U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
 
13,530 posts, read 4,103,248 times
Reputation: 4028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Asians have higher incomes, per capita, because of Asian Indians mostly. The policy of this country and its H1b visas is to bring over highly educated workers, usually technical. In other words, white CEO of companies need these tech workers in their businesses. Apparently the US does not produce enough of these workers to fill the demand. If you have a problem with the gap between whites and Asians in this country...then all you have to do is revoke the H-1b visa program.
The only thing that might be true is Asians are selective immigration of the more intelligent. But the Asian population is not all immigrant and has had educational and economic success rivaling whites, leave alone blacks, for many decades that is not explained by H-1b visa program. The important point is people from all over the world do better than whites if they have the natural ability and put in the effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
 
10,299 posts, read 7,004,809 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
That's fine. If you want to self-segregate, won't hurt my feelings. Just don't be all mad when whites do the same thing.

Well....it is in response to what whites did. That is what whites have done for over 300 years. You are acting like blacks started this. We need to REPAIR ourselves from the accrued impact of whites having done this for centuries. Not only did whites do that....they actively worked to repress blacks. Now....whites don't want to be responsible for undoing what whites of the past did.....because "they never owned a slave". So what are blacks left to do but to try to REPAIR the damage themselves by favoring things black over things white so that we can reach racial parity. Why would whites want to do it, AGAIN, unless its to maintain racial superiority? We are doing it to catch up....why do you need to do it if you are already far ahead? It would only be so that you could stay ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM
 
5,584 posts, read 3,125,980 times
Reputation: 3350
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Maybe itís time for this ***** to leave the public square. She should be grateful these schools are giving degrees to people who donít really deserve to be there.
huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Up North
4,498 posts, read 1,156,361 times
Reputation: 2663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....it is in response to what whites did. That is what whites have done for over 300 years. You are acting like blacks started this. We need to REPAIR ourselves from the accrued impact of whites having done this for centuries. Not only did whites do that....they actively worked to repress blacks. Now....whites don't want to be responsible for undoing what whites of the past did.....because "they never owned a slave". So what are blacks left to do but to try to REPAIR the damage themselves by favoring things black over things white so that we can reach racial parity. Why would whites want to do it, AGAIN, unless its to maintain racial superiority? We are doing it to catch up....why do you need to do it if you are already far ahead? It would only be so that you could stay ahead.

Awfully broad brush there. You like to assign collective guilt to whites - "all whites" this, "all whites" that. My ancestors never owned slaves or ever treated non-whites bad.


Are you okay if whites assign collective guilt to blacks? "All blacks" are criminals and thugs and on welfare?


See how that collective guilt thing works??


Go ahead and wrongfully assign collective guilt to ALL whites; don't be all triggered if you get a dose of the same coming right back at you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,427 posts, read 41,448,757 times
Reputation: 30337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If the races are inherently equal, then after 300 years, the only reason there wold be inequality between the races, within the same country, is due to DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!



Hence, the ONLY way you can resolve an inequality is VIA DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If one of your legs is broken.....you have to discriminate in favor of the broken leg for it to heal and become approximately equal with the other leg. You can't say treat both legs the same and expect the broken leg to get well.


I did not follow the link and hence have not taken the time to read the article yet. However, my first thought is that these black athletes bring in Billions (collectively) to those institutions.....while black colleges and university struggle to stay viable. Note: Any race is free to go to a HISTORICALLY black college and or University.



White people say that blacks should solve the problems of blacks......after they tell us that they never owned any slaves. Well....what the hell do you think that looks like, meaning, what do you think that would look like when blacks start helping to lift up blacks? It will LOOK LIKE DISCRIMINATION. It will be discrimination because the only way you resolve the unequal status of blacks is for someone to discriminate to favor blacks. Since whites don't want to do that.....since they never owned any slaves.....and since they don't want one red cent of their hard earned tax dollars going to help......then black people have to take the lead by discriminating to promote things black.


Any object moved from its equilibrium, by a force, will require an equal and opposite force to restore the object to equilibrium.
The logic abounds. You cannot correct an imbalance by treating the imbalanced entities the same. She might be a racist.....but she might also have the solution to the problems of blacks.


