Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 10:00 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Not the same.

When I have been told for days a monster storm is coming my way and may turn or not turn, I look at all the possibilities.
But that's not what NOAA or the NOAA or the NWS told Alabama. That is the lie.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:05 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,437,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The NHC is the only organization that interprets model data and makes track forecasts, though. They are literally the experts. Who or what would Trump be looking to other than the NHC or NOAA for that kind of information? We know neither of those told Trump it would affect Alabama. And local weather gets their information from the NHC when it comes to hurricanes. You really think your typical local-station weatherman, who may not even have a basic degree in meteorology, is going to know more than the NHC? This argument is dumb and insulting the intelligence of everyone. Stop. Just admit Trump was wrong.
You don't get to tell people who to get their hurricane info from lol.

Most people have to make decisions about their safety long before there is precise info coming out of NHC.

There is no choice other than to rely on the people funneling the NHC weather reports, your own judgement and past experience.

And in any case, as it turns out NHC was all wrong anyway.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Most people have to make decisions about their safety long before there is precise info coming out of NHC.

There is no choice other than to rely on the people funneling the NHC weather reports, your own judgement and past experience.

And in any case, as it turns out NHC was all wrong anyway.
So you're saying people make things up based on what they want to believe rather than following real sources with the actual experts? Breaking news, there. Thanks for finally agreeing that's what Trump was doing.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:09 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Quote:

And in any case, as it turns out NHC was all wrong anyway
No, the NHC was not all wrong. I've been checking their updates every 3 hours for the last week, since my house was in the path of Dorian. They were quite accurate predicting the storm's path.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:12 AM

15,825 posts, read 6,534,658 times
Trump gets his facts from the Alabama national guard? Well that's a bit curious.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So you're saying people make things up based on what they want to believe rather than following real sources with the actual experts? Breaking news, there. Thanks for finally agreeing that's what Trump was doing.
No that's not what I said and I'm quite sure you understand what I said so stop twisting.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
No, the NHC was not all wrong. I've been checking their updates every 3 hours for the last week, since my house was in the path of Dorian. They were quite accurate predicting the storm's path.
OK.....I haven't really been following their accuracy past FL. They were mostly wrong on FL until the last minute.

But, hey no one is criticizing them for blowing out Labor Day and all the other economic impacts of their inaccurate forecast.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:22 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
Why are so many people trying to cover up for the demise of Demented Don's mental decline into senility?

Most people would have said, whoops, I made a mistake. However, an aging narcissist must insist he was right. The troubling issue is that Trump's supporters are falling over each other trying to prove the moron in charge was correct, but Trump was studiply wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMfgVdHIIyk

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
So Diaper Donnie uses a sharpie to change a weather report (a federal offense, and something befitting of a 2 YO) and your comment is to blame "the liberal media" (you mean like Fox and WSJ, both of which reported on Sharpiegate?). Why am I not surprised?

When Trump said "I could shoot someone on Fifth Ave. and not lose any support" he was absolutely right. I have zero doubt the media would be blamed for reporting on Donnie shooting someone.

Quote:
No that's not what I said and I'm quite sure you understand what I said so stop twisting.
That's exactly what you said. You didn't answer what other sources people get their hurricane information from, but even if the reality was that they got it from local news, Twitter, the Alabama National Guard, social media, CNN, Alex Jones or a psychic, none of those people or platforms have any information that NOAA and NHC didn't create. You don't go to a podiatrist when you have a heart attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies