Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 11:52 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,636,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You should count you blessings you weren't born in Africa.

Whenever I would p-ss and moan to my daddy about how bad I had it, he would say "be glad you weren't born in Africa".

And you know what? You weren't no slave, and I wasn't no slave owner (not even one single ancestor of mine, contrary to Fake News), so you really need to get with the program chief. (double negatives in context ).

There isn't one of your long-lost cousins in Liberia who wouldn't trade places with you in a half a second flat if given the chance. And you aren't doing yourself a single favor by moping about how bad you have it or how rigged the system is.

The irony of you and me back and forth here is I'm actually on your side here. I actually support what Hill said, believe it or not.

I count my blessing for waking up each morning and being able to live another day, with health. There are plenty of places, also, in the US, that I count my blessing that I did not grow up. You should count your blessing that you did not grow up in a Chicago housing project...no. You might not even be alive today had you.

Yes, whenever I think about what I don't have.....unfortunately there are people who have it worse....and there are people doing worse than me on every continent and country. It never once dawned on me to feel especially blessed or comforted by not living in Africa. I have actually visited a couple of countries in Africa....and despite poverty....people seem fairly happy on the surface...based upon their expression relative to people in this country. People here have lots of material things.....but many are unhappy because they figured those material things would make them happy.

I also live in a community with lots of African immigrants. I have good friends who were born in Africa. Guess what.....a couple of them CHOSE to go back to their countries.....because they did not like it here and it was not what the had thought or been told. Others have stayed and plan on never going back....but MOST I know want to go back to their country to live eventually.

Look at this VLOG from Nigeria. It looks like this young lady can't wait to get out of Africa and come live in Chicago or Detroit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ap3pKtp6Y4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVA2zrRC_WE

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-08-2019 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 12:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,798,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah....silly me.....seeking socioeconomic racial equality for blacks is a delusion of grandeur. I guess when you see a race as inferior, like many see the black race,....it make sense that they would see the quest for racial equality as a "delusions of grandeur"
How about seeking average socioeconomic racial equality with Asians in America? Or better yet how about seeking crime rate or two-parent family rate racial equality with Asians? That would be a higher goal and make more sense as both are minority groups.

Stop concerning yourself about what whites socioeconomic status is. You should be grateful the socioeconomic inequality isn't as great as between Nigeria and the Netherlands which is where it naturally would be without integration also known as racial imposition and parasitism.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
How about seeking average socioeconomic racial equality with Asians in America? Or better yet how about seeking crime rate or two-parent family rate racial equality with Asians? That would be a higher goal and make more sense as both are minority groups.

Stop concerning yourself about what whites socioeconomic status is. You should be grateful the socioeconomic inequality isn't as great as between Nigeria and the Netherlands which is where it naturally would be without integration also known as racial imposition and parasitism.

The beautiful thing is that you have no say in what I chose to juxtapose blacks with. Thanks for your suggestions but I am going to stick with what I said......like it or not.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:34 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,798,001 times
Quote:
The beautiful thing is that you have no say in what I chose to juxtapose blacks with. Thanks for your suggestions but I am going to stick with what I said......like it or not.
I know you will continue to envy and spite and obsess over white success levels relative to black. It's a common form of colorism and racism. I'm just pointing it out where it exists.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I know you will continue to envy and spite and obsess over white success levels relative to black. It's a common form of colorism and racism. I'm just pointing it out where it exists.

Ok...Knock yourself out. I am comfortable with that.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-08-2019 at 02:00 PM..

Old 09-08-2019, 02:18 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,334,810 times
You can try to dismiss her article but the cold reality is Black Americans have historically generated huge amounts of revenue for White people. The obvious one is slavery but it happened to a lesser degree in many other areas, like White musicians making money off of Black invented musical styles, Black athletes making White run companies like Nike tons of money, etc, etc.

If an elite student athlete receives $50k in tuition and room/board benefits but generated $500k in revenue for the school administrators and coaches that's not +50k it's -450k. While they are treated far better than the best treated slave the parallel that a Black laborer is generating revenue for rich White people while only receiving housing and food is stark. Most college athletes don't generate revenue but the handful of elite athletes generate enormous amounts of it yet aren't allowed any percent of it. While they play without receiving pay they risk career diminishing / ending injuries.

I get Jemelle's reasoning but it would only reduce the problem if elite athletes generated revenue for other Blacks. The answer is a legit minor league to football and basketball where each athlete can gain a fair portion of the revenue they generate. It's not that radical an idea, it's the norm in the USA in every sport except football and basketball and for all sports in every single other nation on earth.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:37 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,038,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
You can try to dismiss her article but the cold reality is Black Americans have historically generated huge amounts of revenue for White people. The obvious one is slavery but it happened to a lesser degree in many other areas, like White musicians making money off of Black invented musical styles, Black athletes making White run companies like Nike tons of money, etc, etc.

If an elite student athlete receives $50k in tuition and room/board benefits but generated $500k in revenue for the school administrators and coaches that's not +50k it's -450k. While they are treated far better than the best treated slave the parallel that a Black laborer is generating revenue for rich White people while only receiving housing and food is stark. Most college athletes don't generate revenue but the handful of elite athletes generate enormous amounts of it yet aren't allowed any percent of it. While they play without receiving pay they risk career diminishing / ending injuries.

I get Jemelle's reasoning but it would only reduce the problem if elite athletes generated revenue for other Blacks. The answer is a legit minor league to football and basketball where each athlete can gain a fair portion of the revenue they generate. It's not that radical an idea, it's the norm in the USA in every sport except football and basketball and for all sports in every single other nation on earth.
Blacks are playing games that were invented by whites. Basketball was a whitemans game - invented by an "old white man" (the most evil person in teh world, according to liberals) and entirely played by white boys. Same with football.

Lebron James - a person who has spent every waking hour of his life playing basketball - probably hasn't read one book his entire life, has some d-mn nerve vilifying "old white men" when it's the only reason he's not in prison or begging on the street because of an "old white man" inventing his precious basketball.

Can you say cultural appropriation???

That's right, that's cutural appropriation. Oh, you will blame whites for stealing rock and roll, but blacks culturally appropriated basketball and football. Granted the Patriots kick -ss and take names like no other team in history and their entire offense has at times been white boys.

Also golf and baseball. If not for a bunch old white Scots, no Tiger Woods.

And how many blacks and other races have gotten the best educations money could buy, for free, because of those white inventions? You could argue that is an even bigger positive outcome than some crazy contract, because in the real world the truth is that very small percentage of athletes hit that lottery.

Last edited by Kavalier; 09-08-2019 at 02:47 PM..

Old 09-08-2019, 02:45 PM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times
Quote:
Not the same thing. If you have been attacked with violence, unprovoked, should you go to jail for using violence to defend yourself and undo the advantage over you that the person gained via violence upon you? What you would call "racism" from blacks is a reactive defensive behavior to gain back what was lost from being attacked with racism. If whites do it today, while still being statistically way ahead of blacks....the only rational would be to preserve/conserve their socioeconomic lead and advantage. Blacks do it to try to reach parity and undo what was done against them in the past....whites do it to preserve white superiority over blacks.
a get out of jail free card. see folks, no matter what happens it’s always whitey’s fault.
VERY convenient.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
a get out of jail free card. see folks, no matter what happens it’s always whitey’s fault.
VERY convenient.

When whitey leaves/left Europe, traveling the world and interfered/interfering in the lives of other peoples, their resources, their lands, their borders, their labor, their geography, their freedom, their culture, their psychology, their economics, etc......its hard to control for it and say that certain problems are not whitey's fault.....because whitey was definitely involved.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 09-08-2019 at 03:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies