U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 02:29 PM

1,248 posts, read 224,843 times

Advertisements

Wait a darn minute.

When Rodney King and other black folk got their heads bashed by police on CAMERA I didn't see anyone care about it. When it was clear that the Ferguson police department's entire budget was funded by abusing laws to write a massive number of tickets to fuel their raises and new fleet of cars no one cared. I understand why people were upset at the Michael brown stuff but the issues in that city were horrible and oppressing an entire area with government sponsored illegal taxation of its citizens.

I guess even white folk are tired of police harassment. I was wondering when the suburbs and rural areas would get tired of all this government overreach and cover given to police. Why is it so hard to get body camera footage when there are questions of police misconduct?

There are many issues citizens of all color and creed agree on. The politics of today keep us divided to prevent the American people from seeing just how local and state governments survive on ripping off their citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 05:44 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,356,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Wait a darn minute.

When Rodney King and other black folk got their heads bashed by police on CAMERA I didn't see anyone care about it. When it was clear that the Ferguson police department's entire budget was funded by abusing laws to write a massive number of tickets to fuel their raises and new fleet of cars no one cared. I understand why people were upset at the Michael brown stuff but the issues in that city were horrible and oppressing an entire area with government sponsored illegal taxation of its citizens.

I guess even white folk are tired of police harassment. I was wondering when the suburbs and rural areas would get tired of all this government overreach and cover given to police. Why is it so hard to get body camera footage when there are questions of police misconduct?

There are many issues citizens of all color and creed agree on. The politics of today keep us divided to prevent the American people from seeing just how local and state governments survive on ripping off their citizens.

I was very distraught at what I saw with Rodney King, Ferguson, Eric (I can't breath) Garner, Sandra Bland, Freddy Grey, etc,... and yes, even Mike Brown because there was absolutely no way what that cop said made sense. I may be white but that doesn't mean I am incapable of understanding right from wrong, just because the wrong being committed is happening against people with darker skin than me.

I followed Diop Kamau (off the top of my head I think his name was Don Williams) a former SGT with the LAPD (I believe) who called them to task for their racism. But Diop unwittingly showed that it was more than racism to me. It was institutional protect the Thin Blue Line at all costs, not even allowing people of any race to get a form to file a complaint against a fellow officer. In almost every case the LEOs involved attempted to bully a person into not filing a complaint, demanding to know who the complaint was about and what the complaint was, when all that was asked for was a simple complaint form.

For years I followed the 1st amendment auditors (like the one whose video the OP used, David, NNH) and Shawn Thomas in NYC and the cop watchers like Daniel (Tom M-fkn Zebra) plus many MANY others as they have had their rights violated, time and time again, by supposedly "good cops" and while other supposed "good cops" stood by and did NOTHING to stop the unlawful behavior of their fellow Thin Blue Line members. Want a perfect example of that crap happening to a white guy, look up the YouTube videos of the beating of Kelly Thomas, who died due to complications from that horrific beating.

I'm not recently "woke". I've been aware for a long, LONG time.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 09-05-2019 at 06:21 PM..

Old Today, 03:55 PM

67,458 posts, read 34,387,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
How these cops, and the ones who back them up, refusing to stop the unlawful actions by bad cops, manage to look themselves in the mirror and think they are a good person and are doing a public service simply astounds me.

The largest gang of evil violent thugs who prey upon and abuse others is the law enforcement community.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

That very thin blue line.

Ask a cop if he as ever testified against a bad cop...

Old Today, 04:29 PM

954 posts, read 290,945 times
the Police exist to protect and serve the status quo

in the 70s we went through a period with police with PTSD serving as cops....is it THAT simple that me, a casual observer on the interwebs can figure this out....the glorification of our overseas military force does NOT help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or