U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 05:30 AM

6,786 posts, read 3,750,868 times

Advertisements

A number of times I have gotten up in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. Did not turn on any lights. Went into the kitchen, made some tea in microwave, got some cookies out of pantry, and went on the computer.

Sometimes this woke up my husband and he came into the kitchen. Would you have gotten your gun before you did if you heard noises in the middle of the night? Thankfully, hubs wasn't that paranoid, although the thought did cross my mind. He did yell at me for walking around in the dark in the middle of the night! lol

Should I have yelled "Honey, it's ME" and woke him up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 05:44 AM

38,382 posts, read 16,659,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
A number of times I have gotten up in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. Did not turn on any lights. Went into the kitchen, made some tea in microwave, got some cookies out of pantry, and went on the computer.

Sometimes this woke up my husband and he came into the kitchen. Would you have gotten your gun before you did if you heard noises in the middle of the night? Thankfully, hubs wasn't that paranoid, although the thought did cross my mind. He did yell at me for walking around in the dark in the middle of the night! lol

Should I have yelled "Honey, it's ME" and woke him up?
"I have gotten up in the middle of the night"
" Would you have gotten your gun before you did if you heard noises in the middle of the night?"

Depends if you share a bed and he KNOWS you are up and about. Bad comparison. Apples and oranges.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Glad the daughter is okay. I bet the mother was horrified and feels horrible.

She really should have yelled out "I have a gun" first. I'll note, I'm a lady and I have had someone come in the house before that startled me. I told them I have a gun and if they don't leave I'm going to shoot them. They left. This was years ago when we lived out in suburbia, which I only mention because often people we know believe we are crime victims because we now live in the inner city. Never had an issue in the inner city with people trying to rob my house. I have had people try to steal my car but not from my house.
"She really should have yelled out "I have a gun" first."

The DAUGHTER should have yelled "MOM, I'm home" FIRST!

You should NEVER go into someones house who is NOT expecting you, PERIOD. And NEVER at 9 PM and enter their BEDROOM without announcing yourself.

This daughter is NOT smart enough to go to college.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:18 PM

6,786 posts, read 3,750,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I have gotten up in the middle of the night"
" Would you have gotten your gun before you did if you heard noises in the middle of the night?"

Depends if you share a bed and he KNOWS you are up and about. Bad comparison. Apples and oranges.
Knew this was going to come up. No, we do not share a bed and haven't in a very long time. I could not take his snoring, or big him hogging the bed from little me almost falling on the floor.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Knew this was going to come up. No, we do not share a bed and haven't in a very long time. I could not take his snoring, or big him hogging the bed from little me almost falling on the floor.
" I could not take his snoring" A sleep apnea machine will take of that.

"hogging the bed from little me", you married him.

Old Today, 11:08 AM

156 posts, read 70,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Ringing the doorbell (especially in daylight hours) would have been a better way to surprise.
I agree. There were a few occasions when I surprised visted my grandparents and I just rang their doorbell and they were so surprised and happy to see me at the door as we live pretty far away.

Any way, I feel bad for the poor girl. The mother must still feel so badly about it and she will have to live with guilt. It must be so traumatizing for them both. I feel so bad that the daughter had to go through that pain. I wonder how long the mother was under investigation etc. Such a sad and pretty crazy story to hear.

Old Today, 11:15 AM

7,314 posts, read 3,952,404 times
Trigger happy America.

Old Today, 11:23 AM

321 posts, read 107,125 times
I would have no issue at all with gun owners shooting each other.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I have two older friends that carry concealed hand guns everywhere they go all the time. Both are in their late 60's and often over indulge in alcohol. To me they are ticking time bombs - its not a natter of if they will accidently shoot someone but when.

Old Today, 12:00 PM

18,510 posts, read 11,706,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
Typical trigger happy clown.

Yep. Putting a weapon that can kill in the hands of an untrained person is a recipe for disaster. Nothing good can come of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies