Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 10:35 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
People with guns for protection typically live in fear. Attackers with guns don't fear people.

Muzzle loaders are effective hunting,protection, and even suicide.

Buy back discussion could be around tax credits or split over a few years. Would depend on the numbers per state.

Registration could be left up to the state, but I'd say $50-$100.
If you think that muzzle loaders are good for protection, you don't know much about guns.
And I would like to see you face a feral hog with a muzzle loader. They almost never come down with one shot. I own a rifle and a pistol that are muzzle loaders. I have shot them. They were okay if you were only facing other muzzle loaders and only one person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:36 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
1. Any and every person in the government not 100% behind the whole constitution of the united states is deported or sent to GITMO.
2.The UN needs to be dismantled.
3.Any one not 100% american expelled.
4.The only ones capable of voting are legal citizens as set forth in the 1930s
5.The only ones capable of being president must also meet the same requirements of that age.
6. NO one for any reason (except insanity, whom also cannot ever vote) is exempt from some service to the country for at least 2 years ,no less.
During that time , no matter their station, they are trained in fire arms and required to qualify. and get required training in law and medicine or forensic science.
Only those that qualify as a citizen and work have access to national health care. Being born here is not qualification for citizenship. One must pass a citizenship class and take the oath of citizenship.
Prison convictions remove one's voting ability permanently unless the conviction is overturned.
Minors do not get records expunged, they remain on permanent record .
Gang affiliation get deported/jailed permanently regardless of the level of involvement.
Criminal organizations and all participants and immediate families are all executed publicly .If one receives benefits from the criminal they are just as responsible. The same with corrupt judges and law enforcement.
Threats to another person's life, by text, oral, or brandishing something that can be considered a weapon, is considered attempted murder. A person that abuses this calling, is criminally liable and looses the right to vote along with bearing all court costs.
In the case of rape or consensual sex and a fetus is produced, the one having forced or encouraged the event is 100% responsible for the child's up bringing even if it is adopted out. Being mindful that a man can be threatened into sex the female is potentially 100% responsible.
Out side of a court's determination on individual cases, all abortion is considered murder.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:48 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,797,654 times
Quote:
People with guns for protection typically live in fear. Attackers with guns don't fear people.
I do not live 'in fear' There is a big difference in that and just simply being prepared....

Quote:
Muzzle loaders are effective hunting,protection, and even suicide.
They do not provide adequate protection against human attackers or animals. Have you ever stared down a pack of coyotes stalking your place? Once the shooting starts, adrenaline will cause your aim to be 'off'.That's why we need normal capacity magazines and not the 10 rounders. 10 rounds can go in the blink of an eye.

Quote:
Buy back discussion could be around tax credits or split over a few years. Would depend on the numbers per state.
At an average of 10 million per state, that's gonna add up.....

Quote:
Registration could be left up to the state, but I'd say $50-$100.
I thought you said it was gonna be expensive...?

Old 09-08-2019, 11:43 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
1. Any and every person in the government not 100% behind the whole constitution of the united states is deported or sent to GITMO.
2.The UN needs to be dismantled.
3.Any one not 100% american expelled.
4.The only ones capable of voting are legal citizens as set forth in the 1930s
5.The only ones capable of being president must also meet the same requirements of that age.
6. NO one for any reason (except insanity, whom also cannot ever vote) is exempt from some service to the country for at least 2 years ,no less.
During that time , no matter their station, they are trained in fire arms and required to qualify. and get required training in law and medicine or forensic science.
Only those that qualify as a citizen and work have access to national health care. Being born here is not qualification for citizenship. One must pass a citizenship class and take the oath of citizenship.
Prison convictions remove one's voting ability permanently unless the conviction is overturned.
Minors do not get records expunged, they remain on permanent record .
Gang affiliation get deported/jailed permanently regardless of the level of involvement.
Criminal organizations and all participants and immediate families are all executed publicly .If one receives benefits from the criminal they are just as responsible. The same with corrupt judges and law enforcement.
Threats to another person's life, by text, oral, or brandishing something that can be considered a weapon, is considered attempted murder. A person that abuses this calling, is criminally liable and looses the right to vote along with bearing all court costs.
In the case of rape or consensual sex and a fetus is produced, the one having forced or encouraged the event is 100% responsible for the child's up bringing even if it is adopted out. Being mindful that a man can be threatened into sex the female is potentially 100% responsible.
Out side of a court's determination on individual cases, all abortion is considered murder.
Sounds like you would love living in Saudi Arabia or Iran. They meet most of your requirements.

Old 09-08-2019, 01:53 PM

25,568 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
so a manufacturing and sales ban coupled with confiscation?
I have made it absolutely clear that I would not be in favor of confiscation. Manufacturing and sales ban would do the trick given enough time.

It is clearly a dishonest term. "Crowd Killers" is a term I made up. To me, it is an apt description.

Confiscation with payment is not "fair" either. Then don't accept it. Keep your gun.
And No, no "they" did not buy it back.. If "they" did not buy your clunker car back it is because you chose to keep it. It would be the same with the weapon buy-back being discussed.

Any magazine fed or clip fed firearms, would be all but 0.01% of all firearms in existence in the US.
Perhaps you are unaware of what the term "clip fed" or even "magazine fed", encompasses.
I am a fully qualified gun owner, and intend to keep my guns - none of which are auto loaders. I operated a M1919 30 cal machine gun while in VietNam during the '68 Tet Offensive and have routinely used several semiautomatic weapons.
I stand by my statement that clip fed and magazine fed weapons should not be sold to civilians.
I am a Republican who will not vote Democrat, but I am not a one-issue voter.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:24 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,928,486 times
What makes me laugh about the gun issue is how the SJWs clutch at their pearls over a mass shooting committed by a White guy, but completely ignore the DOZENS of people murdered in Black on Black crime every weekend in Chicago because that would just be inappropriate to mention.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Quite the opposite.

I know on road trips with my family, we will be perectly safe if we break down in the middle of know where.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:45 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
I saved my life twice with a handgun while working in the inner city. I will keep mine, thank you.

Old 09-08-2019, 02:59 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I saved my life twice with a handgun while working in the inner city. I will keep mine, thank you.
Did you?

Or did you pull your gun because you had it on you?

I've been threatened in the inner city also, but never felt the need to have a gun, or a knife for that matter. Knowing how to defuse, rather than accelerate, a situation goes a long way. Situational awareness will allow you to avoid the most dangerous confrontations. That, and don't be involved with drugs. Or hookers.

The tough man act will get you into trouble. A sense of humor goes a long way in dissipating issues.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:02 PM

50,263 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Plenty of states have registration without any issues, what is the problem.
Show me one State that has registered most of it's firearms. One. It doesn't exist.

Your side told our side we had to register semi auto long guns with features and we told your side to pound sand. Your side said we had to register existing handguns. Would you like more sand?

You don't consider that a problem? Ok, neither does our side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies