U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

2,241 posts, read 469,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I am quite thin, and disagree with him.
Im not saying hes right, but at the same time, find it amusing that people refuse to change their lifestyles yet balk at someone else stating the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM

443 posts, read 60,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Shame people for indulging in unhealthy foods that cause obesity, don't shame them for being fat.
Unhealthy foods don't cause obesity. Overeating them does. Overeating healthy foods can cause obesity. Obesity is a problem with self control. And I agree with Maher, people should not tiptoe around fat people. This is especially true for fat women who cannot seem to handle the truth.

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

1,249 posts, read 638,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Sounds delicious...can I come over...
Will you bring your own paper bag for leftovers?

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,134,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Will you bring your own paper bag for leftovers?
Leftovers go in mason jars.

Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

5,214 posts, read 2,670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Unhealthy foods don't cause obesity. Overeating them does. Overeating healthy foods can cause obesity. Obesity is a problem with self control. And I agree with Maher, people should not tiptoe around fat people. This is especially true for fat women who cannot seem to handle the truth.
Actually, unhealthy foods cause people to overeat. There have been plenty of studies that show unhealthy foods that are loaded with salt, oil, and sugar stimulate the body to want more while suppressing the chemicals that tell people they are full. The junk food industry has been engineering their products in such a way to make people want to eat more and more. More profits, you see.

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

18,000 posts, read 19,997,372 times
Should we also shame stupid people, low income people, or maybe even slow people... Cause then they will be smarter, make more money, and move quicker.... Liberal logic.. /end sarcasm

Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM

23,684 posts, read 11,738,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
I’m not saying he’s right, but at the same time, find it amusing that people refuse to change their lifestyles yet balk at someone else stating the obvious.
Stating the obvious is fat shaming, you have no need to tell a fat person they are fat. They already know it and you are only telling them to start an argument.

unless you know that person intimately, you have no idea what steps they have taken to get their weight under control. That is the inherent problem with worrying about other people's lives.

Old Today, 05:42 AM

398 posts, read 53,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Should we also shame stupid people, low income people, or maybe even slow people... Cause then they will be smarter, make more money, and move quicker.... Liberal logic.. /end sarcasm

Yes, that kinda needs to be done anyway It'd be liberals mostly shaming each other. In before someone plays the "not all" defense to this.

Old Today, 10:14 AM

10,728 posts, read 6,439,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Do you agree Bill Maher or is he being his usual jerk!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...052918084.html
According to my BMI, I fit the morbidly obese category. I completely agree with Bill, and I generally don't really care for his opinions.

Old Today, 10:18 AM

12,176 posts, read 16,942,042 times
There isn't a single fat person out there that doesn't already know they're fat. Fatshaming is a form of bullying. Are you less likely to be fat if you're bullied?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or