U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 03:02 PM

13,201 posts, read 13,660,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Any therapy that tries to alter psychological patterns (prenatal or not) has low success rates. However, that does not mean anything.

Sexual orientation is both prenatal and environmental. People do partially change their sexual orientation in special circumstances (prison etc.).
Prison sex has literally nothing to do with sexual orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 03:04 PM

20,383 posts, read 10,585,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the pro lgbt former head of the American Psychological Association (APA) testified that people can change.

http://www.consciencedefense.org/con...eclaration.pdf
He works with NARTH, hardly pro LGBT.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:04 PM

13,201 posts, read 13,660,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those that are aroused are in lust with their own sexuality and are attracted to their own body as it is the flesh part of their being. They are attracted to their masculine or feminine side of themselves. It does NOT mean they are gay.
Shouldn't you be saving your best crazy proselytizing for church camp? I mean, you're definitely wasting your best lines here.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:09 PM

21,594 posts, read 10,397,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
the pro lgbt former head of the American Psychological Association (APA) testified that people can change.

http://www.consciencedefense.org/con...eclaration.pdf
Your link didn't work for me but I found articles on it in doing a search.

From Cummings:

Quote:
Cummings said he had to “latch on” to a patient’s determination, such as that energized by their religion. But he said the “gay rights” movement and others claim these patients should leave their religion and accept their “lifestyle.” Those who push for patients to dump their desire to stop the erotopathic, he said, do not respect the patients’ psychological needs.

Cummings said some homosexuals leave their lifestyle and return, much like “falling off the wagon” in a manner similar to an alcoholic or drug addict. But “there are successes.”
It sounds to me like the choice to put religion over homosexuality, probably because they felt being gay was a sin, is what prompted this change. And that's why some fail at living the straight life and return to what feels more natural to them.

I would hardly call this a good thing.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:30 PM

21,847 posts, read 11,292,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Who really cares why men or women are attracted to the same sex? It's not our business. We shouldn't judge it. They're harming no one.
You are wrong... those who are on the down low and get HIV and give it to their wife is definitely hurting someone... If your child sees their father in a dress and wig it hurts them.. there are plenty of people hurt by the actions of gays..

I have seen situations where a daugher wound up in a mental institution when her mother died suddenly and the father went on Joan Rivers show to proclaim he was gay sitting in a dress and wig.. he proceeded to make a sexual change and last I heard , he wished he never had the sex change telling long time friends who I know..He died a short time later. He was a burly truck driver and had no feminine traits at all. So don't tell me that garbage it hurts no one.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:52 PM

21,594 posts, read 10,397,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are wrong... those who are on the down low and get HIV and give it to their wife is definitely hurting someone... If your child sees their father in a dress and wig it hurts them.. there are plenty of people hurt by the actions of gays..

I have seen situations where a daugher wound up in a mental institution when her mother died suddenly and the father went on Joan Rivers show to proclaim he was gay sitting in a dress and wig.. he proceeded to make a sexual change and last I heard , he wished he never had the sex change telling long time friends who I know..He died a short time later. He was a burly truck driver and had no feminine traits at all. So don't tell me that garbage it hurts no one.
You're talking about a very small percentage of people.

You do know that straight people also have affairs and give their spouses diseases, right? This has to do with immorality and a lack of ethics, not being gay. Evil people exist among all groups.

And what do you suppose the percentage is of people in your second scenario? I think it's very small. But guess what? Fathers embarrass and humiliate their daughters every day for a number of reasons - and not all children are humiliated and ashamed if their father decides he's a woman. I worked with a woman whose ex-husband decided after several years of being divorced that he's more comfortable going by a woman's name and wearing women's clothing. The kids still love him and none of them are in mental institutions.

Do I get it? No. But these are God's children - my brothers and sisters - and I'd rather feel compassion for them than attack them.

Last edited by MPowering1; 09-06-2019 at 08:30 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 08:28 PM

11,055 posts, read 4,566,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Who really cares why men or women are attracted to the same sex? It's not our business. We shouldn't judge it. They're harming no one.
Nor should we condemn someone who is gay but doesn't want to be. Methods of "conversion therapy" may not be effective now but that doesn't mean they won't be in the future, especially when the genetics and hormonal influences are worked out. And it may well become possible to prevent people from being born with the tendency to become gay.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:43 PM

20,865 posts, read 8,987,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Nor should we condemn someone who is gay but doesn't want to be. Methods of "conversion therapy" may not be effective now but that doesn't mean they won't be in the future, especially when the genetics and hormonal influences are worked out. And it may well become possible to prevent people from being born with the tendency to become gay.

What's wrong with being gay. Mind your own business and stop with the conversion therapy.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:46 PM

11,055 posts, read 4,566,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

What's wrong with being gay. Mind your own business and stop with the conversion therapy.
Did you even read my post?

Old 09-06-2019, 08:48 PM

20,865 posts, read 8,987,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Did you even read my post?
Sorry if I misspoke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or