Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 04:24 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,406,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
California has the right to set a higher standard due to their exemption, everything was fine until Trump rolled back the Obama standards. Car companies actually wanted the standards relaxed, not entirely cancelled. They did not want to end up with two sets of standards, one for CA and the other states that were suing and the rest of the nation.

Plenty of good reasons for increased mileage requirements event if you don't believe in climate change, less pollution, more energy independence.

Every industry is subject to regulation, do you believe removing lead from the air should have been a free market decision.
Oh I would much rather have kept the higher fed standards.

I just think this action is WAY more asinine than cancelling those even was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 04:36 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Oh I would much rather have kept the higher fed standards.

I just think this action is WAY more asinine than cancelling those even was.
This is very disjointed, the car manufacturers don't want two different standards and that is why they are attempting to compromise, This DOJ lawsuit is silly, Trump should show some leadership and come up with a solution rather than making a bad situation worse. Companies like stability, this is problematic.

Old 09-06-2019, 04:57 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is more than opposing states rights.

It's also opposing the free market rights of a corporation to choose to make a business decision based partly on environmental impact.
Here come them 'small government' Trumpconservatives again

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Am I reading this right?! Trump's DOJ is filing suit against automakers for wanting to make cars MORE energy efficient?

IS THERE A SINGLE TRUMP SUPPORTER THAT HAS THE HUMILITY TO ADMIT THIS IS ABOSLUTE MADNESS?!

What -- does Trump's DOJ prefer MORE pollution via automobiles?!
The answers to your questions are NO and YES.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is very disjointed, the car manufacturers don't want two different standards and that is why they are attempting to compromise, This DOJ lawsuit is silly, Trump should show some leadership and come up with a solution rather than making a bad situation worse. Companies like stability, this is problematic.
I blame California for trying to dictate to a manufacturer what to build that could impact people in other states.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:05 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I blame California for trying to dictate to a manufacturer what to build that could impact people in other states.
Me too and leftist regulation in general. Thanks to regulations and women making most car buying decisions, and even help design more like screw up vehicles, and weeny millennial males, most vehicles have become overpriced, poor drivability, less reliable, uncool soccer mom utility vehicles.. Leftist take the fun out of everything.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:05 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Quote:
Auto manufacturers just wanted to deal with adults. Children currently run the federal government.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:22 PM

9,873 posts, read 7,195,178 times
Quote:
No, i don’t want California standards forced on me. I don’t want their power sapping garbage installed on my motor.
Um - you know that all cars have been built to CARB standards for well over a decade now.......it makes no sense for auto makers to manufacture to different standards so they use CARB standards.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:40 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
Um - you know that all cars have been built to CARB standards for well over a decade now.......it makes no sense for auto makers to manufacture to different standards so they use CARB standards.
It makes no sense to have CARB standards anymore. California shouldn't get to dictate something nationally that falls under the commerce clause. CARB was probably unconstitutional. Leftist claim everything is under the commerce clause, except something like emission standards which is one case of something that should be. Requiring me to buy a CARB standard vehicle violates my civil rights.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:46 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This is unbelievable! Trump is using the DOJ -- weaponizing it actually
OMG! The DOJ is being weaponized.....? Well that's never happened before! Says Comey/McCabe/Strohk/Brennan/Orr and company.......

You're funny!!

Old 09-06-2019, 05:50 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,631,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It makes no sense to have CARB standards anymore. California shouldn't get to dictate something nationally that falls under , except something like emission standards which is one case of something that should be. Requiring me to buy a CARB standard vehicle violates my civil rights.
Oh so tell how your civil rights were violated **chuckle snort**.

California only dictated California, didn’t it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies