U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old Today, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Places you dream of
20,609 posts, read 12,349,552 times
Reputation: 8937

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Are you for real? We can't even provide for our own poor and needy right now!
Oh we can. We donít. But we certainly can - stop golf alone - feed all of Floridaís homeless !
Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 07:03 PM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,484 posts, read 4,320,503 times
Reputation: 8040
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Oh we can. We donít. But we certainly can - stop golf alone - feed all of Floridaís homeless !
True. We give the wealthiest Americans more tax breaks at the expense of the middle and lower classes. We are told that wealth will "trickle down" to the common people but it never does. Yet, everyone still believes it will because they have warm fuzzy feelings about Ronald Reagan and his "morning in America" Presidency.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:18 PM
 
16 posts
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, they just aren't as stupid as we are in allowing in every poor beggar that crashes our shores. China and other Asian countries do not have high birth rates. They allow in very little immigration and are adamant about retaining their native cultures and demographics.
China is a whole different ball game, it is a country with a billion people and only about 400 million of them being in the middle class so the rest of them are those poor beggars. obviously the rich country with only 300 million people can just let some people in, not that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You can't civilize the less civilized world populations. They beat you down with stupidity and backwardness down to their level.
Are you speaking from personal experiences you have with immigrants from these "less civilised" places? i can assure you these people tend to integrate into American culture quite quickly and can hold a good life here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our own citizens should get those jobs not immigrants or asylum seekers. The latter don't have the skills for those jobs anyway. Illegals aliens have already taken most construction jobs and reduced wages for Americans.
I mean they both can, immigrants and americans already work together in the current working class demographic, we'll just have to continue that trend.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:25 PM
 
13,467 posts, read 4,093,729 times
Reputation: 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpusa View Post
Are you speaking from personal experiences you have with immigrants from these "less civilised" places? i can assure you these people tend to integrate into American culture quite quickly and can hold a good life here.


Yes I'm speaking from experience and no most of the third worlders do not fully integrate. I wouldn't care if they did although it would be better. I don't want all these unaesthetic and incompatible foreign people coming here regardless. I wouldn't even want so many, 1 million to 2 million immigrants and illegals/year, if they were all from Britain and as compatible as can be.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:29 PM
 
37,839 posts, read 16,733,631 times
Reputation: 10271
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpusa View Post
China is a whole different ball game, it is a country with a billion people and only about 400 million of them being in the middle class so the rest of them are those poor beggars. obviously the rich country with only 300 million people can just let some people in, not that big of a deal.



Are you speaking from personal experiences you have with immigrants from these "less civilised" places? i can assure you these people tend to integrate into American culture quite quickly and can hold a good life here.



I mean they both can, immigrants and americans already work together in the current working class demographic, we'll just have to continue that trend.
We are trillions in debt and we already let "some" people in. At least China's beggars are their own beggars.

You must not get out much. Many "immigrants" don't integrate into our society. I'm concerned about Americans having a good life first and once that's accomplished then we can consider giving a good life to more immigrants.

If new construction jobs open up Americans should get first dibs at them especially since illegal alien stole so many of those jobs from them already.

A newbie in here putting "immigrants" first. Hmm.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:36 PM
 
Location: the Sticks
9,278 posts, read 2,634,294 times
Reputation: 4935
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpusa View Post
Its not hard to do both
Yes, except that we don't do both and haven't done both, so call me a skeptic, but Ill believe it when I see it. So you say we can do both? Prove it, but a better idea is to first take care of our own and then worry about others.

Shame on any politician who is making illegal immigrants a priority.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:47 PM
 
13,929 posts, read 7,592,301 times
Reputation: 12665
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You work for USCIS? DOS? Many not even making that far being denied at country
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not only refugees. 2018 about 1000 visas denied. Now over 37,000. Green card denials might also have skyrocketed- but too early to give the new numbers for 2019 with mrTs new rules. What is his real vision?
Did you even read what you posted? You are claiming 1,000 visas were denied last year and now it is over 37,000. That is ridiculous.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:52 PM
 
16 posts
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We are trillions in debt and we already let "some" people in. At least China's beggars are their own beggars.

You must not get out much. Many "immigrants" don't integrate into our society. I'm concerned about Americans having a good life first and once that's accomplished then we can consider giving a good life to more immigrants.

If new construction jobs open up Americans should get first dibs at them especially since illegal alien stole so many of those jobs from them already.

A newbie in here putting "immigrants" first. Hmm.
If you do a big enough infrastructure plan you can easily have enough jobs for immigrants and americans, every country is in debt and at the moment the economy is not the worst. most americans are getting off quite fine, we can double down start a construction boom with a infrastructure bill , let in plenty of refugees and we can all live very well. however we will have to make big cuts to the defence budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes, except that we don't do both and haven't done both, so call me a skeptic, but Ill believe it when I see it. So you say we can do both? Prove it, but a better idea is to first take care of our own and then worry about others.

Shame on any politician who is making illegal immigrants a priority.
or we can just look at people as people and we have to aknowledge the different kind of people we have in our country and its best we reach out to EVERYONE.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:19 PM
 
37,839 posts, read 16,733,631 times
Reputation: 10271
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpusa View Post
If you do a big enough infrastructure plan you can easily have enough jobs for immigrants and americans, every country is in debt and at the moment the economy is not the worst. most americans are getting off quite fine, we can double down start a construction boom with a infrastructure bill , let in plenty of refugees and we can all live very well. however we will have to make big cuts to the defence budget.



or we can just look at people as people and we have to aknowledge the different kind of people we have in our country and its best we reach out to EVERYONE.
Who says we have enough money for big infrastructure jobs? You aren't getting the point at all. What I said is that Americans should get dibs on those job first. There will be enough Americans to take those jobs so that leaves immigrants and asylum seekers out! Doesn't matter if many or most Americans are doing fine we are still trillions in debt!

We don't need plenty of immigrants or refugees for anything. Re-read my prior posts as to why and the negative impact it has on our society allowing so many of them in. I'm tired of repeating myself while you still falsely claim that we need these foreigners. What makes you think we can make big cuts to our defense budget? We are already diverting funds from that budget to build the wall on our southern border.

So your idea, of reaching out to everyone in the world is to import them all into our country? WTH?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top