Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 06:40 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,005,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yet, there it is... The paths indicated. Just like Trump had tweeted.
I learned to add & subtract.... but that is all a lie, because I learned it a long time ago.

Did he predict it before the NWS informed him, or did he make an informed tweet after being informed by the NWS.... Yes, dates matter.
You enjoy lying to make yourself feel better. I feel sorry for anyone in real life who deals with you

Old 09-06-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Just imagine if Obama had presented a doctored up map showing that the U.S. actually did have 57 states.
And kept fighting every person or outlet that told him he's wrong about it and tweeting about it while other things are going on.. Yet they make him the boogeyman in this still

Old 09-06-2019, 07:02 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,889,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I'm surprised he didn't, as it would have helped his lies a lot more. That said, the map you posted was dated 8/29, and he tweeted on 9/4. The map you posted showed AL as a possible, but unlikely path. It showed the most likely path being pretty close to what it actually ended up being (maybe 100 miles off?).

But to your point, the people that lap up his divisive lies, who are looking for reasons to discredit truth so this guy can continue to tear down the fabric of our Nation would have lapped this up (even though it proves him wrong) as evidence of the "lying media" and "enemy of the people".

I try to stay positive, but this is rediculous. They guy misspoke, which is not a crime. Doubling down with lies to cover what may well have been an honest mistake, THAT is the problem. He ruins his own credibility, and then whines when people call him out on it.
This is the point. ANYONE can screw up and make an uninformed or hasty statement. But people with integrity freely admit their error and move on. Anyone that continues to try to uphold a statement or finding that was shown to be incorrect would not survive long in any real business or industry. They are effectively useless.

Trump has the mindset of an adolescent. Not sure if he's borderline or narcissistic but at the end of the day the diagnosis doesn't really matter. As far as being a leader he is useless to us.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:04 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,787,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Not a liberal - independent no party affliliation/moderate here - I like my President not to lie to me, even over the most trivial things - but this isn't trivial by any means - and if a mistake was made, not to double-down on the lie.
Huh? So you hate EVERY president in the US? Name me ONE president who has not lied and I will show you a liar with a mirror... TDS, indeed... i really hate holier than thou BS anti-Trumpers...

Old 09-06-2019, 07:04 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
You enjoy lying to make yourself feel better. I feel sorry for anyone in real life who deals with you
I lied? Yet, there it is from the NWS, putting Alabama in harms way. The NWS is lying too?
Was it a prediction or an informed tweet? Hindsight is always 20/20

Old 09-06-2019, 07:06 AM

37,950 posts, read 22,021,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
THIS is definitely the beginning of the end for the Trump Administration.
Biden is going to win in a landslide

Old 09-06-2019, 07:07 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,889,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
And kept fighting every person or outlet that told him he's wrong about it and tweeting about it while other things are going on.. Yet they make him the boogeyman in this still
Do they have any other choice but to try to change the subject or to deflect? There is absolutely no way for anyone to overlook Trump's incompetence - they know it and that's why you will never get a coherent response. In a weird way you have to be fascinated by people that are so easily manipulated that they will continue to try to support a leader that is clearly working against their best interests.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:12 AM

37,950 posts, read 22,021,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So after Trump alters a map of Hurricane Dorian's projected path to make it seem like he was correct. Twitter went crazy. Most are very funny. Trump is such a idiot to think that he could get away with altering a map.https://www.newsweek.com/sharpiegate...alabma-1457782

Of all the things to flip out over.... good grief. TDS

Old 09-06-2019, 07:19 AM

37,024 posts, read 18,956,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
wasn't it former community organizer barry hussein who believed the united states had 57 states?
Sure was. The difference is, he didn't plan to do it beforehand, because he wasn't an habitual liar and a narcissist.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Of all the things to flip out over.... good grief. TDS
typical its this TDS line or its "he's just trolling libs"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies