U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 10:03 AM

67,583 posts, read 34,482,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
There is actually a documentary that just came out on Netflix called "The Family" about a secretive Christian group that has been working for years to control and influence DC.

I haven't watched it because I'm afraid I will be too alarmed that worse and more crap is going on in DC than we--I almost don't want to know that religious zealots may be controlling the government even more than we know.

Rather seditious to try to wipe out what the Founding Fathers planned for the country. But, as the US becomes more secular and diverse, they would have a more difficult time turning us into Iran.
Working for over 250 years....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 10:03 AM

13,254 posts, read 13,693,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who is "they"?
Answering a question with a question. I admire your deflection skills.

Also, I thought you read the article. If you don't know who "they" is, why in the world are you commenting.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:07 AM

15,318 posts, read 9,375,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Because it's not about a belief in God. It's about holding all people to their religious standards regardless of what anyone else believes. It's about control and always has been. As an atheist, I'm sure I have no place in their vision for the nation.
As a Pagan I hear where your coming from odds are we would be kicked out it hung lol. Yes they want complete control over every fart you let.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Some of the most religious countries in the world are also the most violent. I wouldn't think of religion as any kind of antidote to conflict and strife.
More people have been killed in the name of God then anything else, not that it needed to be said. Just repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When God was in schools, the kids had more respect, manners and less mass shootings and deadly violence.
B.S yet again. When various groups got together and started whining that spanking ones child was abusive and passing laws against spanking them, THEN things went downhill. Religion had nothing to do with it.

These days parents give their children a smartphone and ignore em, somehow that’s parenting.

5,810 posts, read 3,179,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Like Obamacare. It was literally shoved down all of our throats and made healthcare for many crazy expensive. Obama asked congress to create it in Feb 2009, barely passed and signed into law March 2010. If forcing God in public schools was that big of a deal, it would be happening right now.
Your comparing healthcare to religion..

12,529 posts, read 7,135,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Answering a question with a question. I admire your deflection skills.

Also, I thought you read the article. If you don't know who "they" is, why in the world are you commenting.
my question was an honest request to clarify who you were referring to in your question.

in your reply, you assumed to read my mind and insulted me instead.

done.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:11 AM

13,254 posts, read 13,693,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
my question was an honest request to clarify who you were referring to in your question.

in your reply, you assumed to read my mind and insulted me instead.

done.
lol, sure. It wasn't an honest question and it didn't make sense even if it was. The first post of the thread gave the exact people I was talking about. You and others made a big deal about the age of the article, but then won't answer whether these people are still active in trying to force religion into public schools. Probably because you know what the answer is and admitting it defeats the whole point of trying to discredit the article because of its age.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:12 AM

15,706 posts, read 13,587,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When God was in schools, the kids had more respect, manners and less mass shootings and deadly violence.
No wonder. There were no video games during the 1950s.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:13 AM

25,144 posts, read 12,328,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
New Education Reform Report written for the Trump administration would put the Christian God in public schools.

An alarming report, written by a Christian conservative group with ties to Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, plans for the promotion of Christianity in public schools and putting an end to the Department of Education.

The Washington Post reports:

A policy manifesto from an influential conservative group with ties to the Trump administration, including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, urges the dismantling of the Education Department and bringing God into American classrooms.

The “Education Reform Report” released by the Center for National Policy, a front for RADICAL conservative Christians with “ties to several top White House officials — including Education Secretary Betsy DeVos,” states:

We submit this report to the Donald Trump/Betsy DeVos administration with the hope that our organization may be of assistance with the restoration of education in America, in accordance with historic Judeo-Christian principles.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...aign=FBCP-PATH

Let the brain washing begin. This people need a history lesson.
Allah is being taught in public schools.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:13 AM

598 posts, read 214,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Exactly right, if they believe that God is everywhere then why all the fuss?
I always wondered that too. Religious nut-cases are quite the dumb hypocrites.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:14 AM

2,890 posts, read 4,570,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Your comparing healthcare to religion..
No. It's proof that if an administration wants something bad enough, they will do everything they can to make it a reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or