U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 06:49 AM

7,682 posts, read 1,753,044 times

Advertisements

In reading the posts, it certainly did not take long for some to say that Bernie is racist for saying this.

I do wonder, though, how the extreme leftists reconcile a woman's right to choose with the fact that one of their "idols" said that he wouldn't have a problem with limiting the births of Third World babies. Their little minds must be going crazy! (Even crazier than usual, I mean.)

Last edited by katharsis; 09-06-2019 at 07:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 06:51 AM

30,935 posts, read 17,130,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
And I suppose that your heart just bleeds for all of those 3rd world, brown skinned aborted fetuses?
Not the ones currently in cages in the US.

Trump Supporter - "Stop showing us crying babies".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Up until about 1990 almost everyone agreed that encouraging people in poor countries with very fast growing populations to use birth control and have fewer children was a good idea. Then suddenly it became racist.
Nothing has changed. Birth control is very much encouraged. If you think that's racist - that's on you.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:58 AM

19,924 posts, read 9,563,035 times
Wouldn't firing squads or gas chambers be a lot easier Bernie? Well?

Old 09-06-2019, 07:22 AM

11,129 posts, read 4,636,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Nothing has changed. Birth control is very much encouraged. If you think that's racist - that's on you.
sigh... yes, attitudes certainly have changed, and no, when I said "suddenly it became racist" I was describing those changes in societal attitudes toward population control in poor, fast growing countries, not expressing my own view.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:35 AM

5,262 posts, read 1,473,337 times
Seems like a good idea to me.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Status: ""...and a child shall lead them"" (set 11 days ago)

4,183 posts, read 2,208,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Don’t be fooled by the Left lies that they really care. Deep down they hate humanity!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ber...c-family-cycle
First, I call bullsh on Faux News. Climate change and abortion are only marginally related, if at all. BTW it's the richer countries who both pollute and use more per capita than poor ones.

Second, abortion does not mean extinction, any more than the Duggars mean they want to use up all the planet's resources. Equating abortion to impending extinction is just a right-wing Faux fear-mongering.

Third, global warming IS a real thing. Average temperature of the globe is rising (and don't give me that line of "Hey, we got snow this year when we didn't in the last 3 or 4 years" line --- That's just weather, not climate. Climate is long term trends and patterns, weather is just daily change in atmospheric conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Bernie's from all-white Vermont. Butchering black kids wouldn't bother him.
That's just garbage slander right there!!! Stereotyping that white people from hyper-white states don't care about the well-being of others. Either present proof he is racist or he didn't say it. Ball's in your court now, skeddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I do wonder, though, how the extreme leftists reconcile a woman's right to choose with the fact that one of their "idols" said that he wouldn't have a problem with limiting the births of Third World babies. Their little minds must be going crazy! (Even crazier than usual, I mean.)
Because in the Economically Advanced World, births already slipped below sub-replacement levels - including the United States. Also, women in the "Third World" have less access to birth control than women in the First World, or even many upper-tier "Third World" countries. This is about giving women the ability to choose to have children or not.

Last edited by Phil75230; 09-06-2019 at 08:50 AM..

Old 09-06-2019, 08:45 AM

13,470 posts, read 10,321,187 times
Quote:
Don’t be fooled by the Left lies that they really care. Deep down they hate humanity!

LOVE it! It really is a matter of WHICH humans you care about. And recognizing, rather than punishing, the challenges of people in the world IS caring.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:54 AM

1,695 posts, read 340,680 times
Quote:

Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood (typical oxymoron) was a devout racist who called anyone other than white "unfit".

Minorities crammed into impoverished areas in inner cities should not be having so many babies. And, of course, these minorities (including most of America’s immigrants) are inferior in the human race, as are the physically and mentally handicapped. We should require mandatory sterilizations of those less desirable and promote easy access to abortion. And since sex should be a free-for-all, we must provide birth control and abortions to teenagers too. It’s all for the greater good and for a more intelligent, liberated, healthier population. - Margaret Sanger

To this day they still set up clinics in the poorest areas. They are managing the black population. It's sick.

She is a hero to progressives, also sick.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:24 AM

1,029 posts, read 312,298 times
not sure third world people have a major impact on climate....it would be countries that are trying to industrialize and catch up that being prevented from that cheaper coal electric plant rather than something cleaner and more efficient who have an issue and hardship from the climate people..of course there is/are the Alex Jones types who maintain that the WHOLE climate change movement is based on elites who want to keep the third world poor and exploitative..yes there's that

we can NOT keep making and making people

Old 09-06-2019, 09:28 AM

40,438 posts, read 24,760,007 times
Quote:

An insane statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or