U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:38 AM

676 posts, read 184,604 times

Advertisements

Obama “Not Even A Smidgen Of Corruption”

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama...113140861.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:46 AM

4,048 posts, read 807,894 times
I never understood how eliminating private lenders would save taxpayers money. Since when does the government operate a program more efficiently than private companies?

Also, the entire way that the private lenders were eliminated was sneaky - it was part of the Obamacare bill. Was that because Obama used the "savings" (cough-cough) from wiping out the program to offset Obamacare costs?

Old Today, 04:51 AM

10,850 posts, read 4,529,828 times
Sorry guys another false story. The big news is that the Trump administration can forgive the debt but refuse to.

Trump is also allowing the lessening of regulation's on pay day lenders. This of course after they spent big bucks at Trump properties.

Gutting the CFPB is not what is best for the population. Only those ripping off the poor and desperate.

Old Today, 04:59 AM

1,061 posts, read 1,327,551 times
Donald.. stop it! Just close your eyes and quietly spell A..L..A..B...A..M...A. There now just relax.

Old Today, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Sorry guys another false story. The big news is that the Trump administration can forgive the debt but refuse to.

Trump is also allowing the lessening of regulation's on pay day lenders. This of course after they spent big bucks at Trump properties.

Gutting the CFPB is not what is best for the population. Only those ripping off the poor and desperate.
What do you mean "Trump can forgive the debt"? You mean "Trump can force hard-working Americans to pay off the debt of students who took loans and promised to pay them back"?

Old Today, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What do you mean "Trump can forgive the debt"? You mean "Trump can force hard-working Americans to pay off the debt of students who took loans and promised to pay them back"?
How about you worry about all the deficits Trump has created with his fake tax cut. Tax cuts which helped no one.

Tax cuts which have created property taxes, sales taxes, federal fees on everything from tires to cell phones to go up. Check your cell phone bill. Federal taxes went up.

You supposed Conservatives have not got a clue.

Old Today, 05:26 AM

Quote:
How about you worry about all the deficits Trump has created with his fake tax cut. Tax cuts which helped no one.

Tax cuts which have created property taxes, sales taxes, federal fees on everything from tires to cell phones to go up. Check your cell phone bill. Federal taxes went up.

You supposed Conservatives have not got a clue.
So you want to add to that by having other people pay off the loans that students took out and promised to repay?

i took out no loans. Instead, I worked hard and won two academic scholarships that covered 2/3rds of the tuition and worked part-time throughout the school year and full time in summer to ensure I had no loans. In the meantime, I watched the kids with loans go to Vermont for ski weekends and take summer terms in Europe with their loan money. And now I should pay off those loans?

Old Today, 05:38 AM

Quote:
So you want to add to that by having other people pay off the loans that students took out and promised to repay?

i took out no loans. Instead, I worked hard and won two academic scholarships that covered 2/3rds of the tuition and worked part-time throughout the school year and full time in summer to ensure I had no loans. In the meantime, I watched the kids with loans go to Vermont for ski weekends and take summer terms in Europe with their loan money. And now I should pay off those loans?
Instead the top 1% are getting all the perks of the tax cuts while you and I get to pay for those perks.

We pay higher taxes and fees all the way down to the local level. Each time the GOP cuts Federal taxes for their donors. People like you and I, who did it the right way, get to pay for those who cheat and lie. That's the GOP way.

See who the admissions scandal is bringing to courts.

Old Today, 05:53 AM

8,414 posts, read 2,465,223 times
Quote:

Beggars love to mooch off responsible adults. Always wanting someone else to pay for them. Non contributors get nothing from me. Let em beg, maybe one day they'll grow up.

Old Today, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Instead the top 1% are getting all the perks of the tax cuts while you and I get to pay for those perks.

We pay higher taxes and fees all the way down to the local level. Each time the GOP cuts Federal taxes for their donors. People like you and I, who did it the right way, get to pay for those who cheat and lie. That's the GOP way.

See who the admissions scandal is bringing to courts.
NO! People like you and I get to pay for students who shirk their loans, single mothers who have baby after baby they can't afford, illegal aliens who keep pushing out anchor babies (the local hospital has more than 50% of babies born under Medicaid OR free to illegals), and subsidized renters who insist on granite countertops in workforce housing because they "deserve just as much as middle income people get."

Nearly half the country doesn't pay a red cent in federal income taxes, and many actually RECEIVE taxpayer money for child credits.

People who worked their way through college and spent an entire career working 50 hours a week now get to suppot the people who didn't bother to prepare for a livelihood and irresponsibly have child after child they can't afford. That's the LEFTIST way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or