U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM
 
13,479 posts, read 4,097,799 times
Reputation: 4021

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, jeezus, what a silly analogy.
How about if a black person shoots another black person, blame whitey ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Austin
12,482 posts, read 7,105,025 times
Reputation: 13879
I don't have a bit of problem with Hill's premise. In fact, black college athletes supporting black universities makes complete sense to me. I support her idea.


https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...lleges/596629/

Bringing elite athletic talent back to black colleges would have potent downstream effects. It would boost HBCU revenues and endowments; stimulate the economy of the black communities in which many of these schools are embedded; amplify the power of black coaches, who are often excluded from prominent positions at predominantly white institutions; and bring the benefits of black labor back to black people.

In the general culture, prominent figures such as Beyoncé, LeBron James, and the recently slain rapper Nipsey Hussle have argued that African Americans should be using their talents not just to enrich themselves but to help strengthen and empower black communities. “Gentrify your own hood before these people do it,” Jay-Z rapped at the concert that reopened Webster Hall in New York City in April. “Claim eminent domain and have your people move in.”



Now all Hill has to do is convince the black high school athletes to choose to play at these black schools. the athletes make the decisions for themselves after all. will they decide to play for the good of the black community at a black university or for their own self interest at a high profile mostly white university? time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM
 
10,273 posts, read 7,001,359 times
Reputation: 4286
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
No you established you believe whites are a morally and ethically inferior race and you want to discriminate against them.

I simply believe that groups are not identical and so it is expected they will have different group outcomes. Some things blacks are better at like running, jumping, boxing, shooting hoops, being aggressive and being disorderly etc and some things whites or Asians are better at swimming, wrestling, strongest man contests, technology, being less aggressive and being orderly etc.

Everything you said there says you believe in inherent racial superiority and inferiority. I never even implied that whites are morally inferior. Whites have oppressed whites. Blacks have oppressed blacks. Whites oppressing whites and blacks oppressing blacks does nothing to lift up either race as its a zero sum game. However, whites have oppressed blacks socioeconomically via slavery and discrimination, as well as resource confiscation, while blacks have not done that to whites. Hence, there is no offset for white oppression of blacks and therefore that is why there is socioeconomic racial inequality in this country today. If blacks were morally superior then we would not have a history of oppressing other blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
 
10,273 posts, read 7,001,359 times
Reputation: 4286
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't have a bit of problem with Hill's premise. In fact, black college athletes supporting black universities makes complete sense to me. I support her idea.


https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...lleges/596629/

Bringing elite athletic talent back to black colleges would have potent downstream effects. It would boost HBCU revenues and endowments; stimulate the economy of the black communities in which many of these schools are embedded; amplify the power of black coaches, who are often excluded from prominent positions at predominantly white institutions; and bring the benefits of black labor back to black people.

In the general culture, prominent figures such as Beyoncé, LeBron James, and the recently slain rapper Nipsey Hussle have argued that African Americans should be using their talents not just to enrich themselves but to help strengthen and empower black communities. “Gentrify your own hood before these people do it,” Jay-Z rapped at the concert that reopened Webster Hall in New York City in April. “Claim eminent domain and have your people move in.”



Now all Hill has to do is convince the black high school athletes to choose to play at these black schools. the athletes make the decisions for themselves after all. will they decide to play for the good of the black community at a black u.niversity or for their own self interest at a high profile mostly white university? time will tell.
s


Time has already told. The answer is NO. We live in an individualistic society where most people are out for themselves. Rap music is what it is today because artist lyrics represents where the money is....what sells in a consumer market for rap dominated by white consumers. Athletics is the same thing. The largest consumers of athletics, for entertainment, are whites. Whites disproportionately have more money than other groups, as well as being the racial majority in the nation. Thus, if you want the big money.....you have to go where whites are buying.


The reason the racial gap in economics stopped closing is because blacks became more individualistic with the rest of the nation. Blacks need more unity and more discrimination to favor other institutions and peoples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
 
2,377 posts, read 1,150,107 times
Reputation: 1546
OMG That person wants to go back to the 70's with all the fighting between whites and blacks in schools?

The news media talks about problems with Chicago 2019? Trust me, murders were higher in 1970's in Chicago with race. Whites and Blacks were at war in the 70's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
 
13,479 posts, read 4,097,799 times
Reputation: 4021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Everything you said there says you believe in inherent racial superiority and inferiority. I never even implied that whites are morally inferior. Whites have oppressed whites. Blacks have oppressed blacks. Whites oppressing whites and blacks oppressing blacks does nothing to lift of either race as its a zero sum game. However, whites have oppressed blacks socioeconomically via slavery and discrimination, as well as resource confiscation, while blacks have not done that to whites. Hence, there is no offset for white oppression of blacks and therefore that is why there is socioeconomic racial inequality in this country today. If blacks were morally superior then we would not have a history of oppressing other blacks.
Slavery from over 150 years ago is irrelevant. Slavery harmed most over 90% of whites who never even owned a slave at the time. Blacks do oppress whites at every chance they get, affirmative action, reverse-discrimination and racism, property and violent crime, various impositions etc. You are still arguing whites are morally inferior. Besides, whites did what they had to do to keep their race and culture from being subsumed by non-whites or to remain or maintain near the status they'd be in the absences of non-whites. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM
 
12,060 posts, read 2,998,150 times
Reputation: 5644
There is a myth that only white people can be racists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM
 
13,479 posts, read 4,097,799 times
Reputation: 4021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
s


Time has already told. The answer is NO. We live in an individualistic society where most people are out for themselves. Rap music is what it is today because artist lyrics represents where the money is....what sells in a consumer market for rap dominated by white consumers. Athletics is the same thing. The largest consumers of athletics, for entertainment, are whites. Whites disproportionately have more money than other groups, as well as being the racial majority in the nation. Thus, if you want the big money.....you have to go where whites are buying.


The reason the racial gap in economics stopped closing is because blacks became more individualistic with the rest of the nation. Blacks need more unity and more discrimination to favor other institutions and peoples.
Oh yeah? What's there to say whites shouldn't have more of a gap between them and everyone else and reach parity or ahead of Asians? Whites need more unity and more discrimination to favor them over others. How do you like those apples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
 
52,642 posts, read 42,297,933 times
Reputation: 32913
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
this isnt really true. Every university has minimum admissions standards. they do this because you cant just judge someone based on grades and well yes, it means athletes get in.
So I say that standards for admission are lower for athletes which was how the UCLA admission scam was being worked and you say it's not true that they have lower standards of admission?

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...ons-advantages

I so shocked you don't know this I'd almost think you told me the earth was flat. (seriously)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
 
5,351 posts, read 1,060,026 times
Reputation: 2131
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
There is a myth that only white people can be racists
The idea that only White people can be racist is a racist idea itself. Some of the most vicious racists I have seen or heard are non-White!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top