U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2019, 08:35 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,544,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Half the posters on this thread sound like the kind of psycho men who shoot up a mall or school because they can’t get the attention of the women they want attention from. FFS, get a life and stop bashing women and blaming them for everything. It’s not a good look and it’s pretty effing lame. I never see women go to the lengths to bash men that men go to to bash women. It’s a serious issue and no coincidence that men are the violent ones when you look at the hateful, bitter crap some of them spew.
Maybe you should consider terms like rape culture, toxic masculinity and mansplain from a male perspective, and then think about who does the bashing.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 PM

21,032 posts, read 9,075,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
nah, you gals rent out real cheap...
Oh please

Old 09-07-2019, 08:49 PM

21,744 posts, read 14,426,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's working great. Women don't really need men. You do need us though.
There are hundreds if not thousands of females who rent themselves out either for intimacy or carrying children (surrogacy). Either way it is a finite business deal with some woman lying on her back to make money. In end guy comes away "happy" or with a child, end of story and supposed "need". At least until or when a guy wants that itch scratched again.

As the old saying goes; difference between a wife and prostitute is one you pay to remain, the other to go. Or to put it another way one takes her payout over the long haul, the other gets her money upfront.

Going by the vast and growing list of gay and straight males who have had children via surrogates (including Andy Cohen), am more than unusually sure much of that "need" has diminished.

Now suppose if all women united and refused to provide *any* sort of services until conditions improve, that could be a different matter. But good luck with that; historically woman have proven to be the worst enemies of their own sex.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:50 PM

4,921 posts, read 2,274,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Tell us a little about yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Stop using shaming or otherwise manipulative language and I'll stop calling you out on that. Simple.
?

Old 09-07-2019, 08:54 PM

5,328 posts, read 5,185,674 times
Quote:
You wouldn't know why you'd need it if you've never had it, I suppose.
Wrong. I give people in general, not just women, way more credit and trust than they live up too, but only once. I am a grudge in that way. I am not a paranoid, my house is unlocked, I do not own a gun, I may give a ride to a stranger and I do stop on deserted roads for stranded people. I think I have plenty of trust in humanity.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The Marriage Crisis
How marriage has changed in the last 50 years and why it continues to decline

"While marriage is in decline, unmarried cohabitation is on the rise. Fifteen times the number of couples today live together outside of marriage than in 1960. Almost half of cohabiting households include children."
France introduced "cohabitation" laws giving such relationships some (but not all) legal status of marriage to accommodate gays/lesbians demanding same sex marriage. In the end year after year it was straight couples who overwhelmingly registered for PACS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_solidarity_pact

https://bonjourparis.com/archives/ma...-are-changing/

In fact across Europe and elsewhere cohabitation (straight couples) rates have risen with or without legal protections. This is worrying to some on many fronts, but never the less it does seem formal marriage may be losing appeal for younger generations.

https://ifstudies.org/blog/cohabitat...lity-in-europe

https://www.population-europe.eu/pop...etting-married

Old 09-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Why do I need deep trust to date?
Quote:
You wouldn't know why you'd need it if you've never had it, I suppose.
Quote:
Wrong. I give people in general, not just women, way more credit and trust than they live up too, but only once.
You say you don't need "deep trust" to date.

But you trust women "way more than they live up to," but only once.

Just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:06 PM

21,032 posts, read 9,075,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
There are hundreds if not thousands of females who rent themselves out either for intimacy or carrying children (surrogacy). Either way it is a finite business deal with some woman lying on her back to make money. In end guy comes away "happy" or with a child, end of story and supposed "need". At least until or when a guy wants that itch scratched again.

As the old saying goes; difference between a wife and prostitute is one you pay to remain, the other to go. Or to put it another way one takes her payout over the long haul, the other gets her money upfront.

Going by the vast and growing list of gay and straight males who have had children via surrogates (including Andy Cohen), am more than unusually sure much of that "need" has diminished.

Now suppose if all women united and refused to provide *any* sort of services until conditions improve, that could be a different matter. But good luck with that; historically woman have proven to be the worst enemies of their own sex.
So you're saying guys can't can't control themselves because of their "itch". Too funny. And women don't need to provide services to men. Perhaps you should do it for yourself

Old 09-07-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
So you're saying guys can't can't control themselves because of their "itch."
Control? Who said anything about guys not being able to control themselves?

Old 09-07-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
So you're saying guys can't can't control themselves because of their "itch". Too funny. And women don't need to provide services to men. Perhaps you should do it for yourself
What are you taking about?

Take away points were that the "needs" so many women and others speak of that necessitate a man finding a woman have been replaced by paid services.

Not that long ago a single man who wanted children basically was locked into getting married. Courts, adoption agencies and so forth were extremely reluctant if not outright hostile to giving any single man a child, especially an infant. If the guy was gay, then all bets were off, he wouldn't get past word "go". This was most true in the highly coveted healthy white infant/child market. Minority and or disabled children were another matter.

Now any guy with a large enough bank book can order himself a baby pretty much on demand. The kid is biologically his and legally as well from get go. No wife or other female involved other than the one who signed on dotted line to engage in a finite legal business arrangement.

The other itch is simply sex, for which a vast and growing world (thanks to our friend Mr. Technology) has made it easy to find anything from a FWB to hooker. Either way once he's done; a guy is done. He doesn't have to serve breakfast, deal with endless texts, calls or emails about "getting together again", or have to hear "where is this going.......?". Nor does he have to deal with being asked to be some random female's "plus one" at her cousin's upcoming wedding and or whatever.

Last edited by BugsyPal; 09-07-2019 at 09:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or