Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 05:06 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,435,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The goal is to severely restrict the access to guns for the bad guys by significantly reducing the number of type of guns in circulation. It works. Everywhere.
Really?

How come laws against heroine isn't working anywhere?

Why didn't such laws keep people from being mowed down with automatic weapons in Paris?

Is there magic dust you'll use on these new gun bans that will make them effective?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 05:12 PM

23,396 posts, read 13,652,501 times
Quote:
The goal is to severely restrict the access to guns for the bad guys by significantly reducing the number of type of guns in circulation. It works. Everywhere.

Is that the goal......or is it something else?

Like I said in another thread, "Bob and his friends are coming at you with base ball bats. How are you going to stop the violence against you?".

If the bad guys don't have the guns, they aren't just going to give up.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:12 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,077,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, there you go again, applying the right to bear arms to a single gun. So it is either plural or it is not.
And that's fine. Unless you have an argument for taking the 2A literally, we don't need to give the same deference to that clause that we gave the 1st gun. You can still buy multiple guns, it's just contingent on you doing things first.

You have a right to vote, that's contingent on you doing things first.

You have a right to property, that's contingent on you doing things first.

You can have your right to bear arms, but it should be contingent on you doing things first.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:14 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,311,109 times
Quote:
well thanks for being honest , that's not usual from pro gun control people. In other words "yes I really don't want you to have a gun period". All the talk about "legal gun owners need not fear we aren't coming for them " from politicians turns out to be false

All the talk about "shouldn't be in CIRCULATION on the streets" really turns out "really shouldn't be in the HOMES of legal abiding citizens".

What you really are saying "severely restrict legal abiding citizens access ".

As far as restricting legal citizens Yes it does work, in England, China , North Korea, Venezuela, France, South Africa, Chicago, L.A, and so on, but somehow doesn't work so well restricting criminals from guns except maybe in North Korea which is a absolute totalitarian state and EVEN THEN who knows what criminals do there in NK because media and truth is so restricted.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:15 PM

34,620 posts, read 21,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And that's fine. Unless you have an argument for taking the 2A literally, we don't need to give the same deference to that clause that we gave the 1st gun. You can still buy multiple guns, it's just contingent on you doing things first.

You can have your right to bear arms, but it should be contingent on you doing things first.
What must you do first to have freedom of speech?

What must you do first to be avoid cruel and unusual punishment?

Old 09-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:

Well, that's fine.....changing the conditions of the statement when challenged on it. Before you stated by having one gun without restrictions, your right to bear arms was not infringed.

Now, being challenged about the plural, you change the conditions of the agreement.......which is what the government does. Which is why one should not trust them in agreements about one's rights.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:19 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,808,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
1. Make Constitutional Carry a reality.
2. Enforce the laws that are already on the books concerning 'gun' crime.

While I fully agree with this 100%, if I were in charge I would add mandatory firearms safety, handling, cleaning and shooting classes a minimum of once a year from K-12 plus every year until they turn 30.

I would also eliminate ALL "Gun Free Zones" in ALL publicly accessible places including government buildings, schools, churches, ALL courthouses, city, State and federal buildings, all State and federal parks and finally ALL publicly accessible businesses UNLESS that business used security screening machines AND provided armed security readily available to provide life saving armed security for the patrons. The only public place I would allow a prohibition of firearms is jails, prisons and mental institutions and that prohibition would be limited to those who are incarcerated at those places. Further, if a person who has been convicted of a malum in se crime is released from jail or if a mental patient has been released from a mental institution because they are no longer considered a threat to others, they shall have their full natural right to posses and carry firearms. If that person is deemed to be a genuine danger, they should not be released until they are no longer considered a danger to others.

Additionally, I would eliminate each and every law limiting or prohibiting firearms and/or ammunition and I would also eliminate any and every law regarding firearm registration. Then I would pass a law that prohibits any and every State, county, city, town or local governing body like a HOA from imposing any laws of any manner regarding firearms.

Finally, I would require ALL individuals on their own private property to display a "No Firearms" sign at each gate, and door entrance to their private property IF they are opposed to firearms being on their property. Then I would encourage their neighbors to post the following sign on their curb lawn.

I believe everyone, including former inmates who have completed their sentence has a natural right to self defense.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 09-07-2019 at 05:32 PM..

Old 09-07-2019, 05:21 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,077,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Your first comment in public, no infringement.

For everything else you say, you must apply for a permit and pay a tax.

Same with voting.
No one said to had to have universal rules for all rights.

The right to bear arms is a singular event. Once you've met it, your right to do it has been exercised.

Voting is a recurring event. Once you've exercised it by casting your vote in an election (event), you don't get to exercise it again.

Speech... Don't know? I'm good with I said on voting.

Old 09-07-2019, 05:27 PM

44,980 posts, read 26,128,380 times
Quote:
Bad guy sure is a convenient term isnt it?

Old 09-07-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
No one said to had to have universal rules for all rights.

The right to bear arms is a singular event. Once you've met it, your right to do it has been exercised.

Voting is a recurring event. Once you've exercised it by casting your vote in an election (event), you don't get to exercise it again.

Speech... Don't know? I'm good with I said on voting.

My god.....this sounds like the world in the Dr. Who story "The Sunmakers".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies