U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:54 PM

161 posts, read 12,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
I lived in Oakland,Ca for more than 10 years and worked for the railroad in and around the worst cities from Richmond,Ca down to Fresno,Ca. Can you imagine how bad the housing is next to all those rail road tracks for 200 miles? Most jobs were working night shift on the weekends. Richmond and Oakland were constantly top 5 per capita for murder rate while I was employed. You have no idea of my experience around gun play.
I can see why he does though....for someone with the life experience you claim to have, you sure are naive....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM

35,941 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
I lived in Oakland,Ca for more than 10 years and worked for the railroad in and around the worst cities from Richmond,Ca down to Fresno,Ca. Can you imagine how bad the housing is next to all those rail road tracks for 200 miles? Most jobs were working night shift on the weekends. Richmond and Oakland were constantly top 5 per capita for murder rate while I was employed. You have no idea of my experience around gun play.
Why would you want to disarm yourself knowing what you know? You aren't going to disarm those very people you speak of no matter how many new laws you try and get introduced.

Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

521 posts, read 478,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I can see why he does though....for someone with the life experience you claim to have, you sure are naive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why would you want to disarm yourself knowing what you know? You aren't going to disarm those very people you speak of no matter how many new laws you try and get introduced.

No one said I'm trying to disarm everyone. Read the thread guys.

It sure isn't going to be an overnight process that's for sure. By your stance we should be buying a lot more guns then?

Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM

35,941 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
Make bullets and reload shells $100/ea.

Update the background check policy.

Make fingerprint safety lock modifications seamless.
Quote:
Make it law to sell ammo at $100+ each. Make every shot count.

A fingerprint system that attaches to your gun or is built in much like your phone needs to be developed. Similar to an infrared sensor.

While we're at it offer a buy back of all assault rifles.
Quote:
You sound like you live in fear. May I suggest you find an island? Much safer..
Quote:
Bow and arrow. There's no skill in hunting with todays guns cmon.

Practice with a muzzle loader, those bullets could be priced at todays rates. No need for semi auto.

Govt could buy back slowly and sell them to another country.
Quote:
Muzzler loaders bring back the sport of hunting. Eliminate the high powered scopes with mag rounds. Where you actually have to sneak in closer to your kill and exercise.

Again muzzle rounds would be todays pricing.

Smart gun technology should also be "developed" as an accessory to your current gun. Anyone that's registered their weapon would need to go through an inspection like a smog shop.

As for selling back your weapons that is on you. If you decide to keep them registration is gonna be expensive.

Anyone caught with an unregistered gun can work in the labor camps and do their time.

Muzzle loaders bring back the sport to what it was... 2nd amendment era... real sportsmen.
Quote:
They make perfect sense and open a dialogue.. you just are too lazy to wrap your head around sacrificing for the betterment of man kind.
Quote:
People with guns for protection typically live in fear. Attackers with guns don't fear people.

Muzzle loaders are effective hunting,protection, and even suicide.

Buy back discussion could be around tax credits or split over a few years. Would depend on the numbers per state.

Registration could be left up to the state, but I'd say $50-$100.
Quote:
I never said no guns. Just a compromise to the epidemic facing our society. We're a very selfish and paranoid country that is largely more uptight with the advent of the internet.
Quote:
That's just it.. gun nuts fear totalitarianism, marshall law and feel the need to be prepared. Too many Hollywood movies and fear mongering. It's not about totalitarianism in the least bit, just fair compromise and a reduction across the board.

The NRA theme of "give an inch and they'll take a mile" theme is so dated. I realize it's not easy not getting something in return for giving up something, but that is what civilized people do. People give up smoking indoors, buy unleaded gas, perform smog inspections, use less water for the yard, cut out plastic bags, give up car pool lanes,pay bridge tolls, drive electric cars for a tax break etc... to live in a modern society. Seems to be working well for nearly every country outside of the U.S. this cowboy up attitude is far too ancient and self serving imo.
Quote:
No one said I'm trying to disarm everyone. Read the thread guys.

It sure isn't going to be an overnight process that's for sure. By your stance we should be buying a lot more guns then?
We did. What you want would require all of us to volunteer and that's not going to happen if you were in charge. You'd have to live in an underground bunker with 24/7 protection if you even tried it.

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

16,716 posts, read 16,855,624 times
DP for certain crimes involving guns, one year or less, your goose is cooked.

Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM

19,315 posts, read 7,592,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
There are known demographics in fairly concentrated areas committing the bulk of gun crime.

I would focus there.

Amen. More Stop & Frisk than ever, until the rate of gun crimes drops drastically.

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

3,566 posts, read 2,405,210 times
Kick the NRA to the curb, that manipulate and hinder any progress in gun laws. Enforce the laws on the books we already have.

Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM

10,193 posts, read 5,640,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Kick the NRA to the curb, that manipulate and hinder any progress in gun laws. Enforce the laws on the books we already have.

Can we do that to Biden? For what he said of why they don't enforce when the nics check turns someone away for trying to buy a gun?

Old Yesterday, 06:37 PM

12,386 posts, read 15,374,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...make it mandatory that every kid has to serve at least 2 years in the military
I agree there should be some kind of national service, though not necessarily the military. After all, not everyone is cut out for that, even many who want to enlist. But what does that have to do with firearms?

Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

9,286 posts, read 2,637,489 times
If I was god and Emperor? I would enforce the laws and punish the criminals. The criminals being anyone who used a firearm in the commission of a crime. I would require all firearm sales to go through a licensed FFL dealer. Background checks on all gun purchases and all gun both pistol and long guns registered. Shrinks would be required to report questionable patients. I would also introduce a law called You own it, You Own it.
Meaning if a gun registered to you is used in a crime you get the same jail time as the offender. You will have 24 hours to report a stolen gun. This will take care of a lot of straw purchases. It will also provide people with the incentive to not only own but actually use a gun safe.

Gun dealers will reserve the right to refuse sales to any customer with whom they feel uncomfortable selling too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies