U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: All Things Being Equal - Would You Ever Vote For...
A Non-Male Candidate 56 80.00%
A Non-Caucasian Candidate 51 72.86%
A Non-Christian Candidate 49 70.00%
No Way 12 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 10:22 AM

8,464 posts, read 3,359,889 times

Advertisements

I would vote for a good conservative man or woman of any race and most religions, with the exception of Islam. A lot of people are suggesting Nikki Haley should be the GOP's next nominee, but isn't she a war monger? If she's an old time perpetual war neo-con I can't vote for her. I wonder if I will have republicans calling me anti-woman for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 10:41 AM

19,345 posts, read 9,917,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Until gender doesn't matter, we will be talking about it.

While you may pride yourself on being not gender biased, it doesn't mean that society doesn't still have some kind of bias.

So until it is the 'norm' not the exception there will be talk.

How many women in the Republican Senate?
How many women in the Republican Congress?

What percentage of American voters are women?

Gender matters.
Please explain to me why gender matters?

Only a sexist believes gender matters.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:46 AM

24,597 posts, read 12,843,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Please explain to me why gender matters?

Only a sexist believes gender matters.
Gender matters in the discussion.

Until we can list a BUNCH of candidates who could easily run for President under the Republican ticket -- it is an issue.

Women are very noticeably under represented in govt. by Republicans.

That's why gender matters....because it is clear Republican voters struggle with female politicians.

I'm not advocating voting for a woman because she's a woman. I'm saying that until women are more proportionately represented in office, we have an issue with people accepting women in office.

I would never vote for a woman just because she's a woman.

But then I wouldn't vote for a candidate just because they belong to a party.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 AM

1,371 posts, read 256,541 times
Has ANY republican stood up against trump the last year?

I suspect the Republican party would have to find another outsider, as Democrats most likely wont vote for anybody that licked trumps boots this obviously.

Means they have no spine, honor, faith or balls.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:33 AM

21,982 posts, read 10,578,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Gender matters in the discussion.

Until we can list a BUNCH of candidates who could easily run for President under the Republican ticket -- it is an issue.

Women are very noticeably under represented in govt. by Republicans.

That's why gender matters....because it is clear Republican voters struggle with female politicians.

I'm not advocating voting for a woman because she's a woman. I'm saying that until women are more proportionately represented in office, we have an issue with people accepting women in office.

I would never vote for a woman just because she's a woman.

But then I wouldn't vote for a candidate just because they belong to a party.
There are fewer women who vote Republican. You don't think that has anything to do with it?

And if they're stay-at-home moms, a group my fellow Dems LOVE to criticize, then they aren't going to be all that interested in taking a job that would require them to be gone much of the time.

Old 09-09-2019, 12:03 PM

320 posts, read 105,692 times
Wow, there sure seems to be a lot of conservative Republican that are very open minded and quasi-feminist.

Race, gender nor religion SHOULD matter, but historically it sure seems to have. In the past 243 years only one non-Caucasian and one non-Male candidate has ever made it to the general presidential election, and both were in the Democratic party.

So it seems it does matter somewhat, at least in the real world that most of us live in.

In the 116th Congress 12.7% of all Republicans are women 37.9% of Democrats are women.

88% of all Congress are Christian.
78% are Caucasian.

So it seems to matter in some way! Unless you assume most minority female candidates are not qualified!

Old 09-09-2019, 01:48 PM

2,969 posts, read 1,276,746 times
I'd vote for anyone as long as they weren't a Democrat.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:23 PM

6,772 posts, read 3,499,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Michele Bachman was big on submission, although not currently in office. There is not one female republican politician who is even close to running for president. But I do think Nikki Haley seems to have a good head on her shoulders.
Sorry, I’m not letting you off that easy.
Michele Bachman, when asked, said that the word submission to her husband meant “respect.” They’ve been happily married 30 years. Bachmann as a woman didn’t make it into Congress because she did the bidding of or was cowed by men.

You said:
“The Republican women I've seen in the political spotlight have been too cowed by their men for that to be allowed to happen. You know, biblical submission and all that jazz.”

I can’t think of ONE republican woman in the political spotlight who is “cowed by their men.”
Do you have the same outrage and distain for Muslim women who support Sharia law or Muslim women who wear birkinis or head wraps?? Oh, they mostly vote democrat.....

You have sadly joined the ranks of Dem elitists who enjoy character assassination of those they disagree with and think they are superior to the lesser “deplorables” with differing opinions who you all can apparently smell in Walmart.
Shame on you for belittling and smearing millions of women just because they differ in their political or cultural opinions and ideas.....

Old 09-09-2019, 04:25 PM

9,028 posts, read 4,906,484 times
I don't know if I could vote for a Republican if politically they were against choice, against legalizing marijuana, and against abolishing the death penalty.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:31 PM

11,057 posts, read 6,538,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I don't know if I could vote for a Republican if politically they were against choice, against legalizing marijuana, and against abolishing the death penalty.
I'm pro choice, and have zero issues with marijuana...I voted GOP, and will continue to do so. You can do it !!
Why would anyone be against the death penalty ?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or