U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:49 AM

5,881 posts, read 2,408,909 times

Advertisements

You're not going to get rid of guns. It's too late for that. I'd make it mandatory all citizens have guns on their person when in public.

Then I'd wait for the herd to thin itself out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:51 AM

20,615 posts, read 12,353,684 times
Stop gun fairs and on line shopping. Limit the type of weapon banning the types that are killing tons of people in less than a minute. Control bullet sales.

Old Today, 07:57 AM

104 posts, read 22,916 times
Use a gun in a felony grade crime, you get an automatic death sentence upon conviction that must be imposed within ten calendar days of the conviction.

Old Today, 08:06 AM

5,843 posts, read 4,838,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
1. Make Constitutional Carry a reality.
2. Enforce the laws that are already on the books concerning 'gun' crime.
3. Get rid of Criminal Safe Zones. (aka gun-free zones.)

Old Today, 08:18 AM

10,164 posts, read 5,637,075 times
Well, first of all, I would change the system so defending your life does not put you in a legal nightmare, of being sued and the other side trying to show that you were in the wrong when they, their deceased client, attacked you.

We are in the insane world where we carry a gun all the time to prevent a show of premeditation, to have this defence with us all the time and not only when we fear........and hence, to the uninformed, it seems we fear all the time.

Secondly, I would look into how to demilitarize the police. How, I don't know. Whether for them not to have the weapons of the military or to convert them from crime fighter mentality to community agent mentality or what, but it seems that as we add more shock troopness to the police, we up the ante to others.

Third, I would do away with 24 hour news channels, news as entertainment, and just get back to limited news broadcasts during the day, such as at 0700, noon, 1730-1830, 2200.

Fourth, I would do away with TV series that focus on a type of crime, make it a form of entertainment (I absolutely detest L&O: SVU because I do not believe that sexual violence should be a form of entertainment) or at the very least, forbid networks from showing shows that stir the pot while promoting the view point that civilians should not be armed.
For a start.......

Old Today, 08:26 AM

14,063 posts, read 11,047,953 times
I would put a loaded assault rifle in the hands of every nutcase, militant, child, and drooling hillbilly; then I would declare we're finally safe because everyone is armed and ready to pull the trigger to defend themselves at any time. Then I would scream "Go!" and get the war zone under way. Last one standing wins!

This message brought to you by the NRA and their subordinates, the GOP.

Old Today, 08:32 AM
TKO

3,271 posts, read 3,192,016 times
License, Insurance and Registration.

Mandatory training for everyone, even non-gun owners, would be a good thing too.

If we're going to be a gun culture country we should embrace it and do it intelligently.

Old Today, 08:33 AM

34,823 posts, read 18,887,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I would put a loaded assault rifle in the hands of every nutcase, militant, child, and drooling hillbilly; then I would declare we're finally safe because everyone is armed and ready to pull the trigger to defend themselves at any time. Then I would scream "Go!" and get the war zone under way. Last one standing wins!

This message brought to you by the NRA and their subordinates, the GOP.

Another self proclaimed adult that can only have a real conversation about guns and gun laws....

Old Today, 08:35 AM

56,082 posts, read 75,144,084 times
I would do like Switzerland give everybody one and reinstitute the draft

Old Today, 08:37 AM

10,206 posts, read 4,772,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
1. Make Constitutional Carry a reality.
2. Enforce the laws that are already on the books concerning 'gun' crime.
Have Marshall law in the inner city and execute anyone using a gun in a crime. Most gun homicides are there so it should reduce the number of gun deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies