Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 07:47 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedThink View Post
Your logic definitely makes sense!

However, there are those who will refuse to acknowledge it due primarily to the privilege that has been obtained due to the past discrimination and virulent prejudice against black people.

The wealth that was initially obtained has now become inter-generational wealth. The racist institutions have now become entrenched and fosters the continuation of the wealth. The cycle continues...

Racists know this and understand this!

Racism exists but will not stop a person from being successful! If it means that a person has to work harder, then so be it! If it means that a person has to outread others, then so be it! If it means that a person has to sacrifice, then sacrifice!

Continually attempting to inform racists about their racism is really a fruitless exercise and frankly a waste of time!

I would dare say that every post on these political forums is a waste of time....unless one finds entertainment value in it. Opinions are not changed here. No....racism of today does not stop someone from being successful, but it can impact the level of their success. Racism impact comes in degrees, not absolutes such as "if there were truly racism them why are some blacks successful"? That is not how it works or has ever worked. Some blacks have always made it....despite racism.....but just think how much more successful they could have been without those obstacles? The goal is not to explain the the absolute condition of blacks, but rather, the relative position of blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Would it be racist if if someone said white people should do the same? The answer to that is your answer.

Not the same thing. If you have been attacked with violence, unprovoked, should you go to jail for using violence to defend yourself and undo the advantage over you that the person gained via violence upon you? What you would call "racism" from blacks is a reactive defensive behavior to gain back what was lost from being attacked with racism. If whites do it today, while still being statistically way ahead of blacks....the only rational would be to preserve/conserve their socioeconomic lead and advantage. Blacks do it to try to reach parity and undo what was done against them in the past....whites do it to preserve white superiority over blacks.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:56 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Not the same thing. If you have been attacked with violence, unprovoked, should you go to jail for using violence to defend yourself and undo the advantage over you that the person gained via violence upon you? What you would call "racism" from blacks is a reactive defensive behavior to gain back what was lost from being attacked with racism. If whites do it today, while still being statistically way ahead of blacks....the only rational would be to preserve/conserve their socioeconomic lead and advantage. Blacks do it to try to reach parity and undo what was done against them in the past....whites do it to preserve white superiority over blacks.
as long as they learn to do what the police tell them, they should be ok.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
At least you admit it. Most of the Left doesn't have the stones to admit it, but I will give you credit, you do.

And it's exactly why this country will never see peace.

Hey....call it what you want but if someone jumps you and starts whooping your arse....regardless of how wrong you may think violence is.....if you don't try to use violence to offset your arse whooping....you are going to end up in the hospital or dead. Then again....trying to fight back might just tick off the aggressor even more and make them rationalize hurting you more. There is always that possible and probable reaction from the aggressor. I certainly can see many whites feeling justified to be even MORE racist, in light of blacks efforts TO PICK THEMSELVES UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS BY MAKING EFFORTS TO FAVOR OTHER BLACKS.

Keep in mind that any choice a person makes means they have discriminated. The only time you don't discriminate is when you have no choice....and you always have a choice....but you just discriminate in favor of not wanting to suffer the consequences.

The right should equally realize, like you say the left will not come out to say, that when you call for blacks to solve the problems of blacks....you are implicitly telling blacks to target and discriminate your energies, time and money towards black. If it is directed towards blacks....it implicitly is discrimination away from non blacks.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:17 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Hey....call it what you want but if someone jumps you and starts whooping your arse....regardless of how wrong you may think violence is.....if you don't try to use violence to offset your arse whooping....you are going to end up in the hospital or dead. Then again....trying to fight back might just tick off the aggressor even more and make them rationalize hurting you more. There is always that possible and probable reaction from the aggressor. I certainly can see many whites feeling justified to be even MORE racist, in light of blacks efforts TO PICK THEMSELVES UP BY THEIR BOOTSTRAPS BY MAKING EFFORTS TO FAVOR OTHER BLACKS.

Keep in mind that any choice a person makes means they have discriminated. The only time you don't discriminate is when you have no choice....and you always have a choice....but you just discriminate in favor of not wanting to suffer the consequences.

The right should equally realize, like you say the left will not come out to say, that when you call for blacks to solve the problems of blacks....you are implicitly telling blacks to target and discriminate your energies, time and money towards black. If it is directed towards blacks....it implicitly is discrimination away from non blacks.

You're 12% of the population. You aren't even that significant in the grand scheme. Latinos are passing you by daily.

Delusions of grandeur.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
You're 12% of the population. You aren't even that significant in the grand scheme. Latinos are passing you by daily.

Delusions of grandeur.

Yeah....silly me.....seeking socioeconomic racial equality for blacks is a delusion of grandeur. I guess when you see a race as inferior, like many see the black race,....it make sense that they would see the quest for racial equality as a "delusions of grandeur"

Old 09-07-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah....silly me.....seeking socioeconomic racial equality for blacks is a delusion of grandeur. I guess when you see a race as inferior, like many see the black race,....it make sense that they would see the quest for racial equality as a "delusions of grandeur"
There people of all races suffering iAmerica. Whites too. For you to think you're special...yep, what I said before.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
There people of all races suffering iAmerica. Whites too. For you to think you're special...yep, what I said before.

There are people of all races in the NBA as well. People of all races having children of out wedlock, committing violent crime, on welfare (even the model minority Asian), etc.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:15 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Anything Jemele Hill says is likely to fall on deaf ears. Black athletes are going to go wherever they want to go. Even the most "woke" Black athlete will attend a predominantly White university for the right price. Money talks, bull feces takes the bus.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
There are people of all races in the NBA as well. People of all races having children of out wedlock, committing violent crime, on welfare (even the model minority Asian), etc.
You should count you blessings you weren't born in Africa.

Whenever I would p-ss and moan to my daddy about how bad I had it, he would say "be glad you weren't born in Africa".

And you know what? You weren't no slave, and I wasn't no slave owner (not even one single ancestor of mine, contrary to Fake News), so you really need to get with the program chief. (double negatives in context ).

There isn't one of your long-lost cousins in Liberia who wouldn't trade places with you in a half a second flat if given the chance. And you aren't doing yourself a single favor by moping about how bad you have it or how rigged the system is.

The irony of you and me back and forth here is I'm actually on your side here. I actually support what Hill said, believe it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies