U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 03:12 PM

14,031 posts, read 8,800,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, at the very least, since they did exist before the Constitution, they are mentioned in it under "arms".
And the well regulated militia has every right to own them. Along with tanks, anti-aircraft missiles and hand grenades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:13 PM

30,835 posts, read 15,875,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
No one is throwing away rights. If you like your gun you can keep your gun. If you want to sell it, We The People, will buy it.
Wassa Problem?
Do you not even read what you wrote?

Quote:
I stand by my comments. Magazine fed and clip fed weapons should not be sold to civilians or even by civilians to others.
I am not for gun control. I am for gun elimination, at least for certain types of gun.

MAGA

Old Today, 03:13 PM

122 posts, read 10,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm still waiting to hear about what part of "shall not be infringed" you're having trouble understanding...
Man, I must be hungover or something.....

When a person is convicted of a felony, they lose certain rights, one of which is the right to keep and bear arms.....a right that you do not possess cannot be infringed. Does that answer the question, or did I totally misunderstand it?

From 'The Law Dictionary'
"Convicted felons lose rights from voting to employment, depending on their state of residence. While some of the rights convicted felons lose may be restored over time, some of the rights are lost forever. Throughout the United States, some of the general rights convicted felons lose are as follows:
Voting
Traveling abroad
The right to bear arms or own guns
Jury service
Employment in certain fields
Public social benefits and housing"

Old Today, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you not even read what you wrote?
Yes.
But you didn't go back to my original position.

Quote:
Sort of both...

* I would outlaw all clip and magazine fed semiautomatic weapons. Not to be sold to the public under any circumstances ever again.
* Institute a buy-back program for the guns that are out there. But no penalty for owning the ones that you have.
* Constitutional carry should be a reality in all states. If you want to carry a gun, you may. A revolver that cannot be quickly reloaded will do nicely.

Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) fired about 150 rounds and killed 26 people in a matter of minutes. He used weapons that were legally purchased, although not by him. If I were "in charge" those magazine fed and clip fed guns would never be sold in stores or shows again.

Old Today, 03:16 PM

4,748 posts, read 2,755,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
All violent felons are incarcerated for life, no parole.

All guilty of murder receive the death penalty.

Everyone else as a free citizen enjoys their 2nd amendment rights as written, with no restrictions up to and including any weapons that can or could be used by a single soldier during the course of war.
So RPG, hand grenades, .50 caliber sniper rifles, full automatic machine guns are all legal in your world?

Old Today, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Yes.
But you didn't go back to my original position.
There is nothing different in that. You want to ban guns.

Try reading your post again.

Old Today, 03:24 PM

10,186 posts, read 5,637,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
So RPG, hand grenades, .50 caliber sniper rifles, full automatic machine guns are all legal in your world?

Don't see why not or at the very least, if the police have them as that they are in the civilian world, so should the civilians.

Old Today, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There is nothing different in that. You want to ban guns.

Try reading your post again.
Oh, I see it now............ I said, "I want to ban guns"!
I hadn't noticed where I said that.

Old Today, 03:26 PM

7,038 posts, read 3,486,835 times
Quote:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

It says the right of a people to keep a well regulated militia shall not be infringed.
I know. I'm just waiting for him to commit to arguing that we shouldn't take infringe literally, so we can regulate gun ownership. And here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Man, I must be hungover or something.....

When a person is convicted of a felony, they lose certain rights, one of which is the right to keep and bear arms.....a right that you do not possess cannot be infringed. Does that answer the question, or did I totally misunderstand it?

From 'The Law Dictionary'
"Convicted felons lose rights from voting to employment, depending on their state of residence. While some of the rights convicted felons lose may be restored over time, some of the rights are lost forever. Throughout the United States, some of the general rights convicted felons lose are as follows:
Voting
Traveling abroad
The right to bear arms or own guns
Jury service
Employment in certain fields
Public social benefits and housing"
So you don't know what "infringe" means? Bc stripping a right that's inalienable is, by definition, infringing on it.

But you support doing that for prisoners... Which would mean that you don't take the clause "shall not be infringed" to be a literal and complete exemption from all rules and regulations on gun control.

Which is a position you just called me dense a few posts ago for supporting... Yet here you are, supporting it. Interesting.

Old Today, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Oh, I see it now............ I said, "I want to ban guns"!
I hadn't noticed where I said that.
So, you have no reading comprehension of even what you write. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies