U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 12:45 PM

22,267 posts, read 10,667,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Though I'm immensely skeptical of the claim you didn't vote for someone you spend all day, every day defending to death, you clearly support him now. Don't blow smoke up my ***.
He also did all the other things I mentioned. Look them up (you won't). And you trying to downplay "one thing" is super hilarious. If you're really such a champion for fair treatment for LGBT, that "one thing" would matter just as much as if it were 100 things. What you're saying is that discrimination against some is forgivable. At what level does it start to matter to you, exactly? What a hero.
I wonder who you're voting for in 2020? Real mystery.
You're not gay, are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 12:48 PM

13,428 posts, read 13,802,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
jbcmh81

BTW, in 2010, Obama said he was "unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage."

So, according to you, everyone voting Obama in 2008 was anti-LGBT.

Out of curiosity, were you a gay hater voting for Obama?
Yes, Obama absolutely was anti-LGBT at one point. I have zero problem saying that. Whether this was what he really thought or was just a product of the time or trying to win an election, I don't know. He certainly wasn't by the end of his presidency. Either way, the choice was between a Republican and a Democrat. I understood that even if Obama didn't agree with gay marriage, personally, he would not stand in the way of it like I knew a Republican would. The two bases, even in 2008, were very different on this issue, and I knew that a Democrat would face significantly more pressure and be much more likely to allow equality to move forward. So this was not a black and white decision. I didn't have to like Obama's personal stance, I just had to figure out if he would actually do anything against LGBT rights. I was right that he would not, and he ended up being a fighter for progress on the issue.
There is no way a modern Republican would ever stand up for LGBT equality. That is the issue. And supporting a president who is actively working against them says a lot about how indifferent you really are. My support for Obama on this issue was calculated. Your support for Trump is despite the issue.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're not gay, are you?
Are you?

Old 09-10-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Are you?
Didn't think you were.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, Obama absolutely was anti-LGBT at one point. I have zero problem saying that. Whether this was what he really thought or was just a product of the time or trying to win an election, I don't know. He certainly wasn't by the end of his presidency. Either way, the choice was between a Republican and a Democrat. I understood that even if Obama didn't agree with gay marriage, personally, he would not stand in the way of it like I knew a Republican would. The two bases, even in 2008, were very different on this issue, and I knew that a Democrat would face significantly more pressure and be much more likely to allow equality to move forward. So this was not a black and white decision. I didn't have to like Obama's personal stance, I just had to figure out if he would actually do anything against LGBT rights. I was right that he would not, and he ended up being a fighter for progress on the issue.
There is no way a modern Republican would ever stand up for LGBT equality. That is the issue. And supporting a president who is actively working against them says a lot about how indifferent you really are. My support for Obama on this issue was calculated. Your support for Trump is despite the issue.
LMAO at the hypocrisy here. It doesn't get better this.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LMAO at the hypocrisy here. It doesn't get better this.
It's not hypocrisy whatsoever. I voted for the most logical person who would move LGBT equality forward, either directly or indirectly. It is completely consistent with what I'm saying about political support. Do you really think McCain or Mormon Romney would've been better choices?

Old 09-10-2019, 06:03 PM

31,624 posts, read 16,194,098 times
Quote:
It's not hypocrisy whatsoever. I voted for the most logical person who would move LGBT equality forward, either directly or indirectly. It is completely consistent with what I'm saying about political support. Do you really think McCain or Mormon Romney would've been better choices?
You voted for someone against gay rights; therefore, you don't loke gay people.

At least that is what you claim.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:52 PM

16,025 posts, read 13,706,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is because the sin of homosexuality is a deviant behavior and not a natural occurance. It is not commonplace.
So what is it when straights indulge in oral and anal sex? Or it's not deviant or unnatural when they do it?

Old 09-10-2019, 09:54 PM

16,025 posts, read 13,706,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They will never be happy. They follow Satan.
Meanwhile, straight adulterers, such as Trump don't follow Satan. Instead, they follow hot looking women.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:58 PM

8,114 posts, read 2,872,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You voted for someone against gay rights; therefore, you don't loke gay people.

At least that is what you claim.
And the pro LGBT choice was ? Romney? I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or