Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 09:52 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I wonder why Hungary is not popular with humans? Why are so many leaving this new Right Wing Paradise and going to "liberal" EU countries?

"The country’s nativist prime minister, Viktor Orbán, said it was conceivable that Hungary, with a population of just under 10 million that is shrinking due to low birthrates and emigration of Hungarians to EU states further west, could simply disappear.

It’s not hard to imagine that there would be one single last man who has to turn the lights out,” he said at the opening of the conference on Thursday."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gration-policy

It's sorta humorous that a government has to tell people to "make love" more often....as if people are going to accept the responsibility because some Right Wing Nut told them to?? Would you have kids if Trump told you to do so???

This sounds like old Mother Russia when she needed to make more cannon fodder.

Maybe he should force Hungarians not to leave for more liberal pastures?
What the ****? This is a post?

Did you ever hear of this big left-wing disaster called Communism? Hungary suffered under it and it retarded the economy of Hungary, as it it all other central and eastern European countries, on an indefinite basis. That is why people leave eastern Europe to go to western Europe. WESTERN EUROPE WAS NOT DESTROYED BY EXTREME LEFT-WING POLICIES.

As for declining birthrates, all industrialized countries have them, including non-western countries such as Japan, China and South Korea. It is a natural consequence of women's rights. When they don't have to have 15 kids, they don't.

Really, why do you post on these things when you don't even know basic history or economics? Why not listen and learn instead of talking about things that are out of your depth?

Really? You are blaming the current regime for Hungary being economically backward? Really?

Just wow.

Last edited by cachibatches; 09-06-2019 at 10:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 09:57 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Certainly you've studied the incredibly diverse population of Hungary? From Turks to Croats to Germans to Slavs to Jews (formerly) to Romanians and many others.

In very recent times (even today) many of these groups will tell you that the other groups are nothing like them...nothing at all.
Hungary's population was 9,937,628 according to the 2011 census, making it the fifth most populous country in Central and Eastern Europe and medium-sized member state of the European Union. Population density stands at 107 inhabitants per square kilometre, which is about two times higher than the world average. More than one quarter of the population lived in the Budapest metropolitan area, 6,903,858 people (69.5%) in cities and towns overall

According to the 2011 census, there were 8,314,029 (83.7%) ethnic Hungarians, 308,957 (3.1%) Romani, 131,951 (1.3%) Germans, 29,647 (0.3%) Slovaks, 26,345 (0.3%) Romanians, and 23,561 (0.2%) Croats in Hungary; 1,455,883 people (14.7% of the total population) did not declare their ethnicity. Thus, Hungarians made up more than 90% of people who declared their ethnicity.[4] In Hungary, people can declare more than one ethnicity, so the sum of ethnicities is higher than the total population

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary

Old 09-06-2019, 10:13 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Successful white countries or even communities were historically successful before being forced to diversify and are successful in spite of diversity not because of it. They'd be more successful with less diversity. Diversity seeks out successful white countries like a parasite does a host. Diversity from non-successful cultures can only make a country less successful not more, not to mention less pleasant and harmonious in general.
Well, let's take West Virginia as an example. Pretty homogenous. Also pretty economically depressed, too. Not surprisingly, it's not a magnet for people from other places to move to.

That pretty much refutes your ethnic purity thesis.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, let's take West Virginia as an example. Pretty homogenous. Also pretty economically depressed, too. Not surprisingly, it's not a magnet for people from other places to move to.

That pretty much refutes your ethnic purity thesis.
I never said there weren't a few less successful white communities and I never said anything about ethnic purity. I said increasing ethnic diversity in a white community especially from unsuccessful regions adds no benefit to the white community. Diversity just shows up and goes where white communities are already successful and would be better off without the diversity.

Old 09-07-2019, 12:23 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I never said there weren't a few less successful white communities and I never said anything about ethnic purity. I said increasing ethnic diversity in a white community especially from unsuccessful regions adds no benefit to the white community. Diversity just shows up and goes where white communities are already successful and would be better off without the diversity.
Isee that you're backpedaling furiously like an NFL defensive back facing Tom Brady.

Well, that doesn't account for the fact that the Old Southern plantation system wouldn't be successful without the importation of African descended slaves to do the labor. Kind of an inconvenient truth to your ethnic purity theory.

The USA has always had diversity in its population. It's just that folks like you don't recognize that, don't want to recognize the contributions of people who weren't white males to society. And you're bent out of shape that history says otherwise.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:49 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I was just in Hungary last October....simply fabulous country that I almost wanted to emirate to. They are still reeling a bit from their infestation with Communism but now it's great to be in Budapest.!
Many of the former soviet countries are great places, now that they are on the correct path after communism. It will take more time for these places to completely shed the vestiges of that oppressive system, but most of those countries are now on the correct trajectory, but not yet up to the higher conditions of many western European countries some of their people are emigrating into.

I lived and traveled extensively in the region myself for several years. In the Republic of Georgia, many people openly spoke of Germany as a place to go to for work, but would prefer to stay "home"if they could make better wages.

Having tight immigration standards may annoy the left, but Hungary can certianly choose their own path.

Other countries, such as extreme right wing Denmark, with their heavy welfare state systems in place also have issues with aging populations. Gotta have new workers to support the older ones.

Denmark decided to produce PSA's to address the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE2YSYxMVyQ

Old 09-07-2019, 06:07 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Many of the former soviet countries are great places, now that they are on the correct path after communism. It will take more time for these places to completely shed the vestiges of that oppressive system, but most of those countries are now on the correct trajectory, but not yet up to the higher conditions of many western European countries some of their people are emigrating into.

I lived and traveled extensively in the region myself for several years. In the Republic of Georgia, many people openly spoke of Germany as a place to go to for work, but would prefer to stay "home"if they could make better wages.

Having tight immigration standards may annoy the left, but Hungary can certianly choose their own path.

Other countries, such as extreme right wing Denmark, with their heavy welfare state systems in place also have issues with aging populations. Gotta have new workers to support the older ones.

I agree. I was working in Azerbaijian for most of last year and it also is a pretty nice country but I liked Tbilisi and Georgia better. Hungary is doing great and is on a great path, they will reach or possibly exceed western European countries at some point. As I mentioned, I was so impressed with Budapest that I would rank it at or near the to of the countries that I would consider moving to if I decided to leave USA.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:17 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Why would Germany be a "disaster" because they have a minor right wing party? What parliamentary democracy doesn't have a right wing party? It isn't like they have a chance in hell of winning a Parliamentary majority; they're only popular in the "Alabama" of Germany; rural parts of the backward East.

OK, and? Germany has twice the immigration rate of the U.S., so I don't blame half of Germans for not wanting to increase it further (and I'm actually surprised half of Germans want even higher immigration). I don't want higher immigration either, doesn't mean Germany isn't a smashing success.

No. This is all 1000% wrong and proof you're being brainwashed. Germany has essentially zero unemployment and record-low crime. In fact they have a massive worker shortage.

As someone with dual U.S.-German citizenship, I have never seen a safer, happier, more prosperous Germany. I also find it hilarious that some Americans believe Germany is "unsafe", while living in a country where maniacs take loaded military weaponry to Walmart.
LOL. If you don't report the crimes of rapey migrants, that means they never happened.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:52 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post

That PSA really tickled my funny-bone. Thanks for posting it.

(I’m an American who lives in the U.S., but I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Denmark, have a number of Danish friends, and have a number of American friends who live in Denmark)

Old 09-07-2019, 06:57 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
I wonder why Hungary is not popular with humans? Why are so many leaving this new Right Wing Paradise and going to "liberal" EU countries?

"The country’s nativist prime minister, Viktor Orbán, said it was conceivable that Hungary, with a population of just under 10 million that is shrinking due to low birthrates and emigration of Hungarians to EU states further west, could simply disappear.

It’s not hard to imagine that there would be one single last man who has to turn the lights out,” he said at the opening of the conference on Thursday."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gration-policy

It's sorta humorous that a government has to tell people to "make love" more often....as if people are going to accept the responsibility because some Right Wing Nut told them to?? Would you have kids if Trump told you to do so???

This sounds like old Mother Russia when she needed to make more cannon fodder.

Maybe he should force Hungarians not to leave for more liberal pastures?
Didn't Paul Ryan and Steve King tell us the same thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies