U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 04:52 PM

20,433 posts, read 10,633,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is such and a grievous sin , Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed.
Ezekiel 16:49 New International Version (NIV)

49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 07:00 PM

31,370 posts, read 16,048,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
What? I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here. My point is that if you think gays shouldn't be discriminated against, why do you think it's fine for those that you support to make it policy to allow it? You're talking out both sides of your ***. You're no friend of gay people.
Find a single quote where I say our government should be allowed to discriminate against gay people.

Just a warning, you'll fail to do so.

Peddle your delusions elsewhere.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:46 PM

21,811 posts, read 10,502,416 times
Taratova, I hope you follow the bible, as you expect others to. That means you don't speak in church, you do not touch or eat pork, you do not eat seafood, and you surely were a virgin when you married. You also don't grow two different crops next to one another and you never wear clothing comprised of both wool and linen. And if you have a daughter, did you sell her? And do you submit to your husband in all things?

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 34Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Ephesians 5:22 - 5:24
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing.

Leviticus 11:10
7And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. 8Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you. 9These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. 10And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: 11They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. 12Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. 13And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21 20If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the young woman's virginity can be found, 21she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done an outrageous thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house. You must purge the evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 22:9-11 9Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled. 10Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together. 11Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Exodus 21:7 7"If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as male servants do.

How are you able to keep all of this straight?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:02 PM

13,366 posts, read 13,720,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Find a single quote where I say our government should be allowed to discriminate against gay people.

Just a warning, you'll fail to do so.

Peddle your delusions elsewhere.

Actions speak louder than words. You can't just say you support LGBT people against discrimination and yet vote for people and policies that do exactly that. You don't have to be a single-issue voter, but don't be disingenuous in claiming you have a problem with that discrimination. Clearly, LGBT equality and treatment is low on the list of importance for you. Hence, you're no friend to gay people. Your vote matters, and your vote says a lot more than internet platitudes. In terms of real support, you're not much different than the Taratova guy.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Actions speak louder than words. You can't just say you support LGBT people against discrimination and yet vote for people and policies that do exactly that. You don't have to be a single-issue voter, but don't be disingenuous in claiming you have a problem with that discrimination. Clearly, LGBT equality and treatment is low on the list of importance for you. Hence, you're no friend to gay people because, again, only your vote means anything.
Specifically, who did I vote for who has policies meant to discriminate against the LGBT community?

Do you always just make things up?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Specifically, who did I vote for who has policies meant to discriminate against the LGBT community?

Do you always just make things up?
You support Trump, clearly. You support Republicans, clearly. Both have recent and extended histories of doing just that. Trump has made it legal to fire gay employees simply for being gay. He banned trans from the military despite there being no significant issues beforehand. He's backed religious-based gay discrimination in terms of housing and business service. Many Republicans are hoping that SCOTUS eventually overturns Obergefell, which is why they're trying so hard to stack the court (it's not only about abortion). Who are you trying to fool, here?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:19 PM

1,861 posts, read 459,020 times
A little piece of food for thought.

Should we put that woman who pretend to invented a suppository pill to cure homesexuality in the same basket as that gay therapist who admitted then he's an idiot? There's an article of the Jerusalem Post about that. https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/An...xuality-587684

Then I didn't mentionned some hormones injection as the Simpsons predicted it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu7VHA2z5Rg

Old 09-10-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
You support Trump, clearly. You support Republicans, clearly. Both have recent and extended histories of doing just that. Trump has made it legal to fire gay employees simply for being gay. He banned trans from the military despite there being no significant issues beforehand. He's backed religious-based gay discrimination in terms of housing and business service. Many Republicans are hoping that SCOTUS eventually overturns Obergefell, which is why they're trying so hard to stack the court (it's not only about abortion). Who are you trying to fool, here?
I didn't vote for Trump.

You can probably find about 225 posts from me on here saying I didn't vote for him.

Now, Trump did do ONE thing in regards to not allowing transgender people to serve in the military, but other than that, please inform me what discriminatory LGBT policies he has pushed?

And again, please name who I voted for that pushed LGBT discrimination policies?

Ye, I'm quite aware that you can't and just make up BS continuously.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:37 PM

jbcmh81

BTW, in 2010, Obama said he was "unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage."

So, according to you, everyone voting Obama in 2008 was anti-LGBT.

Out of curiosity, were you a gay hater voting for Obama?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I didn't vote for Trump.

You can probably find about 225 posts from me on here saying I didn't vote for him.

Now, Trump did do ONE thing in regards to not allowing transgender people to serve in the military, but other than that, please inform me what discriminatory LGBT policies he has pushed?

And again, please name who I voted for that pushed LGBT discrimination policies?

Ye, I'm quite aware that you can't and just make up BS continuously.
Though I'm immensely skeptical of the claim you didn't vote for someone you spend all day, every day defending to death, you clearly support him now. Don't blow smoke up my ***.
He also did all the other things I mentioned. Look them up (you won't). And you trying to downplay "one thing" is super hilarious. If you're really such a champion for fair treatment for LGBT, that "one thing" would matter just as much as if it were 100 things. What you're saying is that discrimination against some is forgivable. At what level does it start to matter to you, exactly? What a hero.
I wonder who you're voting for in 2020? Real mystery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or