Whats wrong in my logic?


For one thing, it's illogical. Newton's laws of motion apply to objects, not to people and society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,678 posts, read 11,734,847 times
Reputation: 4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I didn't because you waved your hands about magical lawn mowing businesses etc. somehow making up for the fact that kids with 19 ACT's are getting int 28 ACT admission schools.

It's not more complex. The admission standards for athletes are lower.
Its not "magical", its realizing that colleges take far more into account than ACT scores. A college will take the kid with 50 extracurricular and a 2.5 GPA , 22 on the ACT over the 3.5 GPA, 28 ACT does nothing outside of read books any day of the week.

My school system wasnt the best, but even they told us why we needed to buff up our college resume's before Junior year of high school.

Quote:
Heck, that's why Harvard is in the NCAA tourney almost every year now after 60 years of not going. Their own coach told the school that on condition of hiring him they were going to have to "work with him on admissions".

Or if you perfer, why some bigtime basketball schools have been sued for graduating players that read at a 3rd grade level.

Not sure where you went to college but that would be a definitely lowered admission standard for my alma mata letting in people reading at a 3rd grade level.

LMFAO ROTF, You do not believe what you just wrote do you ?

first off, Harvard has had the same head coach since 2007.

second, The NCAA tourney isnt the 68 best teams, its 32 automatic bids and 36 at large bids. You could go 0-fer in your season and win the conference tourney and get in on an automatic bid at 4-28. Or you could go 30-2 and not get in because your conference is weak and you lost in the title game.

Case in point, there has never been an at large bid from the Ivy League because the league is horrible.

3rd, the Ivy League is an 8 team league of mostly nerds who happen to be good at sports. There have been years where the entire Ivy League was ranked above 100, LOL

To get in the Tourney, you simply have to come in 1st out of those 8. Its not that hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,720 posts, read 22,614,224 times
Reputation: 13974
We racist Republicans are realizing what a huge waste of time and money Professional American Sports has become.

A way more interesting sport is watching the democrats, the Lamestream Blamestream Fakestream Mainstream media, academia, the "Intelligence"Community, etc eat their own on a daily basis.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
 
10,299 posts, read 7,004,809 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Awfully broad brush there. You like to assign collective guilt to whites - "all whites" this, "all whites" that. My ancestors never owned slaves or ever treated non-whites bad.


Are you okay if whites assign collective guilt to blacks? "All blacks" are criminals and thugs and on welfare?


See how that collective guilt thing works??


Go ahead and wrongfully assign collective guilt to ALL whites; don't be all triggered if you get a dose of the same coming right back at you.

A man steals something and goes into a room filled with other people. Someone then says "the thief is in this room". The thief then says to the people in the room "They are saying that EVERYONE in the room is a thief". Why would the thief do that?


The answer is that the thief wants to rally the innocent to help cover his guilt and to discredit the accuser in the eyes of others.


It's disingenuous to say what you said. Your paraphrasing is in essence a straw man. If someone says that your team is terrible or great, one cannot assume that everyone on the team is a terrible or great player. You need to study the fallacy of composition and the fallacy of division before you make another attempt at a rebuttal. No one has claimed that ALL whites are anything. I know how to use qualifiers just as well as you. You just want to deflect from the truth by making it a claim against all whites. All whites don't have to participate in a wrong for that wrong inflicted upon a group of people, by those whites who did participate, to have produced said effect.....and YOU KNOW THAT! However, you just need to try to put me on the defense to keep me from scoring on the offensive with the TRUTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
 
2,933 posts, read 1,692,542 times
Reputation: 1997
Why are some accusing her of racism? If Blacks are discriminated against and kept down by White society, then it really makes sense for them to build their own parallel society where they can flourish among themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Up North
4,498 posts, read 1,156,361 times
Reputation: 2663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No one has claimed that ALL whites are anything. I know how to use qualifiers just as well as you. You just want to deflect from the truth by making it a claim against all whites. .

Wrong. The Left is absolutely accusing all whites of being racists and sub-human garbage today. That's the truth.


And you are the one deflecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top