U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 09:16 PM

2,782 posts, read 848,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You can thank the Federal Reserve's zero interest rate - free money - and massive infusion of money - QE -persistent for 6 years, 2009 - 2015 (September), for the bulk of the expansion.

Just as the Fed is now telegraphing - Powell's statement this past week - that they will keep the strong economy going by lowering interest rates.

Get educated, stop with the sycophantic adulation, be realistically smart.
Then why was it harder for Obama?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:54 PM

10,254 posts, read 6,782,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
If you really believe in the party switch, YOU'RE part of the problem
Sonny boy, go back to school and learn your lessons, please. It's not about me.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Sonny boy, go back to school and learn your lessons, please. It's not about me.
You're talking to someone who's in their last year of High school buddy

And for your information I technically have taken 5 US history classes, even if my memory is blurred a bit I still have some decent memory

If the party switch was real, how do you explain most riots happening in liberal cities at that time? I'll wait

And wth is a sonny boy? Lol

Now let me alone and enjoy my sleep

But please keep the Kool Aid

Old 09-09-2019, 12:48 AM

23,699 posts, read 11,743,630 times
Quote:
You're talking to someone who's in their last year of High school buddy

And for your information I technically have taken 5 US history classes, even if my memory is blurred a bit I still have some decent memory

If the party switch was real, how do you explain most riots happening in liberal cities at that time? I'll wait

And wth is a sonny boy? Lol

Now let me alone and enjoy my sleep

But please keep the Kool Aid
Riots and protests happened in every corner of this country. If you mean to say why did they happen in large cities, it is simply because of the ability to organize in large numbers.

I have no idea why we debate the idea of party switchers, you can google them and see who has switched parties. there are like 12 current Republicans senators who were once Democrats, a couple of governors too. Mind you, this switch happened 20/30 years ago, so many have long since retired, so go back one governing generation and the numbers are even higher.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Riots and protests happened in every corner of this country. If you mean to say why did they happen in large cities, it is simply because of the ability to organize in large numbers.

I have no idea why we debate the idea of party switchers, you can google them and see who has switched parties. there are like 12 current Republicans senators who were once Democrats, a couple of governors too. Mind you, this switch happened 20/30 years ago, so many have long since retired, so go back one governing generation and the numbers are even higher.
I get where you're coming from, but even modern day most riots still tend to happen in blue cities and states

Only major ones that happened in somewhere red where probably the Cleveland riots of 2001 and the St Louis riots of 2011

However, doesn't bigger goverment lead to more clueless police state enforcing since bigger goverment means that the police can follow orders just from not confiscating a proper warrant?

And also, doesn't bigger goverment always lead to more improperly trained police at all costs???

Old 09-09-2019, 01:07 AM

39,894 posts, read 48,400,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The economic expansion that is still going today started in 2009.
^^That is correct, Trump is riding the coat tails of Obama's great economy from Bushes failures. And Trump is also adding trillions to the deficit lowering the value of the dollar.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
^^That is correct, Trump is riding the coat tails of Obama's great economy from Bushes failures. And Trump is also adding trillions to the deficit lowering the value of the dollar.
Jesus Christ, you guys really want to take Obama so bad when one of his tax cuts even backfired

Let Trump do his job, his intentions I am sure are going to speak louder in 2020 and by the end of 2024

Old 09-09-2019, 03:58 AM

19,259 posts, read 9,330,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Right. When did the 2007 Great Recession end?
We had a 1.6% average GDP growth rate under Obama even with Fed putting interest rates near ZERO. That is anemic and pathetic. Also, we did not see unemployment drop to the historically low rates until Trump. Obama even liked $4/gallon gasoline during his term. Plus, don't forget. You didn't build that.

Worst recovery ever even with two Trillion dollar stimuli and zero interest rates. Embarrassing.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:16 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,100,440 times
Democrats have nothing on racism against Trump and continually throw the word at him to try and make it stick. That is what democrats do. It also plays on the emotions of the low information voters who feed votes to the democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Trump is terrible at being a racist. What kind of racist lifts an entire generation of minorities out of subservience and out of food stamps. Trump is giving racists a bad name.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...smallest-ever/

Old 09-09-2019, 11:04 AM

23,699 posts, read 11,743,630 times
Quote:
I get where you're coming from, but even modern day most riots still tend to happen in blue cities and states

Only major ones that happened in somewhere red where probably the Cleveland riots of 2001 and the St Louis riots of 2011

However, doesn't bigger goverment lead to more clueless police state enforcing since bigger goverment means that the police can follow orders just from not confiscating a proper warrant?

And also, doesn't bigger goverment always lead to more improperly trained police at all costs???

Again, numbers matter. If you are say, black and live in a small town, you arent going to start trouble, especially when the police can do what ever they want to you and there is no one around to back up your claim.

As for your questions, no, bigger government doesnt lead to either of the things you listed. Bad government does, and bad government comes in every form, big or small, red or blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies