U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 08:33 PM

5,746 posts, read 3,161,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Because people are complicated, so is their history and their values change

Some will stick with their principles; others not so much ...

But when in 1963 when the court ruled out school sponsored prayer, any one caught praying after that were subject to lawsuits ... up until the courts finally got tired of that nonsense, but there was no religious bloodshed at that moment in the history of our, 'good ol days'.

But seriously we are taking discipline out of the schools and we wonder why we are having violent gun issues in our schools.

The bloodshed that you are referring to is in the time (Crusades) that the Church ruled as a government over the lands, they waged wars and collected taxes. I don't think any one with a brain would refer to that time as the good ol days, seeing as how the reason people came across the oceans to here, was for freedom of religion. That is why you will have no argument on the Separation of Church and State, as long as the State, stays out of the Church's business.

Slavery was on its way out as it was 3000 years before as man's law, where as they began to reconcile with God's law and the morality of it all ...

Holocaust ... Just because a person says they are a Christian doesn't mean they are one.
Your right in that kids need more discipline, but that starts at home, and thr gun issue is a symptom of a huge underlying problem in our society that we refuse to acknowledge. Mainly with mental health, and I don’t wanna derail the topic and wont get into it further, but easy access to firearms.

Overall, mental health is important, people don’t see that. And then they scapegoat other things and dance around the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 08:34 PM

9,266 posts, read 4,563,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
This has been in the works for decades...and it's much more than "God in Schools"

It's the end of Democracy....if we can even say we ever had it.

These people do not believe in the Rule of the Law (of man) and they (The Family, a group of very powerful "Christian" politicians) are very clear - they want to install themselves (they are ordained by God) and Jesus himself at the head of ALL governments in the world.

Nothing to do with the US Constitution. A completely new Crusade....and they are dead serious about it. They run the National Prayer Breakfast, for example, and members include some of the top Senators, Governors and such.

They are a secret organization.

If anyone wants additional info I think there is a good documentary on the basics...but google it and there are even better books and articles. The Founder said Lenin, Stalin and Mao and Hitler "did it right" in terms of getting people to REALLY fall in line.
The Shocking Paper Predicting the End of Democracy

"So why is Rosenberg, who made his name back in the 1980s with a study that disturbingly showed that many voters select candidates on the basis of their looks, predicting the end of democracy now?

He has concluded that the reason for right-wing populists’ recent success is that “elites” are losing control of the institutions that have traditionally saved people from their most undemocratic impulses. When people are left to make political decisions on their own they drift toward the simple solutions right-wing populists worldwide offer: a deadly mix of xenophobia, racism and authoritarianism. "

Old 09-08-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Your right in that kids need more discipline, but that starts at home, and thr gun issue is a symptom of a huge underlying problem in our society that we refuse to acknowledge. Mainly with mental health, and I don’t wanna derail the topic and wont get into it further, but easy access to firearms.

Overall, mental health is important, people don’t see that. And then they scapegoat other things and dance around the subject.
Yes, I agree that it should discipline begins in the home ... back when, when I was being raised it did. But my parents also had the respect of the teachers ... that was a time when Mrs. and Mr. meant respect and they would not settle for anything less.

Much has changed since then.

The school acts as the parent in the parent's absence, so since they have decided to enforce that, they should also, do the disciplining, as well.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:

"So why is Rosenberg, who made his name back in the 1980s with a study that disturbingly showed that many voters select candidates on the basis of their looks, predicting the end of democracy now?

He has concluded that the reason for right-wing populists’ recent success is that “elites” are losing control of the institutions that have traditionally saved people from their most undemocratic impulses. When people are left to make political decisions on their own they drift toward the simple solutions right-wing populists worldwide offer: a deadly mix of xenophobia, racism and authoritarianism. "
Sell your country’s soul for a quick fix.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:43 PM

20,929 posts, read 9,008,184 times
Quote:
Yes, I agree that it should discipline begins in the home ... back when, when I was being raised it did. But my parents also had the respect of the teachers ... that was a time when Mrs. and Mr. meant respect and they would not settle for anything less.

The school acts as the parent in the parent's absence, so since they have decided to enforce that, they should also, do the disciplining, as well.

Schools are not there to babysit and parent kids. They are there to teach.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Sell your country’s soul for a quick fix.
Could be? dunno:
"democracy will remain under threat no matter who is in power"

Old 09-08-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Schools are not there to babysit and parent kids. They are there to teach.
Got a news flash for you ...

My kids were questioned at school about an off campus incident. The only way I learned about it was my middle child said something to me about it, which led me to question him.

At the time I was going through a divorce and so I asked my lawyer, 'does the school have the right, to question my children without my presence'.

"Yes. They are the parent in the parent's absence."

PS: I though you knew this. I thought every one knew this ...

Old 09-08-2019, 08:53 PM

20,929 posts, read 9,008,184 times
Quote:
Got a news flash for you ...

My kids were questioned at school about an off campus incident. The only way I learned about it was my middle child said something to me about it, which led me to question him.

At the time I was going through a divorce and so I asked my lawyer, 'does the school have the right, to question my children without my presence'.

"Yes. They are the parent in the parent's absence."

PS: I though you knew this. I thought every one knew this ...
Then they should be paid a whole lot more. So your kids were asked questions. So what.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Then they should be paid a whole lot more. So your kids were asked questions. So what.
Parent's have no rights while their kids are in the school, the school assumes all rights and responsibilities ... Doesn't seem like an issue until you're a parent in today's time, with the knowing it was not like that 40 years ago ... the parents were consulted by the school, not the other way around.

PS: And if you're going to troll this post ...

Old 09-08-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Parent's have no rights while their kids are in the school, the school assumes all rights and responsibilities ... Doesn't seem like an issue until you're a parent in today's time, with the knowing it was not like that 40 years ago ... the parents were consulted by the school, not the other way around.

PS: And if you're going to troll this post ...
What was the question (if you don’t mind me asking)? Like was it “have you seen so&so?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or