U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: All Things Being Equal - Would You Ever Vote For...
A Non-Male Candidate 56 80.00%
A Non-Caucasian Candidate 51 72.86%
A Non-Christian Candidate 49 70.00%
No Way 12 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 10:02 AM

24,622 posts, read 12,859,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Did you see her performance as our Ambassador to the UN? She was awesome. Strong. Smart. Saying things that had long needed to be said, and nobody in that role had demonstrated the courage to say them.

Nikki Haley is one of the few potential candidates of any party and of either sex that has:

1) Foreign policy experience (UN Ambassador),
2) Executive experience in government (Governor-two terms)
3) Real, substantial accomplishments in her government leadership roles

In fact, I challenge anyone to name two other such people in our country who can claim those three bullet points. She will be a formidable challenger if she decides to run.

And there is not a Democrat woman alive who can even hold a candle to her in terms of character, skills and accomplishments. Not on any one of those three criteria. Not even close.

And please notice that none of that in any way emphasizes on the fact that she has female plumbing.
Can you identify her substantial accomplishments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:05 AM

11,822 posts, read 4,338,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Can you identify her substantial accomplishments?
FAR more than Hillary Clinton. That is a fact.

If you want to look them up, try google.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:06 AM

24,622 posts, read 12,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
FAR more than Hillary Clinton. That is a fact.

If you want to look them up, try google.
Well I guess they are difficult to find or you would have gladly listed them for me.
'I live in South Carolina. I know her track record as Governor. I know her track record as Ambassador. I just wanted a list of the accomplishments.

And I agree that she would be a fine PResident. I'm just not as blinded by her shining light I guess.

I truly wanted someone to list them.

I know she passed a couple of resolutions on sanctions to North Korea -- but is that an accomplishment really? Any of the UN leaders could have had that pass. It was a given. The only person who wants to be friends with North Korea is Trump

I did like that she finally realized the significance of removing the Confederate Flag from the State House. That was the right thing to do at the time. Was it worthy of a Presidency -- not sure.

Her term as Governor had some good stuff but lots of questionable stuff.

I wanted to know what you thought were her biggest accomplishments.

And as for your Clinton comment, it isn't worth responding. I had made no mention of Clinton. Have never campaigned in this thread or any thread for Clinton for anything. So it was a cheap comment to throw in with no relevance to my question.....

Last edited by moneill; 09-08-2019 at 10:21 AM..

Old 09-08-2019, 10:17 AM

38,382 posts, read 16,659,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
If Trump were not running for a second term, would his supporters and other republicans vote for a female or racial minority candidate?

Will the republican party ever elect a female or black president?

For all of Obama's two terms, republicans firmly disagreed that they were racist. But again there has never been a non-white male republican candidate in the final race.
"other republicans vote for a female or racial minority candidate?"

We have had them run before.

Unlike many dems, we vote for the best PERSON and do NOT require sex, gender or anything else as prerequisites.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd vote for a qualified female and/or non-caucasian/non christian candidate in a NY minute. There's no case to be made that the overwhelmingly christian white males have done such a wonderful job.
"There's no case to be made that the overwhelmingly christian white males have done such a wonderful job"

Unless you look at who beat the greatest army in the world at the time to gain our independence, wrote the Declaration of Independence and our Constitution and who CREATED THIS GREAT COUNTRY IT IS.

You must have failed U.S History, IF YOU EVER TOOK IT!

Old 09-08-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
After witnessing the republican elects cover and defend the worst president in history I would never vote republican again.

Republicans will never elect a woman because the republican party is stuck in the 'good old boys' mire.
Carter was consider the worst until obama came along.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Considering the direction that the Democrat party is going......

Most Republicans would vote for a GOP crash test dummy before voting Democrat.
"Most Republicans would vote for a GOP crash test dummy", it WOULD be SMARTER!

Old 09-08-2019, 10:35 AM

23,019 posts, read 9,866,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Black female lesbian republican president.

Heads would explode..
No--they said they would vote for Condi Rice.

I would too, but not Haley.

Haley sold out when she became one of Trump's lackeys. I don't think people get how hitching their wagon to Trump makes them toxic. She may be ok for republican voters, but Dems who would have voted for her pre-trump probably would not now.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:01 AM

10,371 posts, read 2,565,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The sad thing is - there aren't even any viable Republican women in the pipeline.
Glad you pointed that out. There is a dearth of women in the Republican party rising to national stature.

There are still many women who support and vote Republican, but they are not being cultivated by the party, which seems to have reverted to something of an old boys network harking back to the 1930's through 1950's.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:06 AM

9,822 posts, read 4,464,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd vote for a qualified female and/or non-caucasian/non christian candidate in a NY minute. There's no case to be made that the overwhelmingly christian white males have done such a wonderful job.

You are conflating two different things.
Regardless, more white Christian males have done great things vs. those who have not. Lets not forget that it was those people who gave us our constitutional republic, and today we are the most rich, free, powerful, and generous nation ever in mankind's history.

I'd say that is not too bad for 100% Christian, 100% male, and 98% white presidents since our inception.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or