U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:10 PM

4,883 posts, read 2,628,008 times

Advertisements

One million dollar liability coverage on each firearm owned. If the government can compel liability coverage on automobiles which can be equally as lethal is not used responsibly, they should be able to do the same for firearms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:11 PM

10,174 posts, read 5,637,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Why are you doing target practice at home? Go to a gun range, buy the ammo, work on your aim. When you're done, return unused ammo to the range.

I do practice at a range but I shop around to buy my ammo so I am not paying close to a half dollar a round which is what the range charges.

A box of 50 of .45, say around $22 or more (that's what it was during the Obama administration). Half a case (500 rounds), bought in bulk, $129.59, today's price.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

7,027 posts, read 3,486,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I do practice at a range but I shop around to buy my ammo so I am not paying close to a half dollar a round which is what the range charges.

A box of 50 of .45, say around $22 or more (that's what it was during the Obama administration). Half a case (500 rounds), bought in bulk, $129.59, today's price.
The economics of your gun practice is not my or the law's concern.

You guys always talk about the free market coming up with solutions. I'm sure some range will come up with a membership program to lower your per-round costs.

Old Today, 12:18 PM

11,485 posts, read 18,706,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
One million dollar liability coverage on each firearm owned. If the government can compel liability coverage on automobiles which can be equally as lethal is not used responsibly, they should be able to do the same for firearms.
Like I said the rich would be armed, the rest of the everyday surfs would not.

Also I'm sure the thugs in da hood and biker gangs will be rushing down to the insurance office to get insured. I'm sure when they sell a gun on the street they will ask for proof of insurance before selling it.

You know all these ridiculous proposals being posted would never happen anyway, it would be struck down in court or there would be such massive non-compliance anyway that it would be moot.

Old Today, 12:18 PM

2,537 posts, read 689,384 times
Quote:
Nice except for one little item............we don't trust the government.

Now, if we did, them maybe it could work.

But you know what they say...."Sure, you can trust the government; just ask an indian."
May I ask who are the "we" to whom you refer?

I admit to not understanding your unsettling post. What do you mean and what are you proposing and in what type of America do you and your "we" want to reside?

No snark or sarcasm, mine are genuine questions.

Old Today, 12:19 PM

Quote:
The economics of your gun practice is not my or the law's concern.

You guys always talk about the free market coming up with solutions. I'm sure some range will come up with a membership program to lower your per-round costs.

I put a lot into being perfect. My range membership is around $450.

Whether or not you care about my economics is one thing. What you should care about is that I am never suppose to miss. That if I have to shoot, I hit only who I am shooting at.

Or would you rather that your professionals shoot like the NYPD did a few years ago?

Old Today, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
May I ask who are the "we" to whom you refer?

I admit to not understanding your unsettling post. What do you mean and what are you proposing and in what type of America do you and your "we" want to reside?

No snark or sarcasm, mine are genuine questions.

Do you trust the current administration? Do you trust the previous administration? Would you trust the government located there when New Orleans flooded? Do you trust the government when a major pipe line is proposed in your regions?

The thing is that in order for a lot of these proposals to work, there has to be trust in the government.....and now and in earlier decades, that has been shown to be a fool's folly.

Old Today, 12:25 PM

7,027 posts, read 3,486,835 times
Quote:
I put a lot into being perfect. My range membership is around $450.

Whether or not you care about my economics is one thing. What you should care about is that I am never suppose to miss. That if I have to shoot, I hit only who I am shooting at.

Or would you rather that your professionals shoot like the NYPD did a few years ago?
Your argument is a slippery slope of excuses to prevent laws bc you want to be "perfect" at shooting. That's not a good enough reason.

The added cost of shooting practice is not getting in the way of you being "perfect" bc that's not a realistic standard.

Old Today, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Your argument is a slippery slope of excuses to prevent laws bc you want to be "perfect" at shooting. That's not a good enough reason.

The added cost of shooting practice is not getting in the way of you being "perfect" bc that's not a realistic standard.

If perfect is not an acceptable standard, then the opposite would be that if I miss and an innocent bystander gets hit, do we say that we accept that since we didn't require perfection?

Old Today, 12:32 PM

2,537 posts, read 689,384 times
Quote:
Do you trust the current administration? Do you trust the previous administration? Would you trust the government located there when New Orleans flooded? Do you trust the government when a major pipe line is proposed in your regions?

The thing is that in order for a lot of these proposals to work, there has to be trust in the government.....and now and in earlier decades, that has been shown to be a fool's folly.
The "we" to whom you refer? Are you speaking for an anti-government group? Militias? All gun owners? Your proposals for the type of America in which you want to reside? Your proposals for a peaceful and fulfilling co-existence with your 329 million or so fellow Americans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies