's fine for those that you support to make it policy to allow it? You're talking out both sides of your ***. You're no friend of gay people.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
You are delusional. Because in western countries this is becoming accepted, you think this is global ? Eastern Europe absolutely refuses to tolerate it. Africa sent a clear message to Obama, saying they won't tolerate it. The Middle East. The vast majority of Asia, or the caribbeans. Outside of a few countries mostly in the West, some in Latin America, intense homophobia remains the norm on Earth. Even Californians of all people refused to legalize homosexual marriage in 2008 and the decision had to be forced by the courts. So maybe you need to leave your little bubble, your small ghetto, and join us in the real world.

Homosexuality has always been, and is still reviled by most human beings and there are no signs of this ever changing.

You're proving that the only thing that is the norm on Earth is ignorance, hate and bigotry. You're a reminder that humanity probably doesn't deserve to survive. It's an unevolved monstrosity that believes imaginary sky beings you can't see, touch, experience or know should dictate whether you're allowed to be a decent person to someone that's real and right in front of you. What a disgrace.

Old 09-09-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Yeah right.

You keep believing that if it makes you feel better. But again, someone who believes there is such a thing as a homosexual "marriage" or that homosexuality is natural and equal to the normal human sexual behavior must be good at creating virtual alternate realities.
"Normal" sexual behavior has produced so many people, we're literally destroying the only home we'll ever have to satisfy the needs for them all. And you honestly believe that we need even more of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or