U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-06-2019, 11:06 AM
 
6,907 posts, read 3,259,276 times
Reputation: 6183

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Did you see anyone from NWS pull out fake maps after the fact to defend their egos?

That's the difference. And through all your spin and deflection, that's what you reduce to: a person defending a guy who takes weather maps after the fact because they can't let go of petty ego grievances. You haven't addressed this core truth because you know you can't.
Why would they...……..only job in the world where you can be wrong all day long over and over again and keep your job.

And in any case, no one is criticizing them.

Pretty sure if the force of the press came down on them we would see some sort of BS in their defense.

Here's where we differ. You and many others hate Trump so you say he pulled out a fake map.

I see someone who pulled out a real map that he saw before he made his comment about AL. He or someone extended the cone to illustrate where he thought the path of the storm was going at that time.

The real issue is why did he not have the most current info.

We don't know that because the press is too busy trying to make him look bad to do their job and ask those questions.

 
Old 09-06-2019, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
552 posts, read 76,488 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I can’t believe CNN and MSNBC spent two days on this as their “breaking news!”

They have earned their label of fake news.
 
Old 09-06-2019, 11:32 AM
 
18,615 posts, read 10,670,897 times
Reputation: 13668
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
They have earned their label of fake news.
They gave up giving him the benefit of the doubt around lie number 100 of over 6,000 of them now.

Remember the biggest inauguration turnout ever https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7547141.html

Once Trump established the trend; why on earth would anyone expect the press to just ignore his habitual lying, whether deliberate or simply due to ignorance of facts.

This is still in the news because the people WANT it there where it belongs. Making people aware of Trump's obvious deficit in veracity and failure to admit any responsibility for same.

https://www.politifact.com/personali...yruling/false/

Oh wait; Donald pick up the phone, there's another fake call from China.

Your average three year old tampers less with the truth.
 
Old 09-06-2019, 11:42 AM
 
6,907 posts, read 3,259,276 times
Reputation: 6183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You cant live in Florida and then claim they were wrong. thats more or less shows you dont understand how hurricane work.

The cone is an average of about 25 models based on stirring patterns, high pressure, water temp and so on.

they update the cone and all the models as things change, so the only way you can really say they were wrong if the thing had turned around and gone back over PR.
hey newsflash...…….just like you don't get to tell people who to listen to when a storm is coming......you also don't get to tell people what their standard for judging hurricane forecasters is.
 
Old 09-06-2019, 03:50 PM
 
Location: San Francisco, CA
14,097 posts, read 11,121,829 times
Reputation: 12929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Why would they...……..only job in the world where you can be wrong all day long over and over again and keep your job.

And in any case, no one is criticizing them.

Pretty sure if the force of the press came down on them we would see some sort of BS in their defense.

Here's where we differ. You and many others hate Trump so you say he pulled out a fake map.

I see someone who pulled out a real map that he saw before he made his comment about AL. He or someone extended the cone to illustrate where he thought the path of the storm was going at that time.

The real issue is why did he not have the most current info.

We don't know that because the press is too busy trying to make him look bad to do their job and ask those questions.
How could that have been a real map with that obvious sharpie swoosh added to it? Get real. Why are you perpetuating this lie? We have eyes; we can all see it. We know NWS did not out that sharpie addition in there.

The real issue is not about why he didn't have the current info; it's about why he (or his team) falsely altered a hurricane projection map after the fact to escalate a petty fight about his ego.

Stop with the spin. Stop with the deflection. The issue is not "the press" and "current info." The issue is a President who goes to the lengths of that fake sharpie swoosh on public TV. And the fact that you allow yourself to be lied to so blatantly is appalling.
 
Old 09-06-2019, 07:12 PM
 
6,907 posts, read 3,259,276 times
Reputation: 6183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
How could that have been a real map with that obvious sharpie swoosh added to it? Get real. Why are you perpetuating this lie? We have eyes; we can all see it. We know NWS did not out that sharpie addition in there.

The real issue is not about why he didn't have the current info; it's about why he (or his team) falsely altered a hurricane projection map after the fact to escalate a petty fight about his ego.

Stop with the spin. Stop with the deflection. The issue is not "the press" and "current info." The issue is a President who goes to the lengths of that fake sharpie swoosh on public TV. And the fact that you allow yourself to be lied to so blatantly is appalling.
Wow...……..so much outrage lol.

Are you aware that NOAA has now issued a statement that Birmingham NWS was incorrect meaning that the President was correct that AL could experience impact from the hurricane?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top