U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
 
13,481 posts, read 4,097,799 times
Reputation: 4021

Advertisements

Successful white countries or even communities were historically successful before being forced to diversify and are successful in spite of diversity not because of it. They'd be more successful with less diversity. Diversity seeks out successful white countries like a parasite does a host. Diversity from non-successful cultures can only make a country less successful not more, not to mention less pleasant and harmonious in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Japan
11,050 posts, read 4,564,352 times
Reputation: 7061
Quote:
Hungary Right Wing Leader
The man's name is Viktor Orban and he is absolutely right. Increased fertility should be the goal for Europe, not a replacement population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
 
5,351 posts, read 1,060,026 times
Reputation: 2131
Two important film moguls were born in Hungary: a county in NE Hungary called Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén has a village called Ricse. This was the birthplace of Adolph Zukor (1/7/1873-6/10/1976), the main founder of Paramount Pictures. Now, almost an hour drive from this village is the village of Tolcsva. Tolcsva was the birthplace of William Fox (1/1/1879-5/8/1952). Like many of their film contemporaries, these film producers were Jewish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Washington State
19,219 posts, read 9,935,897 times
Reputation: 16399
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I wonder why Hungary is not popular with humans? Why are so many leaving this new Right Wing Paradise and going to "liberal" EU countries?

"The country’s nativist prime minister, Viktor Orbán, said it was conceivable that Hungary, with a population of just under 10 million that is shrinking due to low birthrates and emigration of Hungarians to EU states further west, could simply disappear.

It’s not hard to imagine that there would be one single last man who has to turn the lights out,” he said at the opening of the conference on Thursday."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gration-policy

It's sorta humorous that a government has to tell people to "make love" more often....as if people are going to accept the responsibility because some Right Wing Nut told them to?? Would you have kids if Trump told you to do so???

This sounds like old Mother Russia when she needed to make more cannon fodder.

Maybe he should force Hungarians not to leave for more liberal pastures?
I was just in Hungary last October....simply fabulous country that I almost wanted to emirate to. They are still reeling a bit from their infestation with Communism but now it's great to be in Budapest.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
 
16,711 posts, read 4,389,174 times
Reputation: 11654
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The man's name is Viktor Orban and he is absolutely right. Increased fertility should be the goal for Europe, not a replacement population.
Well, peace and harmony should be the goals too.

But we are talking about Reality. Hungarians are not simply going to start breeding large families because The Father told them to.

Many young people and top dogs are leaving (educated young people)......this Right Wing Paradise Viktor is creating isn't working out.

If Hungary is lucky, the Germans will open more factories there to make auto parts for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
 
16,711 posts, read 4,389,174 times
Reputation: 11654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I was just in Hungary last October....simply fabulous country that I almost wanted to emirate to. They are still reeling a bit from their infestation with Communism but now it's great to be in Budapest.!
As a tourist....certainly.

But my take is that you aren't a research scientist who just graduated from university there and want to start a family. If you were you'd be getting job offers from better places and considering a move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
 
16,711 posts, read 4,389,174 times
Reputation: 11654
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Successful white countries or even communities were historically successful before being forced to diversify and are successful in spite of diversity not because of it. They'd be more successful with less diversity. Diversity seeks out successful white countries like a parasite does a host. Diversity from non-successful cultures can only make a country less successful not more, not to mention less pleasant and harmonious in general.
Certainly you've studied the incredibly diverse population of Hungary? From Turks to Croats to Germans to Slavs to Jews (formerly) to Romanians and many others.

In very recent times (even today) many of these groups will tell you that the other groups are nothing like them...nothing at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM
 
13,481 posts, read 4,097,799 times
Reputation: 4021
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Certainly you've studied the incredibly diverse population of Hungary? From Turks to Croats to Germans to Slavs to Jews (formerly) to Romanians and many others.

In very recent times (even today) many of these groups will tell you that the other groups are nothing like them...nothing at all.
From what I know it's like 98% Hungarian there and most of the remainder is white European. But I was making the general point of white countries replacing their population with immigration of non-Europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,560 posts, read 14,233,900 times
Reputation: 6603
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I wonder why Hungary is not popular with humans? Why are so many leaving this new Right Wing Paradise and going to "liberal" EU countries?

"The country’s nativist prime minister, Viktor Orbán, said it was conceivable that Hungary, with a population of just under 10 million that is shrinking due to low birthrates and emigration of Hungarians to EU states further west, could simply disappear.

It’s not hard to imagine that there would be one single last man who has to turn the lights out,” he said at the opening of the conference on Thursday."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gration-policy

It's sorta humorous that a government has to tell people to "make love" more often....as if people are going to accept the responsibility because some Right Wing Nut told them to?? Would you have kids if Trump told you to do so???

This sounds like old Mother Russia when she needed to make more cannon fodder.

Maybe he should force Hungarians not to leave for more liberal pastures?
Hungary WAS a socialist nation.....under the USSR..and was led by the socialists (leftists) until 2010....it has been getting better since

In 2006, major protests erupted after it was revealed that Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsány (socialist) had claimed in a private speech that his party "lied" to win the recent elections. The popularity of left-wing parties plummeted in the ensuing political upheaval, and in 2010, Viktor Orbán's national-conservative Fidesz was elected to a parliamentary supermajority.

At the European elections in May 2019, Viktor Orbán's Fidesz Party secured another a sweeping victory, receiving more than 50 percent of the votes


Hungary is an OECD high-income economy and has the world's 58th largest economy by PPP. It ranks 45th on the Human Development Index, owing in large part to its social security system, universal health care, and tuition-free secondary education. Hungary's rich cultural history includes significant contributions to the arts, music, literature, sports, science and technology. It is the 13th most popular tourist destination in Europe, attracting 15.8 million international tourists in 2017



socialism destroys countries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,560 posts, read 14,233,900 times
Reputation: 6603
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, peace and harmony should be the goals too.

But we are talking about Reality. Hungarians are not simply going to start breeding large families because The Father told them to.

Many young people and top dogs are leaving (educated young people)......this Right Wing Paradise Viktor is creating isn't working out.

If Hungary is lucky, the Germans will open more factories there to make auto parts for them.
Hungary is an OECD high-income mixed economy with very high human development index and skilled labour force with the 16th lowest income inequality in the world, furthermore it is the 15th most complex economy according to the Economic Complexity Index. The Hungarian is the 57th-largest economy in the world (out of 188 countries measured by IMF) with $265.037 billion output, and ranks 49th in the world in terms of GDP per capita measured by purchasing power parity. Hungary is an export-oriented market economy with a heavy emphasis on foreign trade, thus the country is the 36th largest export economy in the world. The country has more than $100 billion export in 2015 with high, $9.003 billion trade surplus, of which 79% went to the EU and 21% was extra-EU trade. Hungary has a more than 80% privately owned economy with 39,1% overall taxation, which provides the basis for the country's welfare economy. On the expenditure side, household consumption is the main component of GDP and accounts for 50 percent of its total use, followed by gross fixed capital formation with 22 percent and government expenditure with 20 percent. Hungary continues to be one of the leading nations for attracting foreign direct investment in Central and Eastern Europe, the inward FDI in the country was $119.8 billion in 2015, while Hungary invests more than $50 billion abroad.

Hungary is a very nice country...and is doing well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top