Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 02:53 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What part of "shall not be infringed" are you too dim to understand?
Aha. So you're willing to throw out the National Firearms Act of 1934? I'll take that trade....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 02:58 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Oh , brilliant.....so here's how that goes:
I only have 1 gun
But our records show you have 10
They were all lost on a boat trip
We'll get a warrant to search your house then
Ok, do what ya gotta do

Person takes his 10 (registered) guns out of house to ______, along with his 10 other (non-registered) guns he has. Time passes, guns come back and are extremely well concealed from any future knock-knocks

Multiply this by 30,000,000 gun owners in the US, and at best guess, 500,000,000 guns.

Well this should go like clockwork!
That's fine. I hope you have fun paying the $10k fine for each unregistered gun. I also hope you get hit for a few years in jail too for running an unlicensed gun store -- why else would you need 20 guns on premise? And finally, I hope it was all worth it when you're permanently banned from owning any guns due to your prior gun related offenses

Old 09-07-2019, 02:59 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
Sort of both...

* I would outlaw all clip and magazine fed semiautomatic weapons. Not to be sold to the public under any circumstances ever again.

* Institute a buy-back program for the guns that are out there. But no penalty for owning the ones that you have.
* Constitutional carry should be a reality in all states. If you want to carry a gun, you may. A revolver that cannot be quickly reloaded will do nicely.

Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) fired about 150 rounds and killed 26 people in a matter of minutes. He used weapons that were legally purchased, although not by him. If I were "in charge" those magazine fed and clip fed guns would never be sold in stores or shows again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You know the cops interviewed him, he posted thoughts online, many warned about him. Before the 2nd amendment ever came into play, the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments allowed him to remain free to murder however he saw fit.

It could have been nipped before he ever got a gun, what do you say about that? You are so ready to blame and trash the 2nd, how about the rest?

You can't deny this it is true. While I don't support ending or limiting the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments how is it gun control people are quick to trash the 2nd yet cringe at the thought of other liberties being curtailed?
I certainly can deny it, and I do so now. Magazine fed and clip fed weapons are not mentioned in The Constitution.

You glossed over the part where I said "Constitutional carry should be a reality in all states. If you want to carry a gun, you may. A revolver....."

I stand by my comments. Magazine fed and clip fed weapons should not be sold to civilians or even by civilians to others.
I am not for gun control. I am for gun elimination, at least for certain types of gun.

MAGA

Old 09-07-2019, 03:00 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Aha. So you're willing to throw out the National Firearms Act of 1934? I'll take that trade....
I'm still waiting to hear about what part of "shall not be infringed" you're having trouble understanding...

Old 09-07-2019, 03:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I certainly can deny it, and I do so now. Magazine fed and clip fed weapons are not mentioned in The Constitution.

You glossed over the part where I said "Constitutional carry should be a reality in all states. If you want to carry a gun, you may. A revolver....."

I stand by my comments. Magazine fed and clip fed weapons should not be sold to civilians or even by civilians to others.
I am not for gun control. I am for gun elimination, at least for certain types of gun.

MAGA
The internet, television and radio are mentioned under protection of sppech. Time to eliminate?

Phones and computers aren't mentioned. You want police to be able to seize and search those without probable cause or a warrant?

You're real quick to throw away rights you don't like.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm still waiting to hear about what part of "shall not be infringed" you're having trouble understanding...
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

It says the right of a people to keep a well regulated militia shall not be infringed.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:06 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:

MAGA

By the way, magazine fed weapons predate the Constitution by about 60 years.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The internet, television and radio are mentioned under protection of sppech. Time to eliminate?

Phones and computers aren't mentioned. You want police to be able to seize and search those without probable cause or a warrant?

You're real quick to throw away rights you don't like.
No one is throwing away rights. If you like your gun you can keep your gun. If you want to sell it, We The People, will buy it.
Wassa Problem?

Old 09-07-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
By the way, magazine fed weapons predate the Constitution by about 60 years.
Don't care when they were invented.

I remain in favor of eliminating them.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:10 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Don't care when they were invented.

I remain in favor of eliminating them.

Well, at the very least, since they did exist before the Constitution, they are mentioned in it under "arms".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies