U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:12 AM

2,448 posts, read 1,227,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Friends I would let everyone (other than proven felons and severe mental disorders) own a gun . They can have as many as they want BUT.....they can never ever leave their personal property WITH a gun if they dont have a special carry permit.... no exceptions...Hard jail time for any person caught with a gun and no permit.....no exceptions...
What do I do if I want to go to the range?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:15 AM

30,896 posts, read 15,891,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
What do I do if I want to go to the range?
The goal is to pile on as many restrictions and severe penalties that your are banned from having a gun in application.

Old Today, 05:23 AM

5,049 posts, read 2,266,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Please apply lots of restrictions to speech as well.

I don't think so.

Old Today, 05:46 AM

33,935 posts, read 14,284,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The goal is to pile on as many restrictions and severe penalties that your are banned from having a gun in application.
What restrictions prevent you from owning a gun other than an background check.

Old Today, 07:36 AM

35,963 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I can't even buy the handgun I want in CA because the Company won't bow to the roster extortion fees.

Old Today, 07:38 AM

35,963 posts, read 32,677,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, you couldn't name the decision which makes safe storage requirements unconstitutional but deflected.

Why does the USA have the highest rate of suicide by guns in the world? Ready access to guns not in safe storage could help lower that sad reality by a lot.

Read that again. The USA has the HIGHEST rate of suicide by firearms in the entire world. The HIGHEST! Why do you think that is?
You can't control what goes on in someone's house no matter how much you want it. Such stupid laws are not enforceable therefor why do they even exist. We have such low IQ laws here in CA. When you are filling out the paperwork a question is, what make model gun safe do you have. Usually a blank stare because no one memorizes such retarded stuff because they are so expensive *.The guy behind the counter will just blurt one out and you write it in.

Done and done.

*read no one has one

Old Today, 09:08 AM

183 posts, read 15,325 times
Originally posted by Ditchoc:
Thorough back ground checks for gun owners.
They already have them
Reasonable limits the number of guns a person can own with exceptions for dealers, competition shooters.
No. Why?
Everyone that enters the military would undergo thorough back ground and psyche checks.They are issued a side arm and permit to carry for life. It would be their option to carry or not at discharge.
Dumb idea
Reasonable limits to caliber, rounds and fire rates to the general public.
No. Why?
Concealed carry permit would require competency evaluation in laws, handling, marksmanship every 2-5 years.
They already have them

Old Today, 09:13 AM

183 posts, read 15,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You're not in CA are you?
Certain models restricted for no reason
Certain guns not allowed to be in original configuration
Waiting period restrictions
Bullet fees and background checks
Magazine restrictions
Pistol grip restrictions
Flash hider restrictions
Stock restrictions

Lots more, want me to go on. This is what PedroMartinez was referring to (I think)....

Old Today, 10:26 AM

10,250 posts, read 4,777,431 times
Quote:
Safe storage laws not enforceable?

Quote the case law and decisions that state this, and Heller is not the one.
Won't do you much good during a break-in if it is locked in a cabinet.

Old Today, 10:29 AM

10,250 posts, read 4,777,431 times
Quote:
So, you couldn't name the decision which makes safe storage requirements unconstitutional but deflected.

Why does the USA have the highest rate of suicide by guns in the world? Ready access to guns not in safe storage could help lower that sad reality by a lot.

Read that again. The USA has the HIGHEST rate of suicide by firearms in the entire world. The HIGHEST! Why do you think that is?
And yet the Japanese and Russian both have strict gun laws and higher suicide rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies