U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 09:42 AM

29,147 posts, read 15,803,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratto22 View Post
I bet you say they same thing about African americans and hispanics, too.
I'm black and get profiled all of the time. Do I like it? No. However, it's a fact of life. And with how those in radical Islam regard our country - it would be naive to totally dismiss the possibility of anti-Americanism being a motive here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 09:52 AM

18,292 posts, read 11,572,970 times
Whether this man was doing it for personal gain or some ulterior motive, none of that matters. He was entrusted to perform his job in a manner that would protect people and keep them safe. He purposely did something that affected the navigation system, and not only needs to be fired, but prosecuted . This is no little thing he did, it could have caused very serious damage and loss of life.....regardless of the back up systems in place.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 AM

1,302 posts, read 235,698 times
Does he work for Boeing too?

Old 09-06-2019, 10:01 AM

35,758 posts, read 19,665,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
American Airlines Mechanic Accused of Sabotaging Plane

An American Airlines mechanic is accused of sabotaging a flight over stalled union contract negotiations. According to a criminal complaint affidavit filed in federal court, Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani admitted during an interview Thursday that he tampered with a navigation system on the plane so that he could collect overtime work. The plane, with 150 people on board, was scheduled to fly from Miami to Nassau in the Bahamas on July 17. As the pilots powered up the plane at Miami International Airport, they saw an error message for a system that tracks speed, nose direction, and other critical flight information and aborted the takeoff, the AP report. When mechanics examined the plane, they found a piece of foam glued inside a navigation system part called an air data module.

So is he a union thug or a radical Islamist?

I don't care what kind of dispute is taking place... there are lines you don't cross. He crossed it by fooling with systems that would have affected the plane in auto-pilot mode.
Abdul needs to spend a good part of his remaining years in the crossbar hotel for that little stunt.

Maybe Gitmo...

Old 09-06-2019, 10:03 AM

19,367 posts, read 9,381,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Does he work for Boeing too?
No. The article indicated he was an "American Airlines Mechanic".

Old 09-06-2019, 10:11 AM

25,174 posts, read 12,337,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
American Airlines Mechanic Accused of Sabotaging Plane

An American Airlines mechanic is accused of sabotaging a flight over stalled union contract negotiations. According to a criminal complaint affidavit filed in federal court, Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani admitted during an interview Thursday that he tampered with a navigation system on the plane so that he could collect overtime work. The plane, with 150 people on board, was scheduled to fly from Miami to Nassau in the Bahamas on July 17. As the pilots powered up the plane at Miami International Airport, they saw an error message for a system that tracks speed, nose direction, and other critical flight information and aborted the takeoff, the AP report. When mechanics examined the plane, they found a piece of foam glued inside a navigation system part called an air data module.

So is he a union thug or a radical Islamist?

I don't care what kind of dispute is taking place... there are lines you don't cross. He crossed it by fooling with systems that would have affected the plane in auto-pilot mode.
Both.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:30 AM

1,470 posts, read 513,087 times
Quote:
Just the name alone will get the conservatives/libertarians all excited:

Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani

Remember kids, if your name looks like the one above, you are a terrorist. No matter what
Libertarians? Lol......

Old 09-06-2019, 11:38 AM

29,147 posts, read 15,803,006 times
Quote:
You may not like it, but you accept it. And that's sad that you accept the fact discriminated is ok in your book.

How do you know this guy is "radical islam??
I said possibility - going by his name... just like people go by my skin color.

I understand profiling... I don't accept discrimination based on race. There is a difference.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:25 PM

23,217 posts, read 17,164,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why are we letting Muslims/Arabs work on our planes? I think I better fly another airline.
Quote:
Another brand new account, jumping right on in to the P&OC forum - call me a skeptic.

Let's pretend that you're brand new: You don't know Ponderosa that well to accuse him of what you just did.

Quote:
You may not like it, but you accept it. And that's sad that you accept the fact discriminated is ok in your book.

How do you know this guy is "radical islam??
How do you know he's not?

Old 09-06-2019, 03:30 PM

631 posts, read 126,543 times
Quote:
Is massive airport security required because of African Americans and Hispanics?

Asking for a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or