U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 06:39 PM

33,350 posts, read 17,081,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
There are studies and even books written about how societies that give women total equality and rights (especially sexual freedom) leads to collapse of civilization.

This is especially due to women's proclivities towards "hypergamy" and the polygamy that usually results from this.

This leads to violent and unstable societies, like we see in Africa for instance.
Africa is your example of "societies that give women total equality and rights (especially sexual freedom)"?

Old 09-07-2019, 06:45 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,184,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Who moved them up? Someone had to move them into those positions of power NOW....because they did not have them before.
there are plenty of (ostentatiously) ***** whipped men up there. It is an employment requirement. They pull a corporate cart together with feminists.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:54 PM

2,066 posts, read 3,870,454 times
I read the article and the study abstract. Unfortunately the full study is not available without purchase. I respect Cornell and the issue may be with the way the study has been summarized but I don't see how the conclusion is supported by the methodology. If I understand it correctly they used data on reent marriages to construct a sort of construct. Then they compared the construct to unmarried men to determine how many are as economincally well-off or less well-off than the construct.

Assuming that the construct is calculated correctly and is better off than more than a majority of the available males, I think it is a big jump to conclude that therefore enough women won't marry until they meet someone like or better than the construct that it impacts the overall marriage rate. For one, couldn't it just as likely mean that people are now holding off on getting married until they are more established? And why suppose that the decision making is solely on the women? What if men were deciding they didn't want to marry if they didn't have a certain level of achievement?

I don't buy those explanations either, I simply throw them out there as alternative explanations for the results of the study. I wish I'd been able to read the whole thing because honestly the summaries make it look pretty sloppy with rspect to why the conclusions flow logically from the data/results.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:58 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,184,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
There is just a lot of immature and irresponsible young men out there who are not attractive to women because it shows that they can't provide and and be committed in a relationship. It's probably biological instinct...they don't want to get pregnant by some unstable guy only to be left alone caring for a child.
Funny women in their reproductive prime stand in line to the guys (later to be called "jerks") who will not commit not speaking of providing. Women are getting pregnant by "unstable" guys with the right personality all the time. Provider types are in demand much later in woman' life to pick up sloppy thirty seconds and all the baggage she's accumulated jumping from one unattainable guy to another. What a great deal provider guys can get on preowned women with baggage but only if they can show they can provide and submit to her needs. Females collectively lost their minds.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:00 PM

4,915 posts, read 2,272,630 times
Even though I was quite fetching as a young eligible lady, in my 40 years' experience in the dating game, I never dated a man who made more money than me.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:01 PM

15,819 posts, read 13,639,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Women think looks are everything, so that is a major part of the picture, too.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:03 PM

33,350 posts, read 17,081,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
What things can young women give to young men who left the basement? Not much except sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If the young men in the basements see women as a sort of masturbatory aid, they're probably better off staying in the basement. And so is the rest of the world.
You sly devil, you - I let you get away with framing the question. Because you're asking the wrong one.

Take a young woman with a degree, gainfully employed, may have laid the foundation of a career, has her own place, makes her own money. I know a few like that - well-read, well-traveled. Accomplished.

What does the young man in the basement have to offer them?

Old 09-07-2019, 07:04 PM

4,915 posts, read 2,272,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Funny women in their reproductive prime stand in line to the guys (later to be called "jerks") who will not commit not speaking of providing. Women are getting pregnant by "unstable" guys with the right personality all the time. Provider types are in demand much later in woman' life to pick up sloppy thirty seconds and all the baggage she's accumulated jumping from one unattainable guy to another. What a great deal provider guys can get on preowned women with baggage but only if they can show they can provide and submit to her needs. Females collectively lost their minds.
Men who think of women in these terms are doomed if they truly are looking for love.

But I'm not sure what you're looking for, actually.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:04 PM

15,819 posts, read 13,639,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Impossible. I'be been informed from the very highest levels of government that Americans are "loaded up with money".
But "loaded up with money" came from a higher up with a bad reputation as a frequent liar.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:06 PM

3,313 posts, read 4,499,160 times
There are just two things to make any marriage/relationship work between a man and a woman... since the beginning of time. However those two things can be misused, misunderstood, mistaken, misconceived and wrongly applied.

A woman needs one and a man needs the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or