U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 09:48 AM

12,521 posts, read 7,129,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That article was fear-mongering drivel when it was written in Feb. 2017.

Your thread title should be 'Trump rejects fringe group call to put God back in schools, abolish Education Department.' Find something more recent to display your TDS.
To repeat and bump jazz's post above:

this article referenced in the original post is 2 1/2 years old.

This is a dishonest thread title. I really dislike posters who fabricate issues to push an agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 09:48 AM

13,254 posts, read 13,686,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Exactly right, if they believe that God is everywhere then why all the fuss?
Because it's not about a belief in God. It's about holding all people to their religious standards regardless of what anyone else believes. It's about control and always has been. As an atheist, I'm sure I have no place in their vision for the nation.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:50 AM

11,319 posts, read 5,014,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
God never left- it is the people that turn away from him that have caused this solar eclipse of darkness
I am old and remember no violence against teachers and principal
We have moved to a different page
Some of the most religious countries in the world are also the most violent. I wouldn't think of religion as any kind of antidote to conflict and strife.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:51 AM

13,254 posts, read 13,686,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
To repeat and bump jazz's post above:

this article referenced in the original post is 2 1/2 years old.

This is a dishonest thread title. I really dislike posters who fabricate issues to push an agenda.
You all keep saying the article is years old. Okay, fair enough. So then they're not still trying to do this in 2019?

Old 09-06-2019, 09:54 AM

12,521 posts, read 7,129,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You all keep saying the article is years old. Okay, fair enough. So then they're not still trying to do this in 2019?
Who is "they"?

Old 09-06-2019, 09:54 AM

67,564 posts, read 34,463,165 times
Quote:
New Education Reform Report written for the Trump administration would put the Christian God in public schools.

An alarming report, written by a Christian conservative group with ties to Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, plans for the promotion of Christianity in public schools and putting an end to the Department of Education.

The Washington Post reports:

A policy manifesto from an influential conservative group with ties to the Trump administration, including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, urges the dismantling of the Education Department and bringing God into American classrooms.

The “Education Reform Report” released by the Center for National Policy, a front for RADICAL conservative Christians with “ties to several top White House officials — including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos,” states:

We submit this report to the Donald Trump/Betsy DeVos administration with the hope that our organization may be of assistance with the restoration of education in America, in accordance with historic Judeo-Christian principles.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...aign=FBCP-PATH

Let the brain washing begin. This people need a history lesson.
When God was in schools, the kids had more respect, manners and less mass shootings and deadly violence.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 AM

35,742 posts, read 19,649,119 times
Evangelicals are SO frightened.

So sensitive.

Society is moving steadily away from their middle eastern beliefs.

Yet they somehow think legislation/executive orders will bring their godlet back.

Reality > Religion.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:59 AM

22,879 posts, read 9,763,733 times
There is actually a documentary that just came out on Netflix called "The Family" about a secretive Christian group that has been working for years to control and influence DC.

I haven't watched it because I'm afraid I will be too alarmed that worse and more crap is going on in DC than we--I almost don't want to know that religious zealots may be controlling the government even more than we know.

Rather seditious to try to wipe out what the Founding Fathers planned for the country. But, as the US becomes more secular and diverse, they would have a more difficult time turning us into Iran.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:59 AM

11,319 posts, read 5,014,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When God was in schools, the kids had more respect, manners and less mass shootings and deadly violence.
There are many cultures where putting God in schools ensures fear-based subservience and obedience from children, only for them to grow up into adults that contribute to high rates of crimes, like Jamaica for example.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:01 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,569,151 times
Quote:
No, it would happen over time like most things the government wants to push on us.

Like Obamacare. It was literally shoved down all of our throats and made healthcare for many crazy expensive. Obama asked congress to create it in Feb 2009, barely passed and signed into law March 2010. If forcing God in public schools was that big of a deal, it would be happening right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